General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

I'M BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/05, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off I want to apologize for not getting back to some of you yet. As many of you know I did not have internet at home until now. I signed up for the free 50 days of AOL until I find something better.

Second of all... I LOVE MY NEW JOB!!! The guys I work with are great. They are all very patient and they take time to show me everything they can

At first it was a bit overwhelming taking some of the test. Believe me those vehicle test go very in depth! But after doing that it was time to test drive the vehicles! I just got through every one of them today.

The most notable new vehicles I drove were:

500 - These cars are simply amazing. The CVT transmission coupled with the 3.0 Duratec is just jaw dropping. It handles the road firmly but in a supple manner and it has plenty of get up and go, especially on hills, there's no down shifting whatsoever so the power is immediatley there!

Mustang - I drove an 05 Screaming Yellow V6 with black stripes. The V6 is amazing. It has plenty of power and just handles the road so well. Not to mention all the stares I got

F-350 6.0 PSD - One word... "Torque!" I pulled off the lot and gave it a bit of gas and this thing still spun the tires! Just imagine full throttle. It is a monster and I love it!

Escape Hybrid - This SUV is just amazing! It runs on the battery up to 25 mph then the gas engine seamlessly kicks in. I'll be honest, the Escape Hybrid feels like it has A LOT more power than it is rated at!

And last but not least....

A 2001 "True Blue" Bullitt It was towards the end of the day and Jeff (my manager) tossed me the keys and told me to pull it to the front. It had Magnaflow exhaust and just sounded heavenly!

Take it easy guys and I'll do my best to be on more often when I get home
Old 8/6/05, 12:27 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
what is this people, all them views but no replies?

well....

HI ANDY!!! glad to see you're back and enjoying your new job (what was your old job, making mayhem here on TMS with me, too insignificant? lol)

glad to see you're having a good time

We missed you well.... actually not sure about all them, but i did lol.

and now, about that true blue bullitt, seeing as we're old pals, do you think you could, you know......give..me...a.....ride in it?.......or maybe.....just give me........the whole car altogehter? REally? WOW! thats what i thought, you can drop it off tomorow morning.... hmmm.... i guess its "today's morning" now....

now hurry up and make some sales so you can buy me a beach house or something :P
Old 8/6/05, 06:49 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Andy, glad to hear all is going well, and the job is working out.
Old 8/6/05, 06:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Andy, glad to hear that you had a great 1st week. Good luck in class on Monday. If you need directions to the PA dealer building, just give me a call. It's only about 20 minutes from my dealership. Just remember, with this job, as serious as it is, is to HAVE FUN. This is what my boss says to me all the time. When you keep this in mind, the stress isn't nearly as bad. Talk to you later, and way to go .
Old 8/6/05, 08:51 AM
GTR Member

Yeah, those diesels are sick, a friend has one with a banks turbo and some other mods and tis pushing 2000ft lbs or torque, 4wd dead stop dry pavement burnouts
Old 8/6/05, 08:53 AM
I'm people, and I like.

:w00t:
Glad you're having a great time Andy!!!
Old 8/6/05, 08:57 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@August 5, 2005, 7:06 PM

Mustang - I drove an 05 Screaming Yellow V6 with black stripes. The V6 is amazing. It has plenty of power and just handles the road so well. Not to mention all the stares I got

Ahhhh. You learned what I already knew

Glad you like the job.
Old 8/6/05, 06:39 PM
GTR Member

hey andy, who's bullit was it that u were driving?
Old 8/6/05, 11:26 PM
Post *****

i think it was on the used lot
Old 8/8/05, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Glad to hear you made it through the first week without any battle scars.

