General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Chevy takes over Daewoo dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/04, 12:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ooooops, opened a can of worms there.......
Old 10/2/04, 12:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

There is a nice red Pacifica over at Stanford (my school). I really like it.
Old 10/2/04, 12:36 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@October 2, 2004, 11:18 AM
Ooooops, opened a can of worms there.......
haha ^_^
Old 10/2/04, 12:36 PM
I'm people, and I like.

the double post strikes again
Old 10/2/04, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@October 1, 2004, 6:46 PM
stats have shown that SUV's get in more accidents than any other automobile.
That's only because more people drive them and drive them like idiots. IMO.
Old 10/2/04, 11:09 PM
Cobra Member

Both valid points.
Old 10/3/04, 01:09 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by freebass55+October 2, 2004, 8:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (freebass55 @ October 2, 2004, 8:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@October 1, 2004, 6:46 PM
stats have shown that SUV's get in more accidents than any other automobile.
That's only because more people drive them and drive them like idiots. IMO. [/b][/quote]
c'mon now. there has to be a better reason than that. and those reasons are shown in the sources i gave
Old 10/3/04, 09:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My two cents living here in SUV hades(preferably redfire or white please-with the little timmy or jenny plays soccer,football,baseball, cheers sticker on the rear window). Here they use the blasted things for status symbols- One kid in an excursion. Please. If you have ten kids- good choice.Otherwise, fasten your brain back on and get a CAR! These women are to put it nicely- BRAIN DEAD. All the fun they used to have got stinked right out when they went out and bought a labrador retreiver and SUV. BAD CHOICE!!! WORSE MPG!

It burns me the insurance company rates my RIP Bronco as a Suv, even thought its not.
If you need to haul things- get a pickup.
Everyone I know thinks I am nuts for having two kids and a sports car. Well. Its a lot safer than that top heavy death trap you ride in, and looks cooler- and Did I mention it gets 28 miles per gallon?

My mother drives a jeep liberty, I super hate it- it kind of wobbles if the wind gets up. That's why the visors on Suburban assault vehicles have rollover warnings on them.
Old 10/3/04, 10:13 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@October 3, 2004, 8:22 AM
My two cents living here in SUV hades(preferably redfire or white please-with the little timmy or jenny plays soccer,football,baseball, cheers sticker on the rear window). Here they use the blasted things for status symbols- One kid in an excursion. Please. If you have ten kids- good choice.Otherwise, fasten your brain back on and get a CAR! These women are to put it nicely- BRAIN DEAD. All the fun they used to have got stinked right out when they went out and bought a labrador retreiver and SUV. BAD CHOICE!!! WORSE MPG!

It burns me the insurance company rates my RIP Bronco as a Suv, even thought its not.
If you need to haul things- get a pickup.
Everyone I know thinks I am nuts for having two kids and a sports car. Well. Its a lot safer than that top heavy death trap you ride in, and looks cooler- and Did I mention it gets 28 miles per gallon?

My mother drives a jeep liberty, I super hate it- it kind of wobbles if the wind gets up. That's why the visors on Suburban assault vehicles have rollover warnings on them.
i love your point April!

here in Los Angeles., SUV's are all about status. RARELY do i see a full SUV. most of the time its a lady all by herself, and they look ridiculous in my view. they have 25 in. tires, chrome all over, its an ugly looking piece of crap. SUV's are already ugly, why make it uglier?

I put my head down in shame
Old 10/3/04, 11:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Nutso- Crazieo-------
The only people who need em are people like my neighbor- shes got a houseful of kids. Strange thing is, shes very nice and still can think for herself.

This thing is dead to me:
Old 10/3/04, 01:39 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@October 3, 2004, 1:30 PM
Nutso- Crazieo-------
The only people who need em are people like my neighbor- shes got a houseful of kids. Strange thing is, shes very nice and still can think for herself.

