Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Ducktails Anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/06, 11:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering if anyone in the GTA is gonna be interested in a ducktail this year. I'm thinking about a 3d Carbon (3m tape only, covers the holes) or something else that's quality and covers the holes without any mods (read drillling trunk holes for bolts - yikes!!!) Or is this a waste???

Le'me know, maybe 2 or 3 with the same brand request could save a bit on shipping??

Mark

PS Pete - send me your address in a PM if you would please.
Old 1/31/06, 06:40 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure John (adrenalin) is in the market, not sure about anyone else

(I am a maybe, but I am leaning towards yanking the spoiler and filling the holes)
Old 1/31/06, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well you've got guts Steve. I get upset when a dust particle lands on the trunk, let alone a drill bit going throught it !!

Anyways, there's 2 maybes.....any more ???
Old 1/31/06, 03:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If its just the trunk lid that has to be drilled Mark you might want to consider getting a used one and have the ducktail done to that ,at least if you change your mind and want to go back and put the factory trunk lid back on the car you can.

Same goes for you Steve just scout around for a used non-drilled lid ,now that its optional for the rear spoiler sooner or later one is bound to show up at the wrecker ..Just paint and install ...you never know it might be cheaper than having the spoiler removed and the holes filled.
Old 1/31/06, 04:50 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Craig,

a cousin is a bodyman, I could probably get it done for a 2-4
Old 2/1/06, 08:43 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SS ducktail is sitting in my trunk as we speak.Expected my car to already be in the body shop but I guess that isn't going to happen until near the end of February.
Old 2/2/06, 11:57 AM
Banned

Nope no ducktail for me, if you remember way back I was complaining about the spoiler before I ordered. I even called Ford Canada a few times to complain.

I've since grown to like it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 12:03 PM
I Have Admin Envy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fastrack @ February 2, 2006, 2:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nope no ducktail for me, if you remember way back I was complaining about the spoiler before I ordered. I even called Ford Canada a few times to complain.

I've since grown to like it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I don't mind my spoiler, but considering I have an ugly scratch on the decklid, unless I can get it off with touchup paint, I may just call in a favor and have the spoiler taken off and the decklid welded up.

That alone should take 15 minutes out of drying the car
Old 2/2/06, 12:17 PM
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ February 2, 2006, 2:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't mind my spoiler, but considering I have an ugly scratch on the decklid, unless I can get it off with touchup paint, I may just call in a favor and have the spoiler taken off and the decklid welded up.

That alone should take 15 minutes out of drying the car
[/b][/quote]

Yea drying it is a pain in the butt!
Old 2/2/06, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

How will I hide a trunklid from Mary?? All these darn wheels in the house are taking up way too much of my secret hiding spots already !!

Kiddin aside, I couldn't bare to drill holes in it. Couldn't even watch Steve do it to his. But I'm curious to see one of our Cdn cars with a ducktail on it, these other wings are too common. I remember the one at the GTAMC picnic but it was not done too well and I wasn't impressed.

Talk at ya's, Mark

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ripstang @ January 31, 2006, 5:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If its just the trunk lid that has to be drilled Mark you might want to consider getting a used one and have the ducktail done to that ,at least if you change your mind and want to go back and put the factory trunk lid back on the car you can.

Same goes for you Steve just scout around for a used non-drilled lid ,now that its optional for the rear spoiler sooner or later one is bound to show up at the wrecker ..Just paint and install ...you never know it might be cheaper than having the spoiler removed and the holes filled.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/5/06, 10:08 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ February 2, 2006, 5:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How will I hide a trunklid from Mary?? All these darn wheels in the house are taking up way too much of my secret hiding spots already !!

Kiddin aside, I couldn't bare to drill holes in it. Couldn't even watch Steve do it to his. But I'm curious to see one of our Cdn cars with a ducktail on it, these other wings are too common. I remember the one at the GTAMC picnic but it was not done too well and I wasn't impressed.

Talk at ya's, Mark
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] Well you could bolt the deck lid to the head board of you bed in the open position ,if you wife ever gets to bed after dark she'll never notice except for the child safety reflective " J " hook hanging in the air [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/5/06, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ripstang @ February 5, 2006, 12:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] Well you could bolt the deck lid to the head board of you bed in the open position ,if you wife ever gets to bed after dark she'll never notice except for the child safety reflective " J " hook hanging in the air [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Oh you're a riot, Alice!! But thanks for the thought.....unfortunately she's on to me after the "What wheels??? Oh those wheels.....they're for Jessica's wagon" lie. In the interim, I'm becoming chummy with the FedEx and UPS guys so that I can arrange for clandestine drop-offs in the future.
Old 2/8/06, 04:44 PM

Hey... just found this thread for us canucks. Would love to fill the holes in the deck lid but seems to be way to costly. so a GEFductail or 3D carbon I guess it will be. Any thoughts on having the tail epoxied on?