Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Hood getting repainted

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/08, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hood getting repainted

Well occupants of Earth, I am getting my Hood Painted April 7 Heres the deal, Last December While traveling on one of are fine Midwestern Interstates I got a rock ding in my hood! I took the Stang to a gentleman whom has removed many dings for me over the years. you know one of the Paintless ding dudes he has always done excellent work, even removed a factory up ding from the hood of the Stang for me a month after I purchased it !....He did remove the ding but these friggin aluminum hood are kinda funky. the day I went to pick it up he tells me I got the ding out BUT !!!!! HE HAD A LITTLE ISSUE. He sure did where he pulled the ding out was discolored a beautiful shade of gun metal Grey! well as my hair stood up on the back of my neck the first thought I had was to pistol whip him, thank god my wife talked me out of caring my 38 a year and a half ago...lol...He told me he could touch it up would almost be undetectible..WRONG !! so after starring at this blob for the last few months I couldn't take it any longer I took the Stang to a old Friend who runs a Great body shop he's going re shoot the hood for 300.00 bucks...

Last edited by blkstang06; 3/20/08 at 03:03 PM.
Old 3/20/08, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Well occupants of Earth, I am getting my Hood Painted April 7 Heres the deal, Last December While traveling on one of are fine Midwestern Interstates I got a rock ding in my hood! I took the Stang to a gentleman whom has removed many dings for me over the years. you know one of the Paintless ding dudes he has always done excellent work, even removed a factory up ding from the hood of the Stang for me a month after I purchased it !....He did remove the ding but these friggin aluminum hood are kinda funky. the day I went to pick it up he tells me I got the ding out BUT !!!!! HE HAD A LITTLE ISSUE. He sure did where he pulled the ding out was discolored a beautiful shade of gun metal Grey! well as my hair stood up on the back of my neck the first thought I had was to pistol whip him, thank god my wife talked me out of caring my 38 a year and a half ago...lol...He told me he could touch it up would almost be undetectible..WRONG !! so after starring at this blob for the last few months I couldn't take it any longer I took the Stang to a old Friend who runs a Great body shop he's going re shoot the hood for 300.00 bucks...

I have also had pretty good luck in the past with the dent removal guys. I am sure he felt bad and I know that does make you feel any better. As long as your friend does a good job I am sure you will be happy again. Good luck!!
Old 3/20/08, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Dang, now's the time to just buy a new Cervini's hood and have him paint that!

OK OK, I know..... you can't decide whether or not to install a shaft that you already bought, so how the heck would you decide on what hood to buy. I know, I know.....
Old 3/21/08, 02:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I have also had pretty good luck in the past with the dent removal guys. I am sure he felt bad and I know that does make you feel any better. As long as your friend does a good job I am sure you will be happy again. Good luck!!
Its going to be alright ! when your a real man and actually drive your Stang your going to get some wear and tear, not like a few garage queens that hang out here in the Midwest forum....

[quote=tom281;5532092]Dang, now's the time to just buy a new Cervini's hood and have him paint that!

OK OK, I know..... you can't decide whether or not to install a shaft that you already bought, so how the heck would you decide on what hood to buy. I know, I know..... [/quote That ran thru my mind, I thought about the Cervini GT500 hood... Like them hood vents ! !
Old 3/21/08, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[quote=blkstang06;5532742]Its going to be alright ! when your a real man and actually drive your Stang your going to get some wear and tear, not like a few garage queens that hang out here in the Midwest forum....

Originally Posted by tom281
Dang, now's the time to just buy a new Cervini's hood and have him paint that!

OK OK, I know..... you can't decide whether or not to install a shaft that you already bought, so how the heck would you decide on what hood to buy. I know, I know..... [/quote That ran thru my mind, I thought about the Cervini GT500 hood... Like them hood vents ! !

Oh you would probably just leave that lay on the floor too.
Old 3/21/08, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
ouch