General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Ford AU to export to america

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/04, 11:49 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation

Read this over at the Aussie ford board I frequent..maybe we'll get our Falcon GT-Ps yet!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford Australia Supports FTA

9 February, 2004

Ford Australia today welcomed the announcement of a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the USA, saying it would provide significant opportunities for Australia's vehicle industry.
Ford Australia President, Mr Geoff Polites, said the new agreement has the potential to boost the Australian economy.

"Australia has enjoyed two successive years of record new car sales. A stronger economy, combined with a more competitive market, will increase these sales even further. This result is good news for customers and for Australia's car manufacturing industry."

Mr Polites said the agreement by the United States to immediately eliminate all tariffs on all vehicles and automotive components has the potential to bring new opportunities for the company.

"It is too early to determine any future plans, but the FTA will allow Ford to examine new market possibilities that were previously not available due to prohibitive import duties to the US."

Mr Polites said the phased reduction of tariffs on US passenger cars imported into Australia would result in some additional competitive challenges for the Australian industry.

"Ford Australia has a proven track record of developing award-winning vehicles within a flexible and cost-effective manufacturing environment. We believe that Ford Australia is well placed to meet these new challenges while also looking for the opportunities that come from the opening of the US market," said Mr Polites.

Ford's vehicle range covers most segments of the Australian vehicle market and includes the new Fiesta (on sale April 1), BA Falcon passenger and utility range, BA Falcon long wheelbase range, Explorer, Escape, Focus, Courier, F-Series, and Transit.

Ford Australia will launch the all-new Territory on June 1.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Article about the exporting here
Old 2/11/04, 01:26 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know you have been waiting for this for a while BM.

you want your assie falcon and ranchero right?

nice cars for sure.. RWD is the best.
Old 2/22/04, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxieboy@Feb. 11th, 2004, 8:29 PM
I know you have been waiting for this for a while BM.

you want your assie falcon and ranchero right?

nice cars for sure.. RWD is the best.
I reek tears of joy. This is a good day for Ford and GM. Australlia has been America's secert weapon for a long time now. We should use it wisely.

*Edit, the tariff doesn't end till 2010. This kinda sucks.
Old 3/8/04, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
booyah now if the tariffs were gone then it would be a BOOYAH :rock: