Northeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Looking for reputable auto shop in CT

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/12, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for reputable auto shop in CT

Hi all-

I'm looking for reputable auto shop / mechanic in CT for some various performance & side jobs. I'm located in Hartford but willing to travel a reasonable distance. Let me know- thanks!
Old 5/15/12, 08:50 AM
Cobra R Member

I use Dez racing. Mike is one of the best mustang tuners out there IMHO. I have heard pretty good stuff about XX tuning in East Hartford, some local guys say Chris is really good. I have also heard of Paul at P&P perfromance in Oxford. I myself haven't used them this is only from word of mouth. I will stand by Dez racing though.
Old 5/18/12, 09:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by allthefreakypeople
Hi all-

I'm looking for reputable auto shop / mechanic in CT for some various performance & side jobs. I'm located in Hartford but willing to travel a reasonable distance. Let me know- thanks!
Come on over and join the Late Model mustang club of connecticut.. lot of great resources and people.

We even have our spring Cruise this sunday if you can make it!
http://www.lmmc-ct.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64489

Originally Posted by skunk21
I use Dez racing. Mike is one of the best mustang tuners out there IMHO. I have heard pretty good stuff about XX tuning in East Hartford, some local guys say Chris is really good. I have also heard of Paul at P&P perfromance in Oxford. I myself haven't used them this is only from word of mouth. I will stand by Dez racing though.

Chris the tuner at XX? He started his own business in 2008 in Bethel, and he and his shop is amazing (he has tuned my mustang & subie, done my brothers clutch.. and some of the rides that go through the shop are ridiculously nice)

http://www.efilogics.com/index.html

Chris Schoen-Kiewert - Lead Calibrator / Partner

Following good mechanics comes class leading calibrations. Chris has calibrated thousands of vehicles varying from Open wheel race cars to Porsche GT2's. Prior to his move to open EFI Logics, he worked for an industry leading facility that specialized in high end automobile performance and tuning. Chris, who has a degree in Computer Science, decided that corporate America was not for him. In 1999, chose to blend his love for cars and computers by calibrating cars part time until he was fully employed at XX Tuning in 2004. With many job opportunities to join facilities such as
Cobb Tuning, Chris had decided that he wanted to stay in CT and was ready to start a new venture that took calibrating cars and customer service to a new level; this was the birth of EFI Logics in 2008.

Last edited by Shotokan1509; 5/18/12 at 09:04 AM.
Old 5/18/12, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by skunk21
@Skunk21- sorry for the delay. I'm not looking for tuning, just some miscellaneous jobs- i.e. exhaust. I inquired through their website a while back but have not received a response. Thank you for the recommendation! :-)
Old 5/18/12, 09:30 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
Come on over and join the Late Model mustang club of connecticut.. lot of great resources and people.

We even have our spring Cruise this sunday if you can make it!
http://www.lmmc-ct.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64489
@Shotokan1509- Where is your event on Sunday? And my car is a 2001- not really a late model but could you're club still have helpful resources for me?
Old 5/21/12, 09:12 AM
GT Member

Total Induction Tuning Solutions in South Windsor could help you out with modifications of any type. Paul is a great guy and does good work. I'd bring my Mustang or Lightning there in a heart beat even for the smallest of Jobs if I didn't want to do them myself.

Or as already mentioned, Dez Racing. Although it's a haul to get out there so that's why I found someone closer.

Bill
Old 5/21/12, 10:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by allthefreakypeople

@Shotokan1509- Where is your event on Sunday? And my car is a 2001- not really a late model but could you're club still have helpful resources for me?
It started off as "late model" awhile back so youre all good. Wish Id seen this earlier, but they have summer & fall cruises & looks like another event in July. Some knowledgable members (not me) too so worth checking out if your local. Talked to a bunch of good people on Sunday, my first cruise.
Old 5/25/12, 08:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MustangBillJr
Total Induction Tuning Solutions in South Windsor could help you out with modifications of any type. Paul is a great guy and does good work. I'd bring my Mustang or Lightning there in a heart beat even for the smallest of Jobs if I didn't want to do them myself.l
Hey- I just found out that I need my Head Gasket replaced- apparently it's a pretty common problem with the 3.8L. Bill- can you PM me and I'll contact him and told him that you referred me?
Old 5/26/12, 04:26 AM
GT Member

^^^I replied to your PM yesterday, just in case you haven't seen it yet
Old 5/26/12, 06:08 AM
V6 Member

Hey Bill- I did get it and called. Unfortunately, he told me that they don't do normal auto work but only performance mods/upgrades. But thanks anyways.