General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

New Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/05, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen and heard many things about the next camaro. I just thought you guys might want to see this. It never stops amazing me at how narrow minded some people are. The fact that some "misguided person" (idiot) said " the mustang will never be a true sports car because of the '70-90 ones." What kind of sense does this make? I hope there is another camaro. There is just something about having an arch enemy. However, there is a lot to be said for mutual respect. I just wonder when people are going to realize that everyone has been chasing the mustang since it's beginning in 1964. After all, if the mustang had never existed, there would never be a camaro. So as far as I am concerned camaro lovers should be thanking us for their beloved car. Sorry, rant over!

http://www.uberchad.net/gallery2/view/abst...ro07_s.jpg.html
Old 8/10/05, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Ive heard that the camaro concept was created by some student, and just kind of got circulated around, ive been seein that picture for well over a year now (well ones like that). I saw a report the other day about the new camaro platform was a no go, and if they did do a new one, it wouldnt be until 08 at the earliest, or they could bring it bak under the dated platform. They would probably just drop the 5.7 350 horse in the z28 and the 6.0 400horse in the SS
Old 8/10/05, 09:21 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chevy people bash Ford people and Ford people bash Chevy people. This is something I personally will never understand. I have always wanted a 69 Mustang and a 68 Camaro.
Old 8/10/05, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sscobra@August 10, 2005, 9:07 PM
I have seen and heard many things about the next camaro. I just thought you guys might want to see this. It never stops amazing me at how narrow minded some people are. The fact that some "misguided person" (idiot) said " the mustang will never be a true sports car because of the '70-90 ones." What kind of sense does this make? I hope there is another camaro. There is just something about having an arch enemy. However, there is a lot to be said for mutual respect. I just wonder when people are going to realize that everyone has been chasing the mustang since it's beginning in 1964. After all, if the mustang had never existed, there would never be a camaro. So as far as I am concerned camaro lovers should be thanking us for their beloved car. Sorry, rant over!

http://www.uberchad.net/gallery2/view/abst...ro07_s.jpg.html

well said. And btw...What the heck are some of the ppl sayin in there... seems like a bunch o candy eatin, fueled on sugar rotten lil babies. Half of them don;t even know what they're talking about.
Old 8/10/05, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fazm@August 10, 2005, 9:22 PM
Ive heard that the camaro concept was created by some student, and just kind of got circulated around, ive been seein that picture for well over a year now (well ones like that). I saw a report the other day about the new camaro platform was a no go, and if they did do a new one, it wouldnt be until 08 at the earliest, or they could bring it bak under the dated platform. They would probably just drop the 5.7 350 horse in the z28 and the 6.0 400horse in the SS
A co-worker asked me about my 06 stang, as to if it had been delivered yet. Then he went on to ask if I had heard they were coming out with the 07 camaro. I said I heard rumors and I had also seen the student photochops but no real evidence. He is pretty big into cars, so I thoug I would investigate tonight. I found this article from Popular Hotrodding. If there is an truth to this it sounds like it might happen. At any rate, I just get sick of hearing people at work and other places talk about their chevys and try to act like all fords are pieces of crap. They are always the ones that bring this up. I really try to never have one of these conversations. Most of the time the person is truely uneducated about cars and or their history in general. Also, I have heard some of the stupidest reasoning behind their hate for fords and mustangs. One of my personal favorites is "man, my daddy said mustangs stink". Lately, it seems that most of these conversations have had the statement"yeah, my cavalier" somewhere in them. Need I say more.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...409phr_camaro/
Old 8/10/05, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

There were some real mature people and comments in that Camaro forum.
Old 8/10/05, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well to be realistic we saw the 2007 Cobra in 2005. Why wouldn't we have seen a serious GM image by now.

A true concept, an artist rendering or something. Not a drawing by some kid who has a great idea, but the company is too stupid to back it.

I mean GM would want some hype to take some air out of the new Mustang's attention. I think if GM was serious, they would have said something by now to have it ready by Fall 2007.

