General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

JessicaRabbitt Meets Foose and Titus

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/05, 10:55 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Foose's shop is near where I live... My paint guy is literally three doors down, and does work with him a lot.

So, yesterday, I cruise over, and creep past Foose's. (My daughter is always so mortified when I do this) I see an Astin Martin in the drive, and its missing a bumper... NO CAMERA, someone shoot me. Saw a bunch of guys working hard, no Foose.

So, I cruise to Lanzini... turns out the bumper is there, and its Adam Corollas Astin. Foose is just doing some body work, and paint design, nothing major. I leave, go home to get my camera, because I have decided I am, GOIN IN!

I get there, and the astin is gone... bummer, I didnt get any pics. BUT, the crew did let me in to the shop... OMG OMG OMG... First, a 53 Vette, white on red, being "overhauled". Second, the guy who owns the Riddler, well he dropped off his daily driver to Foose, and its of course getting overhauled.

I am going back today, the shop guys said, "we have a couple Foose sightings, try back tomorrow, if you see him, let him know the shop needs to talk to him." LMAO! Really cool guys, VERY NICE, and accomadating.

On one wall, there is a pic of Boyd with a BullsEye... the caption says, "Take your best shot" LOL!!

I am going to go back. I didnt take any pics, the guys let me in after hours, and I didnt wanna push my boundaries at all. When I go back today, I am taking the camera, and hopefully will get to take some killer pics.
Old 8/24/05, 11:03 AM
GTR Member

Awesome, Foose is a great guy.
Old 8/24/05, 11:28 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

He really seems like he is... Have you met him Doug?
Old 8/24/05, 11:31 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
not fair! :P

man i wish i could be there....
Old 8/24/05, 11:38 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Jess you is one lucky gal!
Wonder if foose has my centerfire pasted on his wall that i sent him
Old 8/24/05, 11:48 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

If I get to see him Doug, I will ask. I promise!
Old 8/24/05, 12:37 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

cool thanx
tell him the girl that answers the emails said she'd give them to him
Old 8/24/05, 03:57 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Ok, I had the most kick hiney day!

When I got to Foose's, all the guys from yesterday remembered me, and they all told me it was my lucky day.. Mr. Chip Foose was IN DA HIZOUSE!

So, I hung out for a second, Chip was talking to a couple guys. As they left, his phone rang... He gets off the phone and says, "I am so sorry about that". WHAT? He is apologizing to me? I just walked into his shop off the street. LOL Anyway, introduced myself, let him know I am a huge fan.

We talked about a ton of stuff. The guy is just SO NICE. I mean, he thanked us for coming to the shop, told me I could take pictures.. So, I took as many as I could. Unfortuantely my card only holds 18... FIGURES! I grabbed the wrong card running out the door this morning.

I also cant find the adapter thing for my computer, so pics will have to be posted this evening when hubby gets home. I got some of the shop, a couple of Chip, I got Adams car, the paint booth, and the front office.

Doug, I did ask him about the Centerfire. He doesnt get the emails, only gets what Lynne prints off and hands him. He hadnt gotten sleep for two days, and the only thing he could remember was the current Overhaulin he is doing. HOWEVER, he did agree to the interview, so I am going to print it off, and make sure he gets it first hand, k?

We talked about the Foose 05, and he confirmed my suspicions. It was a collabrative effort. They basically asked for his design tips on doing an Eleanor, and he ended up doing so much work on it they decided to rename it a Foose 05. There will only 3000 produced. He did tell me that this is NOT a tyical Foose, he didnt get to rework any steel on this, and thats why it doesnt look like a Foose design. He said, "Its what I could do with stick on parts."

I am going to be contacting his assistant, Lynn, and getting the interview set up. Once its set, I am going to be getting questions from folks here so that we can ask him! He was TOTALLY down for it, and didnt hestitate for a second when I asked.

I gotta say again, how incredibly nice of a man he is. He seems to be very genuine, and down to earth.

