General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

How many would buy....

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/05, 11:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho911+March 19, 2005, 11:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Psycho911 @ March 19, 2005, 11:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hootie51@March 19, 2005, 11:16 PM
I would shop foreign b4 I bought a GM product.
i dont get wuts with people like u, why do u have a "thing" for Ford, why do people have a "thing" for chevy..etc

i dont understand why u people like that like a certain company and wont buy a car unless that company makes it.
[/b][/quote]
the problem is i dont like any car GM makes, if I did then I would consider buying it but there is nothing they have that appeals to me and they probably never will. I don't only drive fords either...right now I have a nissan and I've also had an acura. I buy what I can afford, what I like, and what makes sence for me at the time.
Old 3/19/05, 11:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 19, 2005, 6:43 PM
Why stop at a GTO engine? how about a Vette engine! :P
now that would be nice
Don't both the GTO and Corvette use the LS2 engine? 400 hp 5.7L... Unless you're talking about the 500 hp Z06 Vette.

I don't think I'd go Camaro because of the wait... but if I had to look elsewhere I'd consider a Firebird/TA... just so I could have an excuse to put a bird on my hood and flames on my car.
Old 3/19/05, 11:17 PM
GT Member

I think the GTO and Corvette do have the LS2. Thats another thing that doesnt make sense to me about GM. Wont the GTO take away from potential corvette sales and vise versa (not that it makes a difference b/c the $$ still goes to GM) but why not make one car different from the other one? they both have unique heritage and history.
Old 3/19/05, 11:24 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by O5GT@March 19, 2005, 11:43 PM
i have no desire to grow the required mullet to have a "CA'MARA"
Old 3/19/05, 11:54 PM

I personally haven't liked the Camaro's styling since the end of the 1st gens. Everything after just did nothing for me visually. It would have to be heck of a car. Hmm... thinking about it. If it looks like the SS concent the showed a few years ago, I might have to go kidney farming..
Old 3/20/05, 12:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by O5GT@March 19, 2005, 11:43 PM

i would wait for the mustang...

even though i got mine off the floor...
I wouldn't cast stones. A lot of people look at mustangs and their drivers in the same light. I am obviously not one of them, since I own one and have one ordered, but there is every bit as much of a stigma attached to the mustangs as the camaros in many circles.
Old 3/20/05, 12:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+March 20, 2005, 1:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ March 20, 2005, 1:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-O5GT@March 19, 2005, 11:43 PM

i would wait for the mustang...

even though i got mine off the floor...
I wouldn't cast stones. A lot of people look at mustangs and their drivers in the same light. I am obviously not one of them, since I own one and have one ordered, but there is every bit as much of a stigma attached to the mustangs as the camaros in many circles.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly. Mustang owners have just as much of a stigma related to rednecks as camaros do. In many ways, the new mustang has reminded me A LOT of a 67-69 camaro. heck, I never even liked the older mustangs. My passion was mopar cars like the roadrunner, cuda, challenger plus the 67-69 camaro. The reason that I have loved mustangs for 15+ years is because that the design has been superior to that of Chevy. I too don't understand this industry loyalty. If I see a car that looks and performs better, I'm gonna buy it.
Old 3/20/05, 02:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would personally never buy a camaro or firebird, or a vette if I could afford it. If I was given a vette I would sell it and buy some Mustangs.
I have been a chevy guy my entire life for daily drivers.
Had a couple of other Fords and had the most horrific experience with them both. If not for that, things might be different.

When I was 12 years old my buddy got a '65 stang from his dad and we spent the next 3 years rebuilding it (with a lot of help).

I have been hooked on the Mustang ever since. I don't think that GM has ever produced anything like the Mustang. Just my opinion.
GM has put out some decent cars over the years, but nothing that will ever compare to the Mustang in styling, notoriety, or performance for the buck.

Flame away.
Old 3/20/05, 02:28 AM
Cobra R Member

NO NO and NO

My first car was a 1975 firebird V8 350 (bought in 81).The car was real nice looking and all,but i had to work on that darn car night and day just to keep it on the road.I swear if it wasnt the tranny then it was the wheel bearings or the brakes or the u-joints or etc etc etc.Maybe my first car was possesed or something but it seemed there was something wrong at least once a week or so.Long story short and i sold it about 2 years latter,and swore i would NEVER ever buy another gm product. (and i have lived up to that promise)
Old 3/20/05, 03:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@March 19, 2005, 11:46 PM
Also, I don't care for GM dash layouts, they always seem cheap and disoranized.

