General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

'09 M3 'vert out and about

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/08, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 M3 'vert out and about

What a day. Went to lunch to sit at a bar/grill directly across from the main runway at Mccarran (Las Vegas) so we could watch Air Force One leave with G.W. in it. That was cool.

But then when I got back to the office I logged onto my bank to check on direct deposit and make sure things were cool for my mortgage to go out tomorrow, I discovered that just this morning some creep used my debit card info to make 2 withdrawals. One at an ATM at an Albertsons, the other somewhere inside the Wynn. Both presumably with cameras. I hope so. Anyway, they got almost $1500 out of my account before I had it canceled. That was un-cool.

On the way back from the police station from filing the report for the theft, I turn onto Sunset (which parallels the main runway at Mccarran) and see a gray BMW 'vert with the top up (hardtop) and some odd coverings, on the rear valance, covering the BMW logo, and along the side (on the front also, I found out). So I whip out my iPhone and snap 4 pics. While trying to get one of the front, I kinda drifted into his lane a little bit, and he noticed what I was doing and slowed down. So I put the phone away and stuck my hand out the window to show him I was done, and he passed me by and turned off the opposite way from where I was going. Decent pics too. That was cool.

I got back to the office, downloaded the pics full size (1600 x 1200) and sent a note off to Brenda Priddy and Co. to see if they would be interested. Then I went to jalopnik.com and searched, and found out BMW already accidentally released official photos of the '09 'vert. That wasn't as cool.

So it's been a roller coaster day so far. And I've got Lost to look forward to tonight, too. That'll be cool.

Hopefully it'll end on that note.
Old 2/1/08, 06:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool story, but (You know someone was going to do this to ya bro!

So Jay, where are the pics!!!
Old 2/1/08, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I knew someone was gonna do it, I sent them to Brenda this morning, wanna wait until she gives me a yes or no before I post them up.
Old 2/2/08, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
Yeah, I knew someone was gonna do it, I sent them to Brenda this morning, wanna wait until she gives me a yes or no before I post them up.
Totally understandable bro. I would want to try and cash in on some shots myself if I ever saw a prototype cruising around, and got pics of it.