General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

New Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/06, 11:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new camaro looks better in video then pictures, and sounds awesome. check it out

http://videos.camaroz28.com/Player.aspx?fi...2E-376818B108C6
Old 2/7/06, 12:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Opinion hasn't changed: I like the body lines, but both the front and rear ends have got to change. I think the production model still has a chance to look great though if they clean it up.
Old 2/7/06, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

yeah the back of that car looks mean man....whew
Old 2/7/06, 07:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chorpeac @ February 7, 2006, 7:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I actually like the look of the Camaro from about the front window back on an angle/side view. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I am not sold on the rear end from a straight shot and I hate the front of it, the nose looks too long and pointed or something. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I'll just keep my Stang [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06, 08:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Looks 'ok', but it'll be a far cry from the actual production model. It still looks like a concept car.
Old 2/8/06, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

LOVES IT!
Old 2/8/06, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

That doesn't look retro at all...it looks like a f-in ferrari! With a Caddy front end. BOOOOOO!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I can hear all the guys with mullets in the background say..."Ughhhhh how are gunna afford this car?"
Old 2/8/06, 10:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The whole front half still looks like crap IMHO....

Looks like the car can't decide just what it wants to be.....
Old 2/8/06, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

fix the front i agree. the hiney and up to the front wheels is hot tho. maybe they should slap an iroc nose on it lol. ill bet they fix with the nose and it will look a lot better b4 it comes out. think there is gonna be another t/a or just the GTO?
Old 2/8/06, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tw0scoops123 @ February 8, 2006, 9:12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That doesn't look retro at all...it looks like a f-in ferrari! With a Caddy front end. BOOOOOO!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I can hear all the guys with mullets in the background say..."Ughhhhh how are gunna afford this car?"
[/b][/quote]
You can believe what you want but your comments about the guys with mullets need to stop, when in fact I bet the same amount of mullets own mustangs. Just because you don't like another brand doesn't mean you have to make absolutely stupid and ignorant comments. It will sell, and it will sell well. The Chevy guys said the same thing you guys are saying about the concept for the new mustang. What happened?
Old 2/8/06, 07:00 PM
FR500 Member

Umm, don't forget the Mopar guys with mullets too. J/K!!! Out of these 3 cars (Mustang, Camaro concept and Challenger concept) - the DCX offering would probably cost the most.
Don't care much for the Camaro's looks (fix f & r ends!), but like the content (6 spd, IRS, 400hp LS6). Despite all that, history might just repeat itself with the Mustang kicking the Camaro's butt in overall sales.
Old 2/8/06, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

i would rather have a solid rear axle then IRS.
Old 2/8/06, 08:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chorpeac @ February 7, 2006, 8:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Yeah JUST LIKE AN '85 Vette. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollinglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 08:40 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TehSLeeper @ February 8, 2006, 9:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You can believe what you want but your comments about the guys with mullets need to stop, when in fact I bet the same amount of mullets own mustangs. Just because you don't like another brand doesn't mean you have to make absolutely stupid and ignorant comments. It will sell, and it will sell well. The Chevy guys said the same thing you guys are saying about the concept for the new mustang. What happened?
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shower.gif[/img] ouch that was pretty harsh.anyway I would drive that car.i think its the best looking modern camaro. The front does need a little tweaking but we all know how much can change from now till production [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boltzman @ February 8, 2006, 7:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shower.gif[/img] ouch that was pretty harsh.anyway I would drive that car.i think its the best looking modern camaro. The front does need a little tweaking but we all know how much can change from now till production [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Meh I get annoyed at alot of the owners on this board. Some allow a brand bias to completely close their minds to anything else, and they make stupid and ignorant comments. Never have I really seen this bad of a bias and hatred towards another brand and it's owners. Friendly competition is cool with me, but talking poo just to talk poo is absolutely retarded. It's funny when I hear some of these people saying GM's doing worse than Ford, when in actuallity it's the other way around. GM didn't have to lay off near as many, not even close, employees as Ford has recently. I love American cars, and I love that we're getting back to muscle cars coming from all 3 brands. I don't like ignorant idiots making brainless comments simply because they're butthurt something else can compete. Whatever, I'm keeping my mustang forever, but maybe I'll buy the new Camaro and smoke all of these idiots and just wait for their excuses and comments. "Well your car should have a gun rack... blah blah blah." I have the same deal with people who can't like anything imported, which to some degree is understandable because they take away from the American economy and etc. People need to learn to have a little tolerence and respect for the competition rather than blatant ignorance and hatred.
Old 2/9/06, 12:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

i am not really partial to any brand. currently i have the stang and a yukon. i have also owned 2 benzes, 3 vws, a toyota, a mazda, 2 chevys and a pontiac. and a suziki firefly lol. now i do like the american muscle cars the most, and i hate most rice cars. but how could you not like the big dog japanese turbo cars? supra TT, 300zxTT, rx7 TT. granted, they dont sell them here anymore. i bet that if this muscle car things takes off like it did in the 60s, the supra will make a return. i also like a lot of benzes, like the s600s etc. if its a cool car and i like, i really could care less who makes it. except kia for saab. i hate saabs lol.
Old 2/9/06, 02:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Judging from whats said in this vid

click here

It sounds like this is pretty much a production model .... minus all the billet stuff, kind of the same thing that happen with the mustang.
Old 2/9/06, 04:17 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(official_style @ February 8, 2006, 11:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i am not really partial to any brand. currently i have the stang and a yukon. i have also owned 2 benzes, 3 vws, a toyota, a mazda, 2 chevys and a pontiac. and a suziki firefly lol. now i do like the american muscle cars the most, and i hate most rice cars. but how could you not like the big dog japanese turbo cars? supra TT, 300zxTT, rx7 TT. granted, they dont sell them here anymore. i bet that if this muscle car things takes off like it did in the 60s, the supra will make a return. i also like a lot of benzes, like the s600s etc. if its a cool car and i like, i really could care less who makes it. except kia for saab. i hate saabs lol.
[/b][/quote]
Wasn't directed at you but ok. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 06:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ February 8, 2006, 12:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The whole front half still looks like crap IMHO....

Looks like the car can't decide just what it wants to be.....
[/b][/quote]

I totally agree with this.
Old 2/9/06, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Quite a change. Looks like they picked up certain aspects from another car that we know and love. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Like the look of it though. Agree with everyone else up to now, front end calamity.

Quick Reply: New Camaro