Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Soon the cars will be out again....any plans?

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/08, 02:35 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Soon the cars will be out again....any plans?

Well I don't know about the rest of you guys that store your cars, but for me, this is the time of year where I start to plan any changes I want to make to the car and getting everything ready. I just placed my order of Zaino's, a hood pin kit (Shelby Performance) and will be modifying the huge cover on the shaker. I want to trim that thing down so it is easier to work on the car. Aside from that I plan on installing 4:10 gears. Ya, it is my cheap option compared to installing a supercharger. I am thinking about lowering the car again using the Eibach springs I took out last year, but this time using D-Spec's instead of the stock shocks/struts.

Anyone else doing anything to their cars this year?
Old 2/5/08, 09:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I still have 2+ months to wait.

The only item purchased this winter was the SHR lower Grill Insert , not like last year
when I spent about $700 on goodies.
Its a Compulsion that I have to watch closely, due to a lack of Will Power and the fact that the Car can end up looking like a Circus from all the nonfunctional goodies hanging on it.

Nice to see some of the Canadians are also getting Sick of Hibernation.

Update: Feb 24, Since last post have purchased Sylvania Silverstars (H13ST), SHR Mirror **** and E Brake Handle.
Hopefully I can keep my Credit Card in my pocket til Spring.

Spring is coming
Old 2/5/08, 09:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i might do wheels and tires, but i dont store my car over full winters, mine will be out again this friday.
Old 2/6/08, 06:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

John, while my car is a show car, I drive it every weekend that the weather is nice and clear and the roads are dry. New items for the car will include the California Special rear bumper, already installed the SHR lower grill inserts, got my nav done already, and will hopefully get a few MAG goodies this spring, before the show season starts.

Only thing left would be to somehow convince myself to purchase the CDC Shaker system and add it to the car. I love how it looks on your car John, but I have 2 issues with their kit. The shroud is too big and will take away from my valve covers, I do like my engine cover, and I had plans for a custom STB. Now I do have a friend who has a PJ, and he could get me the Saleen shaker, as it just sits on the top of the engine. Gotta look into this more.

Hey John, I do have a question for you. Are you going to attend the MCA show in August? Its at Ford of Canada's HQ. I got about 12 people from Badmustangsclub heading up with me. Really looking forward to this show, and if you were attending, would like to finally meet ya and say hello. Let me know.
Old 2/6/08, 06:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I know what you mean about the Shaker. I am going to modify mine over the next few weeks to get rid of that huge shroud. Mainly because I was thinking of replacing my valve covers with some custom painted ones.

So where exactly is the Ford Canada HQ I've never been there and kinda feel dumb having to ask where it is, but hey, if I am able to make it there under 5 or so hours I would most likely go.
Old 2/6/08, 07:08 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Ah, I took a look and see that the HQ is in Oakville. I'm pretty sure I could make it to that show. It takes me about 2 hours 30 minutes to get there.
Old 2/6/08, 10:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

It's just off the QEW/403 where it meets Mississauga. Giant assembly plant and corporate headquaters. They blew up the old headquaters building a year or two ago. Pretty awesome to see.
Old 2/6/08, 04:33 PM
I Have Admin Envy

hmm...

I just picked up a set of steeda pullies for my car, which will be installed once it warms up in our area.

Next, a full steeda suspension kit along and a shelby spoiler

At least another 6 weeks before I am driving the car again

I will probably be at that MCA show in august, considering its 30 minutes from my house.
Old 2/6/08, 05:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

John, Colin and Steve, thats awesome you all are going to go to it. Its an important show, as it will be the 1st ever MCA show outside the U.S. This and it being at FOC headquarters made me want to drive the 450 miles up there. I'll be here with a bunch of peeps from my club. When you see me around my car, (or if I see you around your cars), be sure to say hello. Would be cool to put some faces with the names.
Old 2/6/08, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I just had a Vortech Supercharger installed last week so I am off to a good start this year

My car has cloth seats so I am thinking of changing to leather next.

The show at Ford HQ sounds good. I have been to a show there before when I had a 02 F150 Harley Edition some years back.
Old 2/8/08, 04:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
John, Colin and Steve, thats awesome you all are going to go to it. Its an important show, as it will be the 1st ever MCA show outside the U.S. This and it being at FOC headquarters made me want to drive the 450 miles up there. I'll be here with a bunch of peeps from my club. When you see me around my car, (or if I see you around your cars), be sure to say hello. Would be cool to put some faces with the names.
Will do man!

As for plans, I think I might change up my stripes a bit, get some smoked corner lenses, and possibly get myself an H-pipe.
Old 2/15/08, 05:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey John, Nothing new this year I think....
Gonna start saving for a 2010/2011 (Plus I just bought a house in 07)

I'll probably be at the show in Aug....can always hit it up on the way back from my girlfriends.
Old 2/21/08, 12:29 PM
Banned

I dono yet
Old 2/21/08, 12:55 PM

Gonna have Steeda do a lowering kit (stage 1) at the end of April. Did the hood pins (Shelby) stripes and hood scoop already. I CANNOT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!!
Old 3/9/08, 05:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thinking of some new rims KC has this type ,probably get the red pin lines as well .I'll know better as summer starts up ,our contract is up at work this early summer so i don't want to spend a few grand incase i need it to keep the house going.
Attached Thumbnails Soon the cars will be out again....any plans?-dsc03172.jpg  
Old 4/16/08, 08:40 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Went to pull mine outta storage on Monday.
Battery was @ 72% and 12.4v
Hooked it up, cranked it, started like it was never left alone for 4 months

I found that if you don't have the doors locked and alarm set before you yank the battery, when you reattach it, the alarm won't sound.

Thought it was going to be tough, like forgetting how to drive stick...
Hoped took her for a rip and MAN... it is like driving a new car again
Old 4/21/08, 02:26 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Ya, the first couple of days I felt like I had forgotten how to drive the car. It was almost embarrasing. lol