Guy gets arrested for YouTube video.

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/10, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Nuff said.
Old 12/25/10, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this really bothers me that something like this can happen, sure it is EXTREMELY dangerous on the drivers part, but to go after someone after the fact when the cops were not there to even catch him kinda makes me feel a bit strange, im all for upholding the law, but it just seems like shady tactics.

Like back when i was in high school a campus police officer would monitor students facebook pages and get them suspended for drinking at parties.

just seems like reaching into areas they should not be allowed to go....
but im young and im a risky driver at times so im very biased, but i would feel like my rights are being violated (even though i know they arent) But if that happened to me id be super bitter and discouraged about the law
Old 12/26/10, 12:17 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the new millenium where this only goning to become more common place (reminds me of a video shot some years ago in Japan where a guy filmed some high speed runs with an F40 and got busted for it when he distributed them for sale). Its disconcerting I suppose for those of us that grew up without this sort of thing but several states are looking into the use of aerial drones for much the same thing. However for future generations its going to be business as usual (just like having grown up with cell phones and wi-fi)

The really disturbing part to me is that in some places (Massachusetts and Delaware are two of three states IIRC) where you could see a dirty cop --->extreme example ahead<--- blowing the head off of a hooker rather than pay for services rendered --->end of example<--- catch it on video and if you dont surrender the video to the very same officer when they demand it, it counts as a felony.

And it alot of cases video shot by the public (I can understand for the most part since it can be edited or shot in such a fashion that it distorts the truth) cannot be used in a trial.

While I think the go old days are now, I'm sorta glad I dont have my entire life ahead of me as we go forward since I can only see this stuff getting worse. We've evolved into a culture that thrives on being scared making things like constant video/audio surveillance in the public domain entirely acceptable as long as it provides a false sense of security.
Old 1/5/11, 08:29 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you could nab so many people from videos online, you don't need to see the speedo, a video of a car flyby you could calculate distance of objects and time between to see how fast they are going.