Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Tampa Cookout

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/06, 06:54 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tampa Cookout

Is everybody still up for the cookout in Tampa that we talked about in the other thread when I mentioned having another Race Rock meet??

We were going to meet on December 9th - only 1 week away!
Old 12/3/06, 10:04 PM
GTR Member

Nobody going? Just going to be me showing up at Chuck's house?
Old 12/5/06, 07:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom,why don't we reschedule.?.I want like 20 stangs pulling up to my house and breakin the sound barrier (Not that I wouldn't mind having just you come over )
Old 12/5/06, 08:08 PM
Big Falken Tires

HEY guys - sorry I have been outta the loop for a while - work has been kickin my *** and been sick....

YEAH travel plans for me are on HOLD for the month really...... so I would be OUT

Chuck with the holidays, I really think best case scenario would be January - here's my idea.... perfect weather, late in Jan we do the early morn meet at Race Rock..... then cruise back to your place for mid afternoon BBQ......

Whaddya think??

Regardless we can talk about it at SIlver Springs right? Jeebus - that's really not that far away!
Old 12/5/06, 11:01 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Chuck with the holidays, I really think best case scenario would be January - here's my idea.... perfect weather, late in Jan we do the early morn meet at Race Rock..... then cruise back to your place for mid afternoon BBQ......

Whaddya think??
Sounds perfect to me!
Old 12/6/06, 10:46 AM
Big Falken Tires

I gave the heads-up to Dave/MTAS and he sounds good for it......
Old 1/4/07, 12:30 PM
Big Falken Tires

So been talking with Dave - maybe the 27th of this month for Race Rock meet?

(and maybe Chuck's place afterwards?.... that is unless he is partying with Mickey Mouse again....... )
Old 1/7/07, 08:06 PM
GTR Member

So been talking with Dave - maybe the 27th of this month for Race Rock meet?

(and maybe Chuck's place afterwards?.... that is unless he is partying with Mickey Mouse again....... )
i got no idea what you talking bout Dove
Old 1/7/07, 09:24 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Boltzman
i got no idea what you talking bout Dove
We missed you this weekend bro!!! Silver Springs was pretty cool.....

I wanna try this week to see about getting the next Race Rock meet together...

You up for Fun Ford in Orlando in March with me, Dave and Perry?.....
Old 1/8/07, 11:25 AM
GTR Member

We missed you this weekend bro!!! Silver Springs was pretty cool.....

I wanna try this week to see about getting the next Race Rock meet together...

You up for Fun Ford in Orlando in March with me, Dave and Perry?.....
Yeah ,I wished I coulda gone with you guys..Where are the pics?/Did any TMSers win anything?? Meeting at my house sounds great..Let me know when. I definitely want to go to Orlando but I'm hoping it doesn't fall at the same time as another race/show in Bradenton that same month that my brother in law wants me to go to .Do you know the one I'm referring to?
What are all the specifics of Orlando one?(dates,money,registration,etc.)
Old 1/8/07, 08:14 PM
Big Falken Tires

Yeah ,I wished I coulda gone with you guys..Where are the pics?/Did any TMSers win anything?? Meeting at my house sounds great..Let me know when. I definitely want to go to Orlando but I'm hoping it doesn't fall at the same time as another race/show in Bradenton that same month that my brother in law wants me to go to .Do you know the one I'm referring to?
What are all the specifics of Orlando one?(dates,money,registration,etc.)
Nah we all lucked out Chuck - another reason to make sure we hit the MOSI show next year and get some NEW TROPHIES

I hear you got one at the Roush signing show??

Fun Ford is 1st weekend in March - the Nitto NMRA event at Bradenton is the very next weekend - so if that is the one you are talking about, no sweat - they don;t overlap. I ran both events last year in my black 05 (and got runner up in Street Ford at Bradenton)

but will most likely just be showing my car in the shows this year.

http://www.funfordevents.com/index.p...=2006_Schedule
Here's a link to the FFW schedule - I don't believe they have pricing up yet........