This thing is dead to me:
I still love the "Hooters" front plate. Just got back from lunch at Hooters.
Old 10/3/04, 04:07 PM
GTR Member

Your partner lets you go to Hooters, Jason...........?
Old 10/3/04, 04:32 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@October 3, 2004, 3:10 PM

actually, my girlfriend has proposed that we go to hooters before. but i always say no, it might be a trap!
Old 10/3/04, 05:23 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+October 3, 2004, 5:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thezeppelin8 @ October 3, 2004, 5:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jgsmuzzy@October 3, 2004, 3:10 PM

actually, my girlfriend has proposed that we go to hooters before. but i always say no, it might be a trap! [/b][/quote]
Yall must not have been married/together long.
I welcome a good trip to hooters. I eat good. he drools. See? I even get amused by the tag.
Old 10/3/04, 05:33 PM
Post *****

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+October 3, 2004, 7:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ October 3, 2004, 7:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@October 3, 2004, 5:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jgsmuzzy
@October 3, 2004, 3:10 PM

actually, my girlfriend has proposed that we go to hooters before. but i always say no, it might be a trap!
Yall must not have been married/together long.
I welcome a good trip to hooters. I eat good. he drools. See? I even get amused by the tag. [/b][/quote]
Yeah . .she went with me.

She likes the food too.
Old 10/3/04, 11:13 PM
Bullitt Member

SUVs make me laugh, because people are so tiny inside them. I also did a little non-scientific survey of the roads as I drove about on my job (delivery driver; no, the Jaguar doesn't deliver food) and realized how many of those $%&#ers are on the road. There is no way that many people need those. I sit in either the car I use for deliveries or the XJ6 and just stare wide-eyed at these steel behemoths sitting next to me at stoplights, wondering what in the world would persuade someone to buy this. How are they status symbols? Their price? I mean, none of them are particularly attractive. The Infiniti FX45 is the best of the bunch (and has the best exhaust note on the road today bar none), but that's more like the Pacifica's weird niche class than an SUV. Their interiors aren't much better, no matter how nice their materials may be or fabulous their navigation systems.

If you actually use it for off-roading (when you could buy a Jeep), great. Towing stuff (buy a truck)? Lovely. Got a load of kids (get a van and LIKE IT)? Fine. You'll still have a very very hard time convincing me you actually need that Land Roving monster.
Old 10/4/04, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

I think i'm in a losing arguement. So I give up. Personally, I don't think they are as bad as you think but you can keep your opinion. I have 2 SUV's and my wife absolutely loves her Expedition and I had to give up my truck to get her one. So I killed 2 birds with one stone, I got her a bigger vehicle for the kids and also one I can still tow my trailer or boat. I am getting rid of the explorer as soon as I can, though, For a car.
Old 10/4/04, 07:48 AM
Post *****

If you actually use it for off-roading (when you could buy a Jeep), great. Towing stuff (buy a truck)? Lovely. Got a load of kids (get a van and LIKE IT)? Fine. You'll still have a very very hard time convincing me you actually need that Land Roving monster.
Doesn't that answer the question if one does all three? :scratch:

I like SUV's, but I use them for all the above (well I don't have kids), and understand both sides of the argument.
Old 10/4/04, 07:50 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

They are just gross.
I ran out to the store this morning- I believe I was the only car on the road. ALL of them in nice shades of white and red and blue- ALL with LOOK AT MY KID(Complete with getting beaten up on the playground trendiod names)! Stickers on the rear windows. If I ever come to that, kill me.
Old 10/4/04, 08:00 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Oh- and the gas stinker I own is FOR SALE(EIGHT WHOLE MPG! and a 30 gallon tank to boot)! Come one down!

It costs $20 to drive the blasted thing to Birmingham and back(approx 35 mile round trip). Why would these folk like to haul buffy and carson around in these things? TO SAY THEY GOT ONE!

Ours was supposed to be for offroading and other fun stuff. NOT to haul the kids around. My car was in the shop for a week last October having a new cooling and intake system put in, and I had to drive it. Talk about cringing- I was like THEM!