Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Winter Lincoln mark 8 & summer mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/07, 05:23 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Winter Lincoln mark 8 & summer mustang

Looking for a new winter beater to take me around i ran across this a 1995 Lincoln mark 8 the price was good for what it was so I picked it up .

Now for the reasons why i got this is it's sort of a mustang substitute,it has the 4.6 - 4 cammer under the hood (yes old mustang cobra style!)it also boasts I.R.S. ! and comes with all sorts of creature comforts that you can think of .Gas milage is about the same as the mustang and still gets a lot of looks ,not like the mustang mind you but sill a few ! and it also has traction control , like the mustang it can be turned off if you wish .Now the pro's and cons if some one wishes to buy one.

Con's : The head lights on this car have problems with the head light buckets burning out only after 5 years ,for 1996 and older there is no fix for this at all you just have to replace them.As for 97 and newer new H.I.D's have come out from silvania through ford to replace the old units ,still a bit costly at around 600 dollars but they will never need to be replaced again .
The air ride suspention if needed replacement is very costly ,I haven't checked but it's about 1000 dollars a bag so i'm told .it can be replaced there are kits that change it over to coil and shock for about 500 dollars.
Tranny module sensor on these cars can go defective even though you have put the car into drive the sensor might think your in nutral.it's a cheap fix at about 40 dollars for the part .
This car is rear wheel drive so take this into consideration before buying one .

Pro's:These cars are now getting cheaper to get as a used car ,new up here I belive they were in about the high 40's or more range,today you can get a good one for about 5000 to 13000 used for the 95 to the 98's
a lot have low milage makeing a big savings if you like this kind of car .
The motors are the 4.6 liter 4 cammer 280 to 290 hp having different intake cams and plentum (side intake vs front of mustang) other than that pretty much the same.
I.R.S. for those thast want a 4.6 with I.R.S. this car has it and with a working air ride it's quite the car to have ! The faster you go with the air ride the more it lowers the car to the ground .When stopped or at a light the car will re-adjust it's self up to it's proper level hight .
There is more side room and rear pasenger room ,you can get into the back seat of this car no problem and it's quite roomy.

So if your looking for a winter ride mustang subsitute check this out ,i do recommened winter rims and tires for this one as they boast crome aluminum rims from the factory and being a rear wheel drive this will only help .

Good luck finding one as there was not many bought origionally because of it's price but if you get one i belive you will enjoy it !
Attached Thumbnails Winter Lincoln mark 8  & summer mustang-p4130004.jpg   Winter Lincoln mark 8  & summer mustang-p4130005.jpg  
Old 8/4/07, 07:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Good choice.
I always liked those and they have lots of power.
When they first came out I considered buying one but ended up getting my classic Oldsmobile with the 455 instead.
Old 8/5/07, 03:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe add RWD and Premium Fuel to the Con's for a winter car.

Nice car , but not a Snow Plow.
Old 8/5/07, 09:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Thanks for the feedback karman and Dave I always like to hear what others have to think good or bad about my ride !
Mind you Dave it does say premeum fuel but seeing as the Mustang is regular no point in treating this old car with premium .... so far is working on regular just fine LOL.
Old 8/6/07, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing negative about the Lincoln, great looking Ride.
I still miss my 93 Fully Loaded ThunderBird.
The one thing I disliked about it was driving it in Winter, worst car
I ever Owned for 5 months of the Year.
Best Ride for 7 months.
Old 8/10/07, 06:37 PM
legacy Tms Member

Thanks Dave! I'm going to see if i can improve on the winter driveing part by installing witer rims and tires and see how that works .
I'm going to look into a set of steel crown vic rims and see if they have the same bolt pattern and hub center and then go from there.