Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

First oil change

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/05, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an appointment for my first oil change next week (5700 km) and I have talked to the guy at Ford service about an annoying sound between 90 to 80 when the car deccelerated...
I think I have seen a topic previously about that in the general forum ?!?! Since I am not coming here to often now... Somebody has info about that issue with some of the GT 05 ???? Its not so bad but I am now focusing on it and I hope they will be able to correct that. :scratch:
Old 2/12/05, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by StangMary@February 11, 2005, 8:46 PM
I have an appointment for my first oil change next week (5700 km) and I have talked to the guy at Ford service about an annoying sound between 90 to 80 when the car deccelerated...
I think I have seen a topic previously about that in the general forum ?!?! Since I am not coming here to often now... Somebody has info about that issue with some of the GT 05 ???? Its not so bad but I am now focusing on it and I hope they will be able to correct that. :scratch:
Salut Mary,
I think it must have something to do with the gear and pinion, where the two meet, you sometimes get that annoying noise when decelarating, as to know if it's normal or not, i suggest that you bring the car to the dealer......my 5.0 has done that for a while after i did a gear swap....it 's a bit normal for the gear to do that when it's new as it takes a bit of driving for the gears to to mesh perfectly...let us know what they say......
Mary, je part pour Cuba demain matin et reviendrai dimanche prochain, aussitot revenu, je ferai une rencontre souper pour le début Mars.......j'ai été trop occupé ce mois-ci, alors je récidive pour Mars......
A bientot.....
Old 2/12/05, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StangMary@February 11, 2005, 8:46 PM
StangMary, it might be the backlash adjustment, but here is something for thought! you might want to have that rear end checked out just to be on the safe side. Apparently somebody took one out [05GT] at a local dealership for a test drive not long ago. When the guy came back, I heard he was livid, and told the dealership to keep the car, he was no longer interested. The story I heard was the rearend. I see the car is well buried on the lot, and I hear it is awaiting a new rear end to be delivered from Ford. Seems like it's only happening to a few, but I'd have it checked just to make sure. Good Luck!
Old 2/12/05, 06:29 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apparently there is a TSB on gear noise.

Have them check it out.
Old 2/13/05, 07:04 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@February 12, 2005, 7:32 PM

Have them check it out.

Galaxie, sorry for my ignorance but what TSB means ????????
Old 2/13/05, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by StangMary+February 13, 2005, 8:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangMary @ February 13, 2005, 8:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie@February 12, 2005, 7:32 PM

Have them check it out.

Galaxie, sorry for my ignorance but what TSB means ????????
[/b][/quote]

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Ford knows of the problem, and has come up with a solution.

Cheers!
Old 2/21/05, 05:25 PM
GT Member

No TSB on this issue...

They checked and everything met the specs.
I will have to wait until the summer to see if they will change everything because with the rain and winter tires... the sound was not enought loud to do something now... Will see.

For the moment, I can leave with that. As I mentionned previously, it's not so bad... with Rammstein, Slayer, Zombie playing in my CD player....