Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

a good mustang shop around kansas city?

Old 3/7/08, 03:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a good mustang shop around kansas city?

does anyone know of any good mustang shops around kc that handles in performance stuff.
Old 3/7/08, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

hello, its great to see another Kansas City owner around the forums, not many of us around, I live in North East KC.

the best shop in the metro for our cars is by far supertune performance. The website is down for some reason, but I just called them and they are aware, I think they are upgrading the site.
They are located in south johnson county. the owner had a big article in 5.0 mag recently, he took a S197 GT and basicly turned it into a GT500.

I am going to have my car tuned by them, they are by far the most advanced mustang performance shop in the metro area.

the phone number is 913 814 7243.

hope this helps

Steve
Old 3/8/08, 06:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys...The Central Missouri Mustang and Ford Club would like to invite our KC brothers to our 27th annual show in Columbia, MO. It is going to be held on June 23rd (Sunday) and would be great to have you all come over. We are expecting 150 cars this year (all fords) and had 90% Mustangs last year. I will be posting a scan of the flyer on the Meet page of the site soon.

Love to see some of the KC rides show us country hicks how things are done...

Last edited by Mach; 3/8/08 at 06:13 AM.
Old 3/8/08, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mach
Hey guys...The Central Missouri Mustang and Ford Club would like to invite our KC brothers to our 27th annual show in Columbia, MO. It is going to be held on June 23rd (Sunday) and would be great to have you all come over. We are expecting 150 cars this year (all fords) and had 90% Mustangs last year. I will be posting a scan of the flyer on the Meet page of the site soon.

Love to see some of the KC rides show us country hicks how things are done...
Good to see other KC guys in here as well!

One of the best places for paint/body and performance on the east side of town is in Lee's Summit called R&A motorsports... I bought my shaker there...they installed and did the painted stripes on my hood and spoiler for around $1300.00

Here is there website: http://www.r-amotorsports.com/

On the west side of town most people use supertune great place..they seem kind of high in price though. They quoted me around $7400 for a procharger and installation.

Also as far as shows and cruises...here is a link for local stuff: http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...ventFinder.cfm

Hope to see you guys around!
Attached Thumbnails a good mustang shop around kansas city?-img_3960lil.jpg  

Last edited by n4agoodtyme; 3/8/08 at 10:24 AM.
Old 3/8/08, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey...not to thread highjack here...but.... are any of you going to WSC1 in St. Louis this year...same as the old World Ford Challenge...but it is now open to all makes with an emphasis on Fords..I have been to every World Ford Challenge in St. Louis and they are ALWAYS a good time....
Old 3/8/08, 10:56 AM
GT Member

i would like to go and i actully have taht week off work for the st. louis show but not sure if going to be ble to.

thanks yall for the shops in town. i live outside of lee's summit so ill check the l.s. place out first. hope to get some stuff soon for mine.
Old 3/8/08, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by staindreality
i would like to go and i actully have taht week off work for the st. louis show but not sure if going to be ble to.

thanks yall for the shops in town. i live outside of lee's summit so ill check the l.s. place out first. hope to get some stuff soon for mine.
They are right behind Bob Sight Ford...on the same street as the McDonalds is on. They are the company that makes the Twister special...They have TONS of shelby parts, but also carry a full line of CDC stuff as well. Their prices are decent...a little high on wheels and such, but this is the only place around.....
Old 3/8/08, 01:43 PM
GT Member

do you know if ra motorsports does custum tunes?
Old 3/8/08, 03:30 PM
Cobra R Member

I'll be there unless I am dead.
Old 3/8/08, 11:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by staindreality
do you know if ra motorsports does custum tunes?
They don't, but you should go in there and look at all the classics they are restoring.

+1 for SuperTune. Joe tuned my car, 2006 GT with stock pullied Saleen SC, 11.88 @117.

Also, if you want things like shifters, driveshafts, etc installed, go to Mike Perkins at Rosso Motorsports.
Old 3/9/08, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
Hey...not to thread highjack here...but.... are any of you going to WSC1 in St. Louis this year...same as the old World Ford Challenge...but it is now open to all makes with an emphasis on Fords..I have been to every World Ford Challenge in St. Louis and they are ALWAYS a good time....
I posted a question about the WSC 1 asking if anyone had gone to it not realizing this was the first WSC. Do you think it will be worth the money to go check it out? I've never been to a NOPI show in person, but Is it like a NOPI show with muscle cars?
Old 3/13/08, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes..it is WELL worth the money if it is going to be like the WFC venues....
Old 6/13/08, 07:05 PM
V6 Member

I will throw my 2 cents into this, there is an auto body shop that (i am told) does performance work too called Midwest Auto Care (or Midwest Muffler and Brakes, I have seen it called both) at 7601 Shawnee Mission Parkway (just over a block west of metcalf). their website is http://www.midwestautocare.com/ but they appear to have merged with Weaver's Auto Center (http://www.weaversautocenter.com/) at 6502 Vista Ave on Shawnee Mission Parkway (about 1.5 miles east of 7 highway). We used to know the owner of Weavers and I have had my car worked on there and they did a very good job.