I don't really care about the Camaro, but I'd love to see a new Firebird/Trans Am. Well since you got me talking, how bout a new `Cuda?
Old 8/10/05, 10:06 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah reading comments like the ones posted (by monkeys who can type???) just under that concept pic in the first link just roll me.... people can be so closeminded......

I WILL say that the new Mustang definitely has some magic though - that works on ANYONE.

Guy here in my apt development was looking at my car the other day with his brother (who has an 04 Mach 1) - the first guy drives some little import four door with custom exhaust.....

His paraphrased quote?

"I don't like Mustangs - I HATE Fords... I think they stink.... will NOT drive them...."

Points at my car

"But THAT Mustang? That thing is HOT - I would definitely drive that!"
Old 8/10/05, 10:06 PM
GT Member

69 SS.....396.......

And I do think Chevy might be playing games, trying to keep the market off guard, first they aren't building one, then a week or so ago (can't remember article) they're building one all of a sudden...now I am a die hard Ford truck man, just seen them do too many things and hold up when the other two can't, but old muscle cars, love them all!
Old 8/10/05, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wifewantedaGT@August 10, 2005, 10:02 PM
There were some real mature people and comments in that Camaro forum.
Exactly what I was thinking...
Old 8/10/05, 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I think if Chevy was planning on an 07 or 08 rebirth of the Camaro, they WOULD be public about it... to keep the Chevy faithful AWAY from the new Stangs, AND the Shelby!
Old 8/11/05, 12:23 AM

I read somewhere that GM had scrapped the whole Zeta platform. Thus there would be no new Camaro in 2007. If there is to be a new Camaro it probably won't be till around 2010. If GM stays alive that long. The GTO may also be going away due to lack of sales and the loss of the Zata platform. And no Firebird that stinks.....By the way I'm waiting for my 2006 Mustang(already ordered) and selling my 2000 Trans Am.
Old 8/11/05, 03:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@August 10, 2005, 11:24 PM
Chevy people bash Ford people and Ford people bash Chevy people. This is something I personally will never understand. I have always wanted a 69 Mustang and a 68 Camaro.
Exactly.
And maybe a '69 Charger, '71 Challenger, '70 Nova, '67 Goat. The list is endless.
Bottom line is if a decent Camaro comes out, Ford will have to stay ahead of the game.
Thats good for Joe and Jill consumer.
It's the 60's all over again. Well maybe.
Old 8/11/05, 06:10 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@August 10, 2005, 10:24 PM
Agreed mate!
Old 8/11/05, 06:21 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@August 10, 2005, 11:24 PM

It's kind of similar to either being a Yankees or Red Sox fan, Packers or Bears fan, etc. just like any other rivalry.

Though I’m a White Sox and Cubs fan . . . so I’m all screwed up anyway!
:crazy:
Old 8/11/05, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

"Mustangs stink." Wow. How profound!
Old 8/11/05, 08:17 AM
CME
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@August 10, 2005, 9:24 PM

See that I have to agree with. I am not anti: Chevy, Dodge, or pretty much anyother American made brand. I'm not American only either. Though if not American, Italian sportbikes are my biggest desire. Yes right now I prefer Ford products, and between me and my parents our last six new cars have been Fords. But if Chevy came out with a new RWD 300+ hp Camaro and I could afford it along with my Mustang I would. Same with any other company. The problem being I couldn't afford two cars, and I wouldn't even begin to trade my Mustang for anything short of something amazing.
Old 8/11/05, 09:54 AM
I'm people, and I like.

ummm... this may answer a few questions
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=30914

Old 8/11/05, 03:58 PM
GT Member

The new Road and Track has a little blurb on the " 2007 Camaro".

They say a concept will debut at NAIAS 06 and the car will be out in 07.
Old 8/11/05, 04:01 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by muscleman@August 11, 2005, 3:01 PM
The new Road and Track has a little blurb on the " 2007 Camaro".

They say a concept will debut at NAIAS 06 and the car will be out in 07.
actually be out in 09-10

Quick Reply: New Camaro