General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

05s in Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/04, 11:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been watching the ford dealer the past little while when i go by on the bus, looking for any sign of Freestyles and 500s, cause i figured before i see mustangs, i'm gonna see these. Well i finally caught a fleeting glimpse of something unfamiliar today. I just went back on my bike, thought i was crazy at first, maybe i had mistaken a freestar or something, but then i found them around the side of the building. They still had all sorts of factory stickers on em and stuff. They have two 500s and one Freestyle. Definitely not very impressive, but its not that big a dealer, and they have a lot of older cars to get rid of first.

I'm a big fan of the Freestyle, and i'm hoping some day my folks'll get one. My dad's always been obsessed with ford wagons, and has been convinced that after our 91 colony park died, that would be the end of full size ford wagons for our family. He seems pretty impressed with this thing though, he could definitely benefit from the higher ride height and AWD what with his crazy fishing trips up north.

I like the height of the car. The hood is pretty much just as high as the 500's, while an explorer or something is a lot higher. And the beginning of the roof, just over the driver, is still just like a tall car. Its only towards the back that it starts to look SUVish.

I really dig the long roof rack. I wonder if they could slip that No Boundaries Escape roof rack on there...

So with these two cars safely in our city, it shouldn't be too long before i catch a glimpse from the bus of something sleek and low with fog lights.
Old 10/23/04, 02:31 AM
Bullitt Member

My local dealer now has two 05 Mustangs. One of them a Blue V6. Tomorrow (or actually, today now that I look at the time) I shall get up close and personal. Hopefully they'll have a GT I can test drive
Old 10/23/04, 08:32 AM
Cobra R Member

are you somewhere in canada?
Old 10/23/04, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Nah, I'm in Kentucky (sorry). My dealer's got three 05 Mustangs now. Two V6 Premiums (one Silver w/ Black Rocker stripe, the other Windveil Blue with a white Rocker stripe) plus a Torch Red GT with the Interior Color Insert upgrade. They're all autos. I can't test drive till Monday, but luckily I know the Sales Manager.

They also have three Ford 500's including one base car and a fully loaded Merlot Limited , they've got a couple Freestyles, a Mariner, and one Montego. The Montego's White, not a good color on that car.