Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

TAC Performance Driving School - March 24-26th

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/06 | 09:28 AM
The Man... keeping you down.

Talking

Twickenham Auto Club is hosting their annual Performance Driving school starting Friday March 24th and ending on March 26th. If you've ever wanted to safely take your car to the edge and learn something about driving hard, this event is for you! Chief Instructor is a three time National Champion with other varying experienced instructors thrown in. This is a popular (and limited) event so you must sign up as soon as registration opens or you will miss out!

Event Location: Joe Davis Stadium / John Hunt Park - Huntsville, AL

Event Flyer: Click here.

Event Cost: $35 for the entire weekend! Click Here to Register

What can I drive? Any vehicle with a low center of gravity. (Note: A Lightning is eligible, but all other trucks and SUV's are discouraged) Just make sure its in good mechanical condition and has a functioning battery hold down! Two driver cars welcome, but no more than two.

What do I bring? This is just recommended, you may want to add or leave out items. Remember you will be out in the weather so plan accordingly
  • Drivers License
  • Parental Consent form for anyone under 19 years old
  • Rain Gear
  • Tire Guage
  • Sun Block
  • Shade
  • Chair
  • Drinks
  • Driving or Soft Soled shoes. (Running Shoes)
  • Optional: SA2000/2005 or M2000/2005 Rated Helmet
Itinerary

Friday Evening: Classroom instruction. You can skip this if you are traveling from out of town.

Saturday: One on One Instruction utilizing different features that will test you and your cars ability. Features include Slaloms, Emergency Lane Changing and Braking, 180's, Car Placement in relation to the Racing Line, Car Control, and Getting to Know your Car.

Sunday: Race Day. Now you get to take all that knowledge and apply it in a closed course against the clock and other competitors. Think you're fast? Prove it today!

Click Here to Register

I'll be there in the Cobra on Saturday, but on Sunday I'll be the idiot going way to fast in a go-kart. Stop in and say hi and let me know you say this post on The Mustang Source. If you have any questions you can ask here, via PM, or give Dennis Sparks a call. His number is on the flyer. See you there!