General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Dodge boys go nuts

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/07, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Exactly. Any of these projects - including Challenger - could easily get the axe as Cerberus Capital Management tries to make good on its promise to get the company back to profitability. Low volume, minimal margin cars like Challenger could easily end up on the chopping block.
The Challenger will see the light of day. The investment has been made, and the tooling and pre-production is already done.

Not to mention the hugely favorable public reaction it received. Cancelling a model like the Challenger in the phase of production it is already in would be a horrible and highly unlikely business decision.

The value of a popular iconic halo car brings momentum and brand recognition.
Old 5/21/07, 04:16 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, cancellation is unlikely - and I would hope not - but from everything I'm reading about Cerberus, they're pretty ruthless and plan to revamp a LOT of things.
Old 5/21/07, 05:40 PM
Cam Tease

They're efficient. And are willing to invest in Chrysler, as evidenced by their recent approval of the construction of a new $700 million axle plant. I hope they fire every unionized employee and default on all their pension obligations.
Old 5/21/07, 09:00 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
I hope they fire every unionized employee and default on all their pension obligations.
Or you could just hang a big sign around your neck that says, "THE UAW SUCKS" and pace up and down in front of their headquarters.

In point of fact, I agree with you. It's time the model was broken and reassembled to operate more in line with global standards.
Old 5/25/07, 12:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by exgto
The Challenger will see the light of day. The investment has been made, and the tooling and pre-production is already done.

Not to mention the hugely favorable public reaction it received. Cancelling a model like the Challenger in the phase of production it is already in would be a horrible and highly unlikely business decision.

The value of a popular iconic halo car brings momentum and brand recognition.
Latest Challenger News
Old 5/25/07, 01:36 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I hope they fire every unionized employee and default on all their pension obligations.
Gonna be alot of kids not eating if that happens.
Old 5/25/07, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The good thing about DCX products, you can probably get a 6 month old used one for $9000.

I try to hate very selectively, but everything DCX makes is absolute garbage.
Old 5/25/07, 05:35 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by kevinb120
I don't like anything DCX makes right now, either, with the exception of 300 and Challenger (quality is a separate issue). Every other new vehicle DCX is trotting out today is uglier than a festering wart on a rhinoceros butt, IMO.

But remember that there are plenty of people out there who think everything Ford makes is absolute garbage, too.
Old 6/2/07, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
The good thing about DCX products, you can probably get a 6 month old used one for $9000.

Nonsense, but that's the beauty of being entitled to an opinion.
Old 6/2/07, 08:55 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
They're efficient. And are willing to invest in Chrysler, as evidenced by their recent approval of the construction of a new $700 million axle plant. I hope they fire every unionized employee and default on all their pension obligations.
Not that people should be remindeded, but the UAW didn't hold a gun to anybody's head, the big three more or less rolled over to placate the UAW all this time, both parties were short-sighted on the matter, so while your wish all that good will on UAW workers you ought to be demanding that the guys running GM, Ford and DCX be nailed to a cross and set on fire as well.

Its easy to blame the UAW and its workers for all the woe that detriot experiences, but I cant for the life of me see why people want to see probably 100k or more workers in this country reduced to poverty and thier retirements destroyed all because some weak *** industry leader didn't have the ***** or intelligence to properly negotiate a union contract.