Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

UPS deliveries from states?? Fees?

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/06, 07:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPS deliveries from states?? Fees?

Anybody know anything about this statement?

UPS will collect additional taxes, duty, and customs brokerage charges prior to delivery. Please contact your local UPS office for estimates of these charges.

OE Pirellis are at an all time low on Tire Rack right now, $462 CAN for a full set shipped to Canada.

Anybody know what the UPS penalties are, or how I can avoid them with a different carrier?

Cheers,
-CJ
Old 11/8/06, 08:27 PM
GT Member

Don't know about that, but I will never ship another item by UPS, after they F***ed up a cedar chest I built for my niece, and insured. They refused to honor the insurance, claimed it wasn't their fault they delivered it upside down, and dropped ot off the delivery truck.
Old 11/8/06, 11:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try avoiding Companies that only ship UPS.
US Postal is much Cheaper.

Example: American Muscle
Product Cost = $ 104.98
Shipping = $ 63.60

Old 11/9/06, 05:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wilsonchristian

UPS will collect additional taxes, duty, and customs brokerage charges prior to delivery. Please contact your local UPS office for estimates of these charges.

OE Pirellis are at an all time low on Tire Rack right now, $462 CAN for a full set shipped to Canada.

Anybody know what the UPS penalties are, or how I can avoid them with a different carrier?

Cheers,
-CJ
There is no duty on any car parts, camera equipment that I know of. The only thing that has duty is alcohol or smoking products (Tobacco or Cigs).

For me I live in Toronto, and had my FFRP exhaust shipped to a UPS store in Niagara Falls and they charged me $11 to receive it ($5 for small, $10 for medium and $15 for a large package); saving the brokerage fees

However I was over in the US for over 4 hours taking pictures and such, so I had a reason to be there besides picking up my exhaust
Old 11/9/06, 11:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a buddy who works at the border... I bet he'd love to hear your story :P

As for brokerage..yes UPS charges crazy ammounts.
Check on their site, its based on dollar value of the product being shipped
Old 11/13/06, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomer
I have a buddy who works at the border... I bet he'd love to hear your story :P

As for brokerage..yes UPS charges crazy ammounts.
Check on their site, its based on dollar value of the product being shipped
Now now Pete, that wouldn't be nice.
Old 11/14/06, 09:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wilsonchristian

Cheers,
-CJ
Seems to me they like to STICK it to anyone for like 35.00 Can on a 80.00 us item
You know just like how all the phone companies just got nailed for over charging us and then the CRTC letting them keep that and not giving it back ! We should launch something to stick it to UPS
Old 1/13/07, 07:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just a thought.....I live in NY, 15 minutes from the Prescott bridge. If any of you guys close to me want to have something sent to my house, then pick it up here, that's not a problem.
Old 1/13/07, 08:02 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,862 Posts
Usps Is Cheaper Than Sending Ups To Canada. My Canadian Customers Always Prefer Going Usps.

kc
Old 1/14/07, 02:26 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check the prices on http://www.tiretrends.com/ they are based out of Vancouver and apparently their prices are very competitive.

Brokerage fees are pretty steep
Old 3/14/07, 07:51 PM

CJ: Since you're in Ottawa., why not do what my friend does. He buys goods in the States on e-bay and has bought tires and tire-and-wheel combinations from The Tire Rack, and he has them sent to his name, care of the UPS Store in Ogdensburg, NY.

The UPS Store charges $5 to hold something and UPS gives you Internet tracking, so you just wait for it to arrive, then skeedaddle two hours down the 416 and across the bridge, then another 2 miles or so along Route 812, pick them up and cross back over.

He always tells Cdn and US border officials exactly why he's going to the US, declares everything when he comes back, and Cdn Customs converts the purchase price to Cdn $$, then charges him PST and GST. He has never paid customs brokerage charges nor been charged any form of duty.

Address of the UPS store is:

The UPS Store
2981 Ford St. Extension
Gateway Shopping Centre
Ogdensburg, NY

email: store2946@theupsstore.com

Shipments arrive after 12:00 noon on the arrival date. Take with you receipts and proofs of purchase for the return to Canada. That UPS Store is full of stuff for Canadians and there are always stacks of tires. It's cool!

Craig