Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

I am just sick!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/08, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am just sick!!

Well I hate to be a whiner but... as some of you know we have had alot of rain in the last 2 days over here and you may remember that I helped my dad move into a new home about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Well in short the home has a finished 1600 sq/ft basement with carpet and the sump pump failed to work and he has 2 inches of water through out the entire basement. I am sick for him. And I can't do anything to help his pain. I am sure it will be covered by insurance but it will never be the same to him!! Sorry to post a non-mustang post but I talk to you guys more than anyone. I am just sick for him.
Scott
Old 3/19/08, 07:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well I hate to be a whiner but... as some of you know we have had alot of rain in the last 2 days over here and you may remember that I helped my dad move into a new home about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Well in short the home has a finished 1600 sq/ft basement with carpet and the sump pump failed to work and he has 2 inches of water through out the entire basement. I am sick for him. And I can't do anything to help his pain. I am sure it will be covered by insurance but it will never be the same to him!! Sorry to post a non-mustang post but I talk to you guys more than anyone. I am just sick for him.
Scott
Scott, sorry to hear about your Father's basement flooding! I wish I lived close so I could help ! I seen on the news your area is really getting dump on with the rain good luck and be careful ......
Old 3/19/08, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, to here about his basement. We had that problem in our first house and I swore I would never have another basement.
Old 3/20/08, 05:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Scott, I feel your (and his) pain. This happened to me and Kim in 2003, about two months before we had here family from California all flying in (and staying with us) for our wedding! You talk about one stressful, anxious time.

Our basement has been water-proofed; it has the channels that run along all four walls and funnel rain water to the sump pump. Our problem was though, that the CITY OF DECATUR's storm drain system could not handle all of the water- so our basement was doing it's thing and sending the water to the sump pump, but the pump could not send it to the city because the city couldn't take anymore. Talk about frustrating!

We had just shy of $10k worth of damage and that's only because we were able to get my 55" Mitsu TV up on cement blocks and were fortunate enough to not have to replace any paneling or wall material. The biggest loss was our computer, which was killed and had 1000s of photos and documents on it.

Anyway enough about us. Wish you and your pops better spirits and a happy Easter holiday.
Old 3/20/08, 10:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
sorry to hear man...I've had my house waterprrofed this past summer, so hopefully it will work well for the new owners....if someone would buy my house...
Old 3/20/08, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks guys. Well the insurance adjuster was out this morning and a crew of workers came and removed all of the carpet and pad in the basement. He was lucky to the point that they were home and found the problem before they had 2 feet of water. Now get what the problem turned out to be. Remind you this house is brand new and was just final inspected 4-5 weeks ago. Well the sump pump had some kind of short and would trip the breaker after running for about 15 mins. So the breaker was tripped and the pump could not run. So when dad hit the breaker the pump started running but would trip again in a little bit. He would hit the breaker and it would run again for awhile. So he has a new pump now. Great inspection job.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 3/20/08 at 04:09 PM.
Old 3/21/08, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So whats up with your Pop's ?
Old 3/21/08, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
So whats up with your Pop's ?

Well I don't think is good. He said the fans are still running in the basement and it smell like an old gym shoe in the house now. I told him to turn the heat off, open some windows in the basement and upstairs and go to dinner for a few hours. He has the house shut up tight right now. No where for the moisture to go IMO! It's 50 dgrees here right now.