General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

One expensive $$ car carrier load!

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/05, 03:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every Monday I get an email with new photos from a site called Exoticspotter.com. It's a cool site, that posts pictures people take of extoci cars they see out and about. There are many different makes that are on the site, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani. The list goes on and on. There are even Ford GT's on here. Some pics are from the US, some from as far as Hong Kong. You see cars that you'll never see here like a Koeniggsegg, and B Engineering Edonis. .

Anyway, I got this mornings new pics, and these 3 pics stood out. Having been a car nut for as long as I can remember, I always like seeing a car carrier go up the street. It's cool to see what is on board. In all my times of seeing these, I have NEVER seen a car carrier have this much money's worth of cars. I'd be nervous as all get out driving AND especially unloading these beauties.
I listed the cars that are on the carrier, with their approximate value today. The black car on the bottom, I can't tell what it is, so to that one I am only speculating.

[attachmentid=38035][attachmentid=38036][attachmentid=38037]

Top row (front to back)
Silver Lamborghini Diablo Roadster -$185,000
Red/Black Pagani Zonda Roadster (new car)- $600,000 (base price)
Orange Lamborghini Murcielago $285,000
Orange Koenigsegg CCR (806 hp) -$755,000

Botom Row (front to back)
???? Think its an older Astom Martin or an older TVR. Not sure
Red Ferrari F40 -$375,000-$400,000 value today
Red Ferrari F50 -$650,000-$750,000 value today
Orange Pagani Zonda 7.3 S - $500,000 or so. Older model.

Total value, $3.4 million for 7 cars, and that doesn't even include the black car. What a job to drive these to the spot and unload. I thought some might enjoy these pics.
Old 11/7/05, 03:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11/7/05, 04:32 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:worship:
Old 11/7/05, 10:46 PM
Cobra R Member

sweet jesus... that's insane. I like seeing those zonda's and the koenesigg... (sp?! too lazy to scroll...), i'd love to see one in person some day.

and don't forget the value of the truck and trailer! that's gotta be like what, $150,000 or something? I have no idea how much large trucks and stuff go for....
Old 11/8/05, 12:40 AM
Cobra Member

You've got good eyes to be able to identify those cars. But I can't tell what the black car is either. Nice post.
Old 11/8/05, 06:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thats really cool!!

Although I'm surprised that they aren't in a two-tier covered transport like the ones the GT's come on.
Old 11/8/05, 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by scottie1113@November 8, 2005, 1:43 AM
You've got good eyes to be able to identify those cars. But I can't tell what the black car is either. Nice post.
Thanks for the compliment Scott . The Pagani, and Koenigsegg are 2 of my favorite cars in the world. At the dealership, I joke with customes who see the Ford GT on the floor. I tell them, if I won the lottery, I would have a GT. They say to me, "what about a Ferrari?"I tell them, sure, but I REALLY want a Pagani Zonda Roadster, and the new Zonda F, and I definitely have to have a Koenigsegg. You should see the looks people give me ( ) when I name these 2 cars. Very few people I talk to, have ever heard of these two makes. I guess that's what I learn from reading EVO, CAR, and TOP GEAR. (U.K. auto magazines) . These are the only magazines that cover these cars. I would like to see (but probably won't) Car & Driver, Road & Track, and/or Motor Trend to a write up on these cars. Even though they aren't "legally" sold and imported here, (there are a few Pagani's and Koenigsegg's in the countyr), they still could do an article or two.

BTW, if anyone wants to see a REAL interesting (and FAST) car, Google the name B Engineering Edonis (it's based on the old Bugatti EB110). This car is INSANE!!!
Old 11/8/05, 10:19 PM
Cobra R Member

ya, those magazines are sweet. When I was in France, i picked up the first edition of the french EVO. Those guys are hilarious. The best article: The writer and photographer driving down alone together in a Ford GT from London, straight across europe, through the mountains right on down to Ferrari headquarters. They strutted that thing around, parked it next to the Stalion statue, took pictures of all the ferrari employees swarming the car to get a closer look. Some amazing photography.
I'm sorry for the off topic, but elsewhere in the mag, they had three US vs Reste du Monde (rest of the world) articles, the GT vs F430, Vette vs 911, and Mustang vs 350Z. Also had two articles about speeding on limitless highways, a Carrera GT on a stretch in germany, and a Holden Manaro (the fast one, i forget the letters) on some crazy long speed limitless stretch in Australia.

Those european car magazines are sweet, especially for the coverage of the cars we never see around here.
Old 11/9/05, 01:23 AM
Cobra Member

I checked out the B Engineering Edonis tip. Awesome.

Here's a link: www.ultimatecarpage.com You could spend hours there, and I nearly did on the Alfa Romeo page. I had a 1984 Spider--still one of my favorite cars, and I'd love to get my hands on a red 1972 2000 GTV.

I was surprised to see no DeTomaso cars. I've always loved the looks of the Mangusta and the Pantera has always been one of my favorite cars.
Old 11/9/05, 01:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@November 8, 2005, 11:22 PM
ya, those magazines are sweet. When I was in France, i picked up the first edition of the french EVO. Those guys are hilarious. The best article: The writer and photographer driving down alone together in a Ford GT from London, straight across europe, through the mountains right on down to Ferrari headquarters. They strutted that thing around, parked it next to the Stalion statue, took pictures of all the ferrari employees swarming the car to get a closer look. Some amazing photography.
I'm sorry for the off topic, but elsewhere in the mag, they had three US vs Reste du Monde (rest of the world) articles, the GT vs F430, Vette vs 911, and Mustang vs 350Z. Also had two articles about speeding on limitless highways, a Carrera GT on a stretch in germany, and a Holden Manaro (the fast one, i forget the letters) on some crazy long speed limitless stretch in Australia.

Those european car magazines are sweet, especially for the coverage of the cars we never see around here.
Jeff, tu parles francais? I imagine you do since you are from Montreal. On my last trip to France about 9 years ago I picked up a couple of French auto mags--can't remember the names now--and saw some great stuff.

Supercars are great, albeit terribly impractible here, burt for quotidien cars it's hard to beat what you find in Europe. Renault has some nice vehicles now, but I still lust for another Alfa. They may not come back to the US soon but since I'm moving to Poland next summer I may still have a chance to own one.
Old 11/9/05, 07:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@November 8, 2005, 11:22 PM

Hey Jeff, I have that same issue. Bought the issue solely for the GT. Loved the picture of it next to the prancing horse statue.