Let us know when you get your first one!
Old 8/8/05, 06:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey thanks guys! This dial-up connection is horrible but I'm managing to get on the site now

Doug, the Bullitt was a trade in, it only has a bit over 9K on the odometer

I can't wait to start getting out on the floor. My teacher in my class put something in good context. He said "If you are honest and polite and knowledgeable you will do great! Just don't take it personally if someone doesn't buy from you. Its their loss not yours and it doesn't mean anything about your performance because 7 out of 10 times you will not have a sale."
Old 8/8/05, 07:33 PM
Cobra Member

Let us know when you close your first sale. That'll really make you feel good.
Old 8/9/05, 02:29 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Andy, we need details of that sale! (oh, and a round of drinks )
Old 8/10/05, 11:17 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@August 8, 2005, 7:21 PM
Hey thanks guys! This dial-up connection is horrible but I'm managing to get on the site now

Doug, the Bullitt was a trade in, it only has a bit over 9K on the odometer

I can't wait to start getting out on the floor. My teacher in my class put something in good context. He said "If you are honest and polite and knowledgeable you will do great! Just don't take it personally if someone doesn't buy from you. Its their loss not yours and it doesn't mean anything about your performance because 7 out of 10 times you will not have a sale."
Awesome. you should trade your 99 for it

(BTW, who deleted my post? Was it James? :angry: )
Old 8/10/05, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Andy, we need details of that sale! (oh, and a round of drinks )
I can't wait to see what the Bullitt fetches. I would imagine a pretty penny for the low mileage. Check out Sloan Ford to see the inventory. I would imagine the Bullitt will be up pretty soon. Oh and there will be a 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 up there too shortly

Oh and James should I make that a Guinness?

Awesome. you should trade your 99 for it
Nah, I like my 99 just fine. We are trading in the Element for a 2000 Taurus SES this weekend most likely. The Element is just getting too costly. With the Taurus I can lower the payments by almost $175 per month. That and its relatively low miles with 58k. The funniest thing is that the Taurus gets better gas mileage than the Element too. I've only been averaging about 20.5 mpg overall with the A/C off, cruise control set at 55 mph on the highway, and hardly ever taking it over 3,000 rpms. Its just not aerodynamic and too heavy for the engine it has.
Old 8/10/05, 12:39 PM
Post *****

get rid of the Element :w00t:

:P

now howsabout hooking up a buddy in CA with a bullitt? :P

think of all the things i almost thought about possible doing for you!
Old 8/10/05, 04:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by scottie1113@August 8, 2005, 7:36 PM
Let us know when you close your first sale. That'll really make you feel good.
Hey Andy, its Jeff. You have to let us all know when you do make your first sale. The thing about selling your first car, as my boss told me many years ago, is you will never forget their name. I sold mine over 8 years ago, and still remember their names and the car they bought. It's a very cool feeling when the first one is in the books. Kind of releaves the tension a little.
Old 8/11/05, 12:55 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@August 10, 2005, 1:14 PM
I can't wait to see what the Bullitt fetches. I would imagine a pretty penny for the low mileage. Check out Sloan Ford to see the inventory. I would imagine the Bullitt will be up pretty soon. Oh and there will be a 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 up there too shortly

Oh and James should I make that a Guinness?
Nah, I like my 99 just fine. We are trading in the Element for a 2000 Taurus SES this weekend most likely. The Element is just getting too costly. With the Taurus I can lower the payments by almost $175 per month. That and its relatively low miles with 58k. The funniest thing is that the Taurus gets better gas mileage than the Element too. I've only been averaging about 20.5 mpg overall with the A/C off, cruise control set at 55 mph on the highway, and hardly ever taking it over 3,000 rpms. Its just not aerodynamic and too heavy for the engine it has.
yeah, cool man. Good luck with it. The one thing about taurus's is they love to tort out and send the rear suspension through the trunk, so buy a few cans of undercoating and get a pressure washer or go to a car wash just to be safe
I like your 99's seats
Old 8/30/05, 08:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

You're exactly right Jeff! Carl and Anne Petrus were my first customers

Today is going to be a bit rough though. I had to come in on my day off to go dealer trade and deliver a vehicle :bang:
Old 8/30/05, 08:53 AM
GTR Member

What car did u sell for ur first sale andy? We miss you man, too bad u dont post much anymore...