Ever seen the interiors of the SN-95 Mustangs? Worst in the industry.
Old 3/20/05, 03:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

if gm makes the camaro and it looks close enough to the rendered concept i will be first on the list to order and trade the GT in on it , but seeing as GM hardly ever makes anything that comes close to its concept version im sure the new camaros are going to be as big a dissapointment as the SSR was

just my 2 cents
Old 3/20/05, 05:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nynvolt@March 19, 2005, 9:08 PM
I don't keep my eggs in one basket, I like alot of cars for different reasons. So I don't discriminate against GM, but they would have had to make one heck of a sweet looking camaro to lure me away from the 05 mustang. I honestly didn't buy the Mustang for the power, it was a big selling point but I saw a picture of it on the net and knew I had to have one, it's a more primal thing rather than brand loyalty.
Yeah, what Bill said. I like the conceptual drawings of new Camaros, but the actual production versions of these renderings usually fall far short of expectations. Something is always lost in translation.

I've had all sorts of makes over the years. I think I've got eclectic taste, and I would never limit my choices to the offerings of a single company. I've enjoyed various makes for different reasons, and at different times in my life. Tastes change, and with that, needs change, so it's important to be willing to bend a little and consider purchasing cars that you "normally" wouldn't even consider. Case in point: I currently drive an Audi A4. Great little car. I fell in love with the little beast during my first test drive. It stuck to the road like glue. I was very impressed. It was fun to drive, and it was within my budget. However, I realized that I wanted a car with a little more power, so I opted to purchase a Mustang GT. If I were brand loyal to Audi, I would have chosen to buy a 340-horsepower S4. I'm not made of money, so at $53K, the S4 was not a viable option. The 'Stang will give me what I want for nearly half the price! There are trade-offs, most notably the creature comforts. However, the 'Stang will fulfill most of my wants and needs for the time being.

So yeah, I would consider a Chevy, but only if it had awesome power and looks to match.
Old 3/20/05, 06:36 AM
GT Member

I vood have BOTH!!!!

As long as the Camaro had the retro styling I would consider it. My loyalty it to good design. They would definitely have to step up their interiors.
Old 3/20/05, 07:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
H_E_Double L NO!
Old 3/20/05, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I love to mustang I have had three before. Wish Ford could get me my fourth GT 05
Old 3/20/05, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

I think not!
Old 3/20/05, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I liked the 94 Camaro convertible - it was really good looking with the top down - better than the Mustang from that period - even had one for a while. A new Camaro would be nice...if Chevy did it right. Lately, GM cars seems heavy and waaaaay over-priced. As always, the two guys are GM being told to 'shut up and go away": the first is the guy that said 'kill the F-body," and the other is the guy saying "told ya so!"
Old 3/20/05, 08:36 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Robert+March 20, 2005, 5:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ March 20, 2005, 5:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-05GT-O.C.D.@March 19, 2005, 11:46 PM
Also, I don't care for GM dash layouts, they always seem cheap and disoranized.

Ever seen the interiors of the SN-95 Mustangs? Worst in the industry.
[/b][/quote]

I never liked those either... sorry.
Old 3/20/05, 04:33 PM

I have owned 3 Cameros and 1 Firebird 78 camero, 82 camero (nothing but problems) 86 Z28 Iroc great car,89 Firebird But I don't think I would ever Purchase another one!!
Old 3/20/05, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by Mike McRann@March 19, 2005, 8:02 PM
Lots of people here that ordered in September and before are STILL waiting in the same status as your car C/U.
Who ordered an '05 in September and before that's still C/U?? Earliest order I've seen recently on here is late November...and I'm probably second at 12/14.

As to the Camaro question, IF Chevy made a retro-looking Camaro with the same kind of HP/torque as the 'Stang, and priced as reasonably, sure I'd consider it. This will be my first Ford since a '76 Granada (which was my wife's entire dowry when we married). I hated that car. Still do. But the new Mustang is just...well, it's just the way it's supposed to be. I don't see GM doing anything as good as the Mustang anytime soon, and Chrysler fouled up their shot at it (read: new Charger). So Ford will have the economically-priced muscle car market locked up for at least 2 years. Kind of like they did in '64. And the other auto makers apparently didn't learn anything from that lesson, so I wouldn't expect anything great out of them to challenge the Mustang in the foreseeable future.

Quick Reply: How many would buy....