General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

More AM DB9

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/05, 03:54 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok it's official. This car is my favorite car in the world. Talk about sexy and OH MY GOD!!!! the quality of that interior and yes I'll have mine in red please!

More pics and info

This shot is Amazing!
Old 1/1/05, 04:01 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

I think the latest AM's are probably the most beautiful cars in the world right now. They truly embody the "GT" spirit.

Thanks BM . . .just what I needed to help my head after a . . um . . rough New Years Eve.
Old 1/1/05, 04:07 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

I completely agree with you..these things are fantastic with astonishing performance. And you are more than welcome
Old 1/1/05, 04:51 PM
Post *****

Doug-

Are you, or anyone else aware (I'm lazy too lazy to search today.) if a gated shifter is available in an AM anymore? I seen to recall you and I having some discussion on this topic in another AM thread, but can't remember if we can to a conclusion.
Old 1/1/05, 04:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup, after spending a couple days out at my girlfriend's place with the latest road and track (she hates my car magazines...) with an article about the DB9, i'd have to agree with you guys. Most amazing car in the world. That close up shot of the headlight really shows how smooth and clean cut this thing is. And the dials are amazing, they look awesome when they're not lit up too. Did you notice that the tach swing around counter-clockwise, so you have a more symmetrical experience as you accelerate.

can't wait for that amv8...
Old 1/1/05, 05:23 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@January 1, 2005, 6:54 PM
Doug-

Are you, or anyone else aware (I'm lazy too lazy to search today.) if a gated shifter is available in an AM anymore? I seen to recall you and I having some discussion on this topic in another AM thread, but can't remember if we can to a conclusion.
Jason...I believe when Jeremy drove the db9 against the train he said you caould stll get one with a standard shifter.

But remember the db9 is an auto tranny at least in paddle shift form and the vanquish is a manual paddle shift gear box. In Top Gears opinion the only thing keeping the Vanquish from being top dog is the tranny.

as to whether the shifter is gated or not I can't say.
Old 1/1/05, 06:02 PM
Post *****

Doug-

Thanks.

Don't know why I thought they (AM's) had a gated shifter, but I did read (I did some searching .) one could be had with a 6-speed. Funny thing is in the AM brochure (DB9) there are no pictures of one with a manual tranny.
Old 1/1/05, 06:16 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

just found out why the AM brochure doesn't have the manual...it's not availble to later this year 05
Old 1/1/05, 06:26 PM
GT Member

Yes, the DB9 is my favorite new car and it is now available with a manual transmission.

from autoexpress.co.uk

"There's been a shift in attitude at Aston Martin - the DB9 is to get an all-new manual gearbox. The move comes as a result of demand from traditionalist customers, who want this transmission instead of the sequential automatic with dash-mounted buttons.The conventional six-speed version will join the DB9 line-up towards the middle of next year, and is expected to cost around £3,000 less than the current model."

I'm not sure why, but Henrik Fisker has left Aston Martin.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/maga...0.asp?id=12292

Here is a link to a video of the launch of the DBR9 which will race in the American Le Mans Series. Check out the related clips "VMAX VI - DB9 & F360" and "Scottish Highlands in a DB9."

http://www.pistonheads.tv/video.asp?id=175&nr=1

Check out http://www.astonmartinracing.com/am_racing.htm

Old 1/1/05, 06:32 PM
GT Member

p.s. why isn't this in the general vehicle discussion?
Old 1/1/05, 06:37 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

because AM is owned by ford. I post all AM stuff in this section
Old 1/1/05, 07:03 PM
Post *****

Originally posted by captin kapla@January 1, 2005, 9:35 PM
p.s. why isn't this in the general vehicle discussion?
What BM said, as well as any other Ford owned company, and Ford powered vehicle.

Just trying to keep it in the 'Family'.
Old 1/1/05, 08:29 PM
GT Member

Just remember that Jaguar's V-8 is not a Ford V-8.

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html

Why post Ford-powered cars like the MG ZT 260 here?
Old 1/1/05, 08:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by captin kapla@January 1, 2005, 9:32 PM

We're not talking about Jaguar. We're talking about Aston Martin. At any rate, I believe the Jaguar V8 was developed after Ford bought Jaguar, which technically makes it a Ford V8. A variation of it is used in the Lincoln LS as well.

The MG isn't a Ford owned brand. Being powered by a Ford V8 doesn't make it a Ford.
Old 1/2/05, 06:16 AM
Post *****

OK . . .my feeling is that any Ford owned manufacturer can be placed in here. Do we all know which campany's Ford owns, or has majority ownership in? (Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, AM, Jaguar, Mazda, Land Rover . . .I'm pretty sure that's it . . )

My statement 'powered by Ford' may have been out of context, but I have no problem putting an MG with Ford power in here, or in General Vehicle. In that case, should a late model Pantera not go in here because they weren't sold through Ford dealerships?

OK now back these beautiful DB9's. We can start another thread to discuss logistics regarding product placement into various threads. If some feel that the above "rule" doesn't make sense be all means PM me, and let's start a thread in Off-topic.
Old 1/2/05, 04:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by TomServo92+January 1, 2005, 11:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ January 1, 2005, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-captin kapla@January 1, 2005, 9:32 PM

We're not talking about Jaguar. We're talking about Aston Martin. At any rate, I believe the Jaguar V8 was developed after Ford bought Jaguar, which technically makes it a Ford V8. A variation of it is used in the Lincoln LS as well.

The MG isn't a Ford owned brand. Being powered by a Ford V8 doesn't make it a Ford. [/b][/quote]
In theory, you could put it in Mustang chat as the engine has the pony logo on the rocker covers...detuned 4.6 V8 Mustang and the kept the badge.....best keep it in other fords though!!
Old 1/2/05, 05:23 PM
Cobra R Member

i think any ford fan should be proud of all those brands. mazda's rockin right now. jag's doing pretty good, love the x-type and s-type, and the new xk should be sweet. volvo has gone from boxy wagons to really slick cars, look at the s40 and the v70R (still kinda boxy, but 300hp!). The LR3 is a sick SUV.
And Aston Martin, just look at those pics, and check out the AMV8 that's coming up, the baby aston.
All these brands gives ford some sweet stuff to share around, cut costs and make things good.

The DB9 gives ford fans bragging rights.
Old 1/2/05, 05:26 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Jeff I agree completely!
Old 1/2/05, 09:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by TomServo92+January 1, 2005, 10:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ January 1, 2005, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-captin kapla@January 1, 2005, 9:32 PM

The MG isn't a Ford owned brand. Being powered by a Ford V8 doesn't make it a Ford. [/b][/quote]
Jaguar developed their AJ-V8. Not Ford.

I would imagine that the DB9 give Aston Martin fans bragging rights.
Old 1/3/05, 08:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by captin kapla+January 2, 2005, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (captin kapla @ January 2, 2005, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 10:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-captin kapla
@January 1, 2005, 9:32 PM

The MG isn't a Ford owned brand. Being powered by a Ford V8 doesn't make it a Ford.
Jaguar developed their AJ-V8. Not Ford.

I would imagine that the DB9 give Aston Martin fans bragging rights.[/b][/quote]
Please read what I posted again. I said it was developed after Ford bought Jaguar, technically making it a Ford engine. I never said Ford developed it. The fact that Ford wholly owns Jaguar makes anything Jaguar develops a Ford product. That's why you see a version of it in the Lincoln and you see Volvo and Mazda underpinnings in new Ford products.

And please stop posting that same link over and over again. We've all read it and don't need to see it again. I don't need to read things more than once to understand them.

Quick Reply: More AM DB9