I was thinking if we can pull the 27th together - Race Rock meet Sat morn from 9:30 or 10 to noon, then back west to Tampa and your place for BBQ and hanging out (and terrorizing your neighbors )

Old 1/9/07, 07:44 PM
GTR Member

Nah we all lucked out Chuck - another reason to make sure we hit the MOSI show next year and get some NEW TROPHIES

I hear you got one at the Roush signing show??

Fun Ford is 1st weekend in March - the Nitto NMRA event at Bradenton is the very next weekend - so if that is the one you are talking about, no sweat - they don;t overlap. I ran both events last year in my black 05 (and got runner up in Street Ford at Bradenton)

but will most likely just be showing my car in the shows this year.

http://www.funfordevents.com/index.p...=2006_Schedule
Here's a link to the FFW schedule - I don't believe they have pricing up yet........

I was thinking if we can pull the 27th together - Race Rock meet Sat morn from 9:30 or 10 to noon, then back west to Tampa and your place for BBQ and hanging out (and terrorizing your neighbors )

Thanks for the info..so far the 27th sounds good to me.let me know who signs up
Old 1/20/07, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey all!
I'm not sure what my plans are yet for next Sat, the 27th, but I think I may be able to make it.
Once the details are set, let me know.
Old 1/22/07, 05:45 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by jt14894
Hey all!
I'm not sure what my plans are yet for next Sat, the 27th, but I think I may be able to make it.
Once the details are set, let me know.
JT,No one has contacted me so I think I'm gonna make other plans.Sorry. i Want to get a group together like we had atthe MOSI show
Old 1/22/07, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry, Perry and I are unable to get the time off
Old 1/22/07, 08:59 PM
Big Falken Tires

Chuck!
Yeah seems circumstance is conspiring against us - Dave dropped - Perry and Jackie had to drop... now looks like I have family coming into town and have to pass.....

I agree with you though - the BEST way to do it is to get a crew together like we had at MOSI - lets try for next month - I'm gonna see if we can work a date that is good for most and take it from there.... it'll happen (and will be a hell of a photo op with all the ponies together) we just gotta keep working it.

Right now, I know pretty much for sure though that I will be at FFW in March to do the car show. Dave is iffy but Perry and Jackie are a lock - so can we count on ya for hanging at the burnout contest that first night?
Old 1/22/07, 09:10 PM
GTR Member

Chuck!
Yeah seems circumstance is conspiring against us - Dave dropped - Perry and Jackie had to drop... now looks like I have family coming into town and have to pass.....

I agree with you though - the BEST way to do it is to get a crew together like we had at MOSI - lets try for next month - I'm gonna see if we can work a date that is good for most and take it from there.... it'll happen (and will be a hell of a photo op with all the ponies together) we just gotta keep working it.

Right now, I know pretty much for sure though that I will be at FFW in March to do the car show. Dave is iffy but Perry and Jackie are a lock - so can we count on ya for hanging at the burnout contest that first night?
yeah I wanna get in the car show.have you registered yet?

by the way ,just started talking to the guy you sold the c&l intake to..He lives right across the street from me Small freakin world...He'll be part of our group meetings now He's gonna help me paint my cams
Old 1/23/07, 04:52 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JT,No one has contacted me so I think I'm gonna make other plans.Sorry. i Want to get a group together like we had atthe MOSI show

No problemo! Keep me informed of anything coming up and I'll check my schedule.
Old 1/23/07, 07:13 PM
Big Falken Tires

yeah I wanna get in the car show.have you registered yet?

by the way ,just started talking to the guy you sold the c&l intake to..He lives right across the street from me Small freakin world...He'll be part of our group meetings now He's gonna help me paint my cams
You gotta be kidding me - small world is right!
Nope haven't registered for the show - I competed last year so I didn;t do the show - I'll ask Dave about whether we should pre register or not
Old 1/23/07, 07:27 PM
GTR Member

You gotta be kidding me - small world is right!
Nope haven't registered for the show - I competed last year so I didn;t do the show - I'll ask Dave about whether we should pre register or not
Let me know cuz I don't want to miss it!!

Quick Reply: Tampa Cookout