Mid-Atlantic Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Car Wash in NOVA?

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/11, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Wash in NOVA?

Hey all NOVA folks,

My new stang arrived a couple of weeks ago...loving it so far! Sadly my 60 mile commute to work roundtrip through the Tysons construction = a dirty car. My apt complex has no hose and I'm wondering if you all know of any places that offer do it yourself car wash. I also wish there were brushless car washes in the area, bc I don't want to risk messing up the paint. I ordered all my car wash stuff, now just looking for a place I can use it.

Any info would be helpful! Thanks!
Old 8/2/11, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sillyme
Hey all NOVA folks,

My new stang arrived a couple of weeks ago...loving it so far! Sadly my 60 mile commute to work roundtrip through the Tysons construction = a dirty car. My apt complex has no hose and I'm wondering if you all know of any places that offer do it yourself car wash. I also wish there were brushless car washes in the area, bc I don't want to risk messing up the paint. I ordered all my car wash stuff, now just looking for a place I can use it.

Any info would be helpful! Thanks!
What part of NoVA are you located? There's a DIY car wash in Sterling called Sweetwater Splash (200 Davis Dr, Sterling, VA 20164). There is also a brushless car wash at the BP station a bit down the road off of Sterling Blvd that I use from time to time with decent results.

If you're in the Leesburg area there is a DIY carwash in Purcellville off Main Street across from the McDonalds.
Old 8/2/11, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VA Raptor

What part of NoVA are you located? There's a DIY car wash in Sterling called Sweetwater Splash (200 Davis Dr, Sterling, VA 20164). There is also a brushless car wash at the BP station a bit down the road off of Sterling Blvd that I use from time to time with decent results.

If you're in the Leesburg area there is a DIY carwash in Purcellville off Main Street across from the McDonalds.
Thank you, I haven't laughed like that in a long time. "the" McDonalds, that is pure gold.
Old 8/4/11, 02:42 PM

I'm in Falls Church so those are pretty far options for me. I'll keep lookin around. Thanks!
Old 4/6/12, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Mr Wash! They have a bunch of locations throughout NoVA.
Old 4/13/12, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you haven't heard of it yet, look in to "Optimum No Rinse" (ONR). There are a few threads over at AFM from people ranting about the stuff. It is a very popular product in the detailing community too. I've been using it for years with nothing but good things to say.

What is it?

It is a way to wash your car without needing a hose to rinse. All you need is a bucket with 3 gallons of water in it. Add a few ounces of ONR, soak your mitt, wipe a panel, and then dry with your drying towel. It will not mar your paint or cause scratches unless you have been out mudding.

You can also look on YouTube for how-to videos of ONR.

So just fill up a bucket in your apartment, take it down to the parking lot, and wash your car at home.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Just make sure you have a decent wash mitt/sponge and some decent (microfiber) drying towels. This will eliminate your mitts/towels to cause swirling.
Old 6/25/12, 04:18 PM

Yeah, NOVA is a desert when it comes to self-serv car wash bays for some reason I haven't quite fathomed. While I certainly prefer to hand scrub my car myself, time and weather permitting, I do like the option of at least quickly spraying off the grunge in between without having to take it to a full automatic car wash, which always makes me a bit concerned about being a bit harsh to the finish.