General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

I drove a friend's loaded 2012 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/12, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove a friend's loaded 2012 Maxima

I admit ; I have always loved the Maximas even back into the 90's. I bought my 12' 5.0 for ***** not amenities though ( base model, no options other than automatic ). Power is the only place the Maxima doesn't crush my car. Interior quality, bells and whistles that would take a month to figure out and more just is not in our Mustang's world (even loaded premium GT's). Different cars for different purposes but man the loaded Maxima is sweet folks.
Old 6/5/12, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, now I know how to read your comments from now on.
Old 6/5/12, 11:05 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Like what options? Do they have glass roofs? Do they have track app or big breaks? Do they a convertible? Do they have sync? Do they have recaros? I would guess they would have backup cameras. I am drawing a blank on what the mustang doesn't offer.
Old 6/5/12, 11:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I guess you wont like the new MKZ or Fusion( just for starters)..hell a loaded mustang is pretty nice IMHO unless I missed something
Old 6/5/12, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mafia
I admit ; I have always loved the Maximas even back into the 90's. I bought my 12' 5.0 for ***** not amenities though ( base model, no options other than automatic ). Power is the only place the Maxima doesn't crush my car. Interior quality, bells and whistles that would take a month to figure out and more just is not in our Mustang's world (even loaded premium GT's). Different cars for different purposes but man the loaded Maxima is sweet folks.
O vey...are you joking ?

Coming from the Benz, and exotic world...the mustang gt does better than average for the money. As a matter of fact, it has no competition in quality, power and comfort in the 2 door car segment.
Old 6/5/12, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
yea how dare you compare a mustang to a maxima ... they are nice rides if I still had to haul kids around I would have looked at those more closely
Old 6/5/12, 05:07 PM
GT Member

They do have some things I would not mind having in my Mustang.

-Keyless entry/push botton start. You just need to have the key on you.
-Heated and cooled seats. Being in Florida I would love to have the cooled seats.
-Radio antenna in the glass. Fricken One we have is prehistoric.

Last edited by SCHMOKN; 6/5/12 at 05:08 PM.
Old 6/5/12, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Mustangs are fast pieces of crap boy. But hey I love my piece of crap. Every rattle, wind noise etc is just part of running 12's for $25,000.
Old 6/5/12, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Like what options? Do they have glass roofs? Do they have track app or big breaks? Do they a convertible? Do they have sync? Do they have recaros? I would guess they would have backup cameras. I am drawing a blank on what the mustang doesn't offer.
This is like trying to compare the mustang vs the z06 on the track. The Maxima is a sweet, quality car with better amenities than the Stang in every area. that said, I obviously don't buy cars for amenities.
Old 6/5/12, 05:15 PM
Banned

Mustangs are fast pieces of crap boy. But hey I love my piece of crap. Every rattle, wind noise etc is just part of running 12's for $25,000.
Are you calling me "boy"?
Old 6/5/12, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Are you calling me "boy"?
Since you want to take my comments in a negative manner with the , "now I know how to take your comments " remark . Atleast now you have a reason, right? Before, you didn't.

Anyway, back to the maxima....

Last edited by Mustang Mafia; 6/5/12 at 05:19 PM.
Old 6/5/12, 05:25 PM
Banned

Since you want to take my comments in a negative manner with the , "now I know how to take your comments " remark . Atleast now you have a reason, right? Before, you didn't.
I never said it was negative, but I now know what kind of mustang owner you are. A take or leave it kind and only really care about the cheap power. Not really a fan of the mustang for it being a mustang. Am I wrong about you?
Old 6/5/12, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I never said it was negative, but I now know what kind of mustang owner you are. A take or leave it kind and only really care about the cheap power. Not really a fan of the mustang for it being a mustang. Am I wrong about you?
I don't know about " kind of mustang owner" that I am. I do know about the kind of person that I am. I don't like bullies at all. If I took you for that incorrectly, I'm sorry but that's the way you came across. If you are that way, then I don't apologize whatsoever.

As for the issue at hand, I appreciate cars. I'm not necessarily loyal to a brand. I do tend to like bang for your buck vehicles for what they offer. Some handle amazing at a cheaper price than others. Some have a sound system that will shatter your spine but go 0-60 in 9 seconds at a relatively low price. Some 4x4 models offer lockers relatively cheap while others don't even offer it as an option. It just depends on the issue. But as for the type of Mustang owner that I am, I thought Ford really got it right with the 5.0 and I traded in my loaded 2011 Tundra Crew Max in on one. I've owned ls1 cars, 10 second notch back 5.0's, the list goes on. Basically, if a brand has something that appeals to me and fits me, I get it. I'm fortunate enough to be in that position. Anyway, good day man and by the way, I love the Gt500 if it even matters.

Last edited by Mustang Mafia; 6/5/12 at 05:40 PM.
Old 6/5/12, 05:50 PM
Banned

I love the Gt500 if it even matters.
See, I kinda knew you were an alright guy. lol
Old 6/5/12, 05:56 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

My cousin bought a new jeep Cherokee (the brand new top of the line) I forget the name for it but it is awesome.....
Old 6/5/12, 05:59 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

I agree. I've never had anything against maximas.
However the Altima looks like grandmas big butt and all of the Jukes should be burned to die a slow painful death!
Old 6/5/12, 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

See, I kinda knew you were an alright guy. lol
Yeah, I've even thought about looking for a 12' Shelby when the beast 13' arrives. I figured there's a possibility of some marked down 12's but who knows . When I got my GT I looked at Vettes too but around here Vettes were 20k more than the 5.0 and that's the base model Vette btw. It just didn't make sense. With a tune and cai, I've outran stock c6's at the track but they're coming on strong at the end. Love my pos 5.0 lol.
Old 6/5/12, 06:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I do know about the kind of person that I am. I don't like bullies at all. If I took you for that incorrectly, I'm sorry but that's the way you came across. If you are that way, then I don't apologize whatsoever.
Welcome to the club.
Old 6/5/12, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maximas are nice cars. No doubt. I've driven a few of different generations and they've always impressed me for their power (when compared to other vehicles in their class) and interior refinement.

Now I'm a Mustang guy, and I'd never want a maxima instead of my Mustang, but I'd love to have an older Maxima as a winter beater/DD.

Last edited by Kevin509; 6/5/12 at 08:41 PM.
Old 6/5/12, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kevin509
I'd never want a maxima instead my Mustang.
Make no mistake. I'm with you 100%. This thread's purpose is just saying that it's a very nice car. 2 different cars completely. Apples & oranges

Quick Reply: I drove a friend's loaded 2012 Maxima