General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Chevy Impalla

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/14, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Chevy Impalla

http://www.chevrolet.com/impala-full-size-cars.html

What are your thoughts on this car. I have seen a few on the road and I have to say it doesn't look half bad. I'm not in the market and I don't think I would buy a chevy if I was. Has anyone driven or sat in one yet?
Old 6/16/14, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't stand the size of the A pillars on all the new Chevys. My dad has a volt and it has huge blindspots.
Old 6/16/14, 06:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
My cousin has one and I sat in it, it is very nice but none the less still a cheby!
Old 6/16/14, 07:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I think they look great, but I'd never buy a Chevy right now. It seems all their more current vehicles look great and have nice power plants, but I don't trust the reliability and the interiors are horrendous.
Old 6/16/14, 07:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
I've been seeing a black one come by my house the last few weeks and it looks really good.
Old 6/16/14, 07:38 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It's just more of the same. The higher end interior is better than usual but the car is the same car with different sheet metal. The few Buick models along with the Malibu and Impalla are just Chevy's fwd lineup. Too bad they don't seem to be offering a Impalla SS version with the transverse V8 at least. I finally saw the Chevy SS in person and it looks like a Malibu but I still like it.
Old 6/17/14, 06:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I wouldn't buy a chevy because of what we just found out about the ignition switches. So messed up.
Old 6/17/14, 02:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I wouldn't buy a chevy because of what we just found out about the ignition switches. So messed up.
Yeah,...I LOVE the new Impalas. They look really nice and pretty sporty as well.
I would be really hesitant to pull the trigger on any GM product nowadays.
Old 6/17/14, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

While it does suck, I don't believe for a minute that other manufacturers (Ford included) aren't doing the same thing to some degree. GM just got caught, that's all...

I really wish the average consumer in this country would hold companies like these to a higher standard. Too many are happy with sub par quality, and that is inevitably the result.
Old 6/17/14, 04:29 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
While it does suck, I don't believe for a minute that other manufacturers (Ford included) aren't doing the same thing to some degree. GM just got caught, that's all...
But GM is really messing up their cars. Really messing them up.
My brother has a 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ with about 70k on the clock. Bought brand new. Car needs 4k in repairs/labor. He has to pay 1k, but is going to fight it with GM and get it all covered, which I think they will. Something is wrong with the transmission according to the codes. (Google proved that it is a common problem with these cars.)
So,...just so happens that there are 2 others in there for almost the same identical problem. The rental car he got was a newer Chevy Impala. Guess what?! After a day of having it,...he got some warning, which I forget at the moment. Nice, huh?!? What are the chances?!
Nice going GM.
Old 6/17/14, 06:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Yep another 3.5 million GM vehicle recall announced on AutoBlog today!
Old 6/17/14, 07:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
The rental car he got was a newer Chevy Impala. Guess what?! After a day of having it,...he got some warning, which I forget at the moment. Nice, huh?!? What are the chances?!
Nice going GM.
It would be funny if it was the same warning that he brought his in for to begin with. Talk about making a case, lol.
Old 6/17/14, 07:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
But GM is really messing up their cars. Really messing them up.
My brother has a 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ with about 70k on the clock. Bought brand new. Car needs 4k in repairs/labor. He has to pay 1k, but is going to fight it with GM and get it all covered, which I think they will. Something is wrong with the transmission according to the codes. (Google proved that it is a common problem with these cars.)
So,...just so happens that there are 2 others in there for almost the same identical problem. The rental car he got was a newer Chevy Impala. Guess what?! After a day of having it,...he got some warning, which I forget at the moment. Nice, huh?!? What are the chances?!
Nice going GM.
I'm not denying that GM is deep in it, but I think their mentality is shared among the automakers (at least the Big 3). Fewer issues might find their way to the consumer with Ford and Chrysler but there are still way too many "nonsense" issues popping up with newer Fords that should have NEVER left the factory.

None of that really touches the whole Focus transmission deal, a lot of folks are unhappy about that. And the issue with that isn't so much that issues were had, but that Ford basically ignores everyone and can't come up with a fix.

It would just be nice if the domestic manufacturers took a little more pride in what they put out, and owning up to their mistakes instead of looking at it purely by how much money it'll cost them. I just feel like they couldn't give a **** about the consumer in the least, and every decision is based solely on how much money is to be made/lost.
Old 6/18/14, 04:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
It would be funny if it was the same warning that he brought his in for to begin with. Talk about making a case, lol.
What's funny is, I think it is pretty close to what his car is in for.
His is a Malibu LTZ and the rental was a newer Impala LTZ. What a mess!

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I'm not denying that GM is deep in it, but I think their mentality is shared among the automakers (at least the Big 3). Fewer issues might find their way to the consumer with Ford and Chrysler but there are still way too many "nonsense" issues popping up with newer Fords that should have NEVER left the factory.
None of that really touches the whole Focus transmission deal, a lot of folks are unhappy about that. And the issue with that isn't so much that issues were had, but that Ford basically ignores everyone and can't come up with a fix.
It would just be nice if the domestic manufacturers took a little more pride in what they put out, and owning up to their mistakes instead of looking at it purely by how much money it'll cost them. I just feel like they couldn't give a **** about the consumer in the least, and every decision is based solely on how much money is to be made/lost.
Yeah,...it goes through all manufacturers of cars, I do agree. Subaru has them, as well as Mitshubishi.
But,...GM is blowing it up. They have gone way down hill. It's a shame.
Old 6/18/14, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The problem I have with it all is that fact that they did many many cars after they knew there was a problem. Still like the looks of the car maybe better than the Taurus

Old 6/18/14, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 6/19/14, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

hey I was just kidding
Old 6/20/14, 10:41 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

lol
Plus,...the SHO will blow the doors off the Impala.
Old 6/20/14, 12:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

will the non sho beat it too? I don't know what engine is in either car lol
Old 6/20/14, 12:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

will the non sho beat it too? I don't know what engine is in either car lol
I'm not sure about that.
Never really had any interest in a Ford Taurus without it being the "SHO".

Quick Reply: Chevy Impalla