Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Moving to Houston

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/15, 07:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Houston

I accepted a new job at a dealership - just off interstate 10 in "the heights" I will be working for Tomie Vaughn Ford...looking for an apartment nearby- anybody familiar with the area? I will be there March 1st
Old 2/20/15, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Camden on I-10 has some fairly new ones they put up. There's a few on E and W TC Jester that are nice.

I used to live in the Oak Forest area (From Tommie Vaughn, go north on Shepherd. Get to Pinemont, turn left. Get to TC Jester, turn left. Get to 610, turn left. Back to Durham/Shepherd, and you've pretty much circled the area) and that I would recommend... except the apartments there, for the most part. Rent a house, though. Good neighborhoods. Shepherd Park Plaza, Candlelight Plaza, Oak Forest, all those in that area are good nice places, plenty to get to from there. I miss it to be honest, but it isn't where I need to be now.

Basically, this wedge here: (http://goo.gl/maps/0tkP0), with Shady Acres and such added, is what you're probably maybe looking for?

Also, all those areas above won't suck for commuting.

Past that, well, I don't really know. Mostly I-10 stuff, like Bunker Hill, Memorial areas, or there's some new ones just outside the West Sam Houston Tollway on I-10 maybe. Commute will *definitely* suck though, so bear that in mind.

Really, though, I think I can say that the situation hasn't really changed much, and the northwest 'quadrant' from Tommie Vaughn is overall decent neighborhoods, and going out 290 (talk about SUCK commute) there are some nice places I've seen.

I don't know if that helps ya any, but them's my thoughts. I also don't know what rate you're looking for, but Good luck!

Last edited by houtex; 2/20/15 at 11:20 AM.
Old 2/20/15, 11:18 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Camden on I-10 has some fairly new ones they put up. There's a few on E and W TC Jester that are nice. I used to live in the Oak Forest area (From Tommie Vaughn, go north on Shepherd. Get to Pinemont, turn left. Get to TC Jester, turn left. Get to 610, turn left. Back to Durham/Shepherd, nad you've pretty much circled the area) and that I would recommend... except the apartments there, for the most part. Rent a house, though. Good neighborhoods. Shepherd Park Plaza, Candlelight Plaza, Oak Forest, all those in that area are good nice places, plenty to get to from there. I miss it to be honest, but it isn't where I need to be now. Also, all those areas above won't suck for commuting. Past that, well, I don't really know. Mostly I-10 stuff, like Bunker Hill, Memorial areas, or there's some new ones just outside the West Sam Houston Tollway on I-10 maybe. Commute will *definitely* suck though, so bear that in mind. Really, though, I can say that the northwest 'quadrant' from Tommie Vaughn is overall decent neighborhoods, and going out 290 (talk about SUCK commute) there are some nice places I've seen. I don't know if that helps ya any, but them's might thoughts. Good luck!
Id say anything out 290 is gonna have a suck commute for a long time. There were some good looking places around beltway 8 at I-10. Maybe a little bit west of that but not much.
Old 2/20/15, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Indeed, and I'm not sayin' go there. I also edited the comment with a google map surrounding the 'where' I'm talkin' about for him.

290 is the SUCK right now.
Old 2/26/15, 10:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hope by this time you should be settled, welcome to town. hope to meet you in one of many stang meets.
Old 2/26/15, 10:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I head that way tomorrow - moving to Katy