As we talked to him, my daugher was drooling over the '54 Vette, (Which turned out to be Mrs Foose's) and he noticed it. I explained that she was into Vettes. His response was, "Really? Have you been over to LuVisi's?" Apparently, Mr. LuVisi is across the street from Lanzini! So, Chip said, "You gotta take her over there, he has the most incredible Vettes, tell him I sent you over there, and talk to LuVisi." So, we did. And let me tell you... Foose's is the Holy Grail of Shops, well, LuVisi's is the Holy Grail of Vettes. We got to see 12 of the most expensive and rare Vettes on earth. Including, James Garnders race Vette.

All in all, it was a day of excitment. Both my daughter and I had a blast, and are still on quite a high from the events!
Old 8/24/05, 04:11 PM
Cobra Member

holy crap, I'm happy for you that you got to just walk in and meet him.

He sounds so nice, does anybody ever have anything bad to say about him (besides coddington haha)

I'm not surprised to hear about the foose 05 mustang not having a lot to do with foose, it really isn't like his other designs.
Old 8/24/05, 04:16 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Congrats Jessica!!! Sounds like a great day and please get the pics up!
Old 8/24/05, 04:45 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Jessica thank you very much yes please print them off and bring them.

Sounds like you had a fantastic day! I'm Jealouse! and so happy for you and your daughter!

Heres links them if you need em
http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/centerfire_front.jpg
http://www.creatingthelie.com/cars/centerfire_rear.jpg
Tell him that i'm a HUGE fan and if he ever feels like contacting little ole me he's more than welcome to.

Thank you very much for even asking!
Old 8/24/05, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

you little lucky Rabbit.. mannn I'd don't know where I would start when talking to him. lol

can't wait to see some photos.
Old 8/24/05, 08:41 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Very cool for you Jessica! Congratulations!!
Old 8/24/05, 08:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

That's Awesome! Congrats!
Can't wait to see the interview and the PICS!

Doug- What about the Vr4? It's my favorite
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=135849
Old 8/24/05, 09:11 PM
Post *****

omg! you have met my idol!!!!

congradulations. he sounds awesome! wish i coulda met him...
Old 8/24/05, 09:16 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Jessica..if you could print out CenterFire VR4 as well
Just follow the Lalo link
Old 8/24/05, 09:24 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by burningman@August 24, 2005, 8:19 PM
Jessica..if you could print out CenterFire VR4 as well
Just follow the Lalo link
Old 8/24/05, 09:35 PM
Post *****

man... i know im only speculatin' here, but what if BM and foose team up n build the thing

i know i know "WAKE UP ARIN" but you never know right? (oh please....)
Old 8/24/05, 10:35 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Ok, here are the pics...

[attachmentid=31652][attachmentid=31653][attachmentid=31654]
Foose, and my daughter.....................Foose, my daughter, me.................The Shop

[attachmentid=31655][attachmentid=31656]
Paint Booth......................................Adam Corollas Astin Martin

[attachmentid=31657][attachmentid=31658][attachmentid=31659][attachmentid=31661]
Office 1...............................................Of fice 2......................................Office 3...........................Office 4

[attachmentid=31663]

Cardboard cut out of Boyd... Came out a bit fuzzy. I was wrong about what it says, it actually says, "What would Foose Do?" I noticed as I was sizing this pic that there is a pic of Boyd from a magazine ad in the backround. The faces have been "altered" by marker. I am going to take a better picture of those the next go around. According to Chip, the shop guys dress the cut out up, LOL

I am so bummed I didnt get more pics, but I had to be careful.. Also, I forgot to mention I talked to one of the shop guys. He used to work for Boyd. As we talked about the show, he told me that Boyd is really not that bad in real life. Most of it is for the camera. Foose and I talked a bit about Boyd as well. He was concerned that people thought he was stealin people from Boyd. I told him the public sees it as Boyd pushing them out, and treating people badly they lose employees. He agreed...

Anyway, will let you all know when the interview is! We should have video of it, and TONs of pics.
Old 8/24/05, 11:01 PM
Post *****

not fair!!! lol

thats sooooooooooo cool!!!! i wish i could meet Mr. Foose!

i swear, im moving to SoCal with all you ppl :P

Quick Reply: JessicaRabbitt Meets Foose and Titus