Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Steeda Stampede/Moroso Power Festival

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/05, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just made hotel reservations near the track. I'll be heading to Cape Coral on Friday night the 7th to stay with family, then get up bright and early to head east to the Steeda Stampede, hopefully with 05GT-O.C.D., then on to Moroso. I've been wanting to go to this thing for the past 5 years and am finally getting to do it. Anyone else going?
Old 9/23/05, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm there all day for Sat's events. Esp the bikini contest.
And of course to see some cool cars and race.
Old 9/23/05, 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Is there anything cool hapenning on Saturday night? I know for the NMRA and FFW events in Bradenton and Orlando, Hooters hosts a party and it's burnout city for a solid 2hrs
Old 9/23/05, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know, I usually head home. It makes for a long day, Steeda, Moroso, racing, girls in bikini's, all day in the hot sun.
Old 9/27/05, 12:23 PM
I lust for a M24

:ranting: darn! I just dropped my GT in Ohio since I'm moving there Oct 14th! Bikini contest! :ranting: And to think, I would've gotten to see Dave (MTAS) in a Speedo! :ranting:

Old 9/27/05, 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Angry

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@September 27, 2005, 2:26 PM
:ranting: darn! I just dropped my GT in Ohio since I'm moving there Oct 14th! Bikini contest! :ranting: And to think, I would've gotten to see Dave (MTAS) in a Speedo! :ranting:

Oh man, that's seriously F'd UP!
Old 9/28/05, 11:08 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MTAS@September 27, 2005, 1:26 PM
Oh man, that's seriously F'd UP!

Dave!!
Hey man - I have tried responding to your PM twice and keep having problems!!

I hunted up the text of it (edited down):

What the heck is that new avatar?? Is that band??

Man that’s great about Moroso – I don’t think you saw John’s post in a recent thread and that he’s moving to Ohio! His prep time for the move kills the chance to go to Power Festival. I just mentioned something to Perry in a thread but haven’t heard anything – I gotta drop him a PM. darn I have been SO busy lately and away from my place even on a lot of weekends, I am so behind on emails and PMs….. its crazy……

Been wanting to mention to you personally how cool it was too hook up with you guys in Orlando. The thing with these cars is so cool – its like this brotherhood thing of common interest.

As far as the Stampede goes, for right now I am not planning on it. I will probably be at the track early Sat morning (or even Friday night as my brother is bringing the whole motorhome/trailer set up for his car and will probably go and set up early). I am hoping to get some early time runs in as soon as they open the strip late that morning…..

Where’s your hotel at? You need directions or a guide or anything just lemme know!! If you need anything man, just give me a heads up.
Old 9/28/05, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Burke0011@September 28, 2005, 1:11 PM
Dave!!
Hey man - I have tried responding to your PM twice and keep having problems!!

I hunted up the text of it (edited down):

What the heck is that new avatar?? Is that band??

Man that’s great about Moroso – I don’t think you saw John’s post in a recent thread and that he’s moving to Ohio! His prep time for the move kills the chance to go to Power Festival. I just mentioned something to Perry in a thread but haven’t heard anything – I gotta drop him a PM. darn I have been SO busy lately and away from my place even on a lot of weekends, I am so behind on emails and PMs….. its crazy……

Been wanting to mention to you personally how cool it was too hook up with you guys in Orlando. The thing with these cars is so cool – its like this brotherhood thing of common interest.

As far as the Stampede goes, for right now I am not planning on it. I will probably be at the track early Sat morning (or even Friday night as my brother is bringing the whole motorhome/trailer set up for his car and will probably go and set up early). I am hoping to get some early time runs in as soon as they open the strip late that morning…..

Where’s your hotel at? You need directions or a guide or anything just lemme know!! If you need anything man, just give me a heads up.
That's the album cover for Uriah Heep's "Abominog"

No sweat man, it's all good Yeah I called John the other day and he dropped the bomb on me. But hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta go so I wish them much success on the move and their life in OH. He was driving the Stang just north of Gainesville on the way to Ohio. Any way, Perry won't be making this event - I talked to him the other day. My hotel is like 3 miles from the track, the name escapes me. I will definitely give you a call when we get to the track. Are you racing the DKII or putting it in the show? I'll be in the show and looking forward to any off-track festivities that night
Old 9/30/05, 01:01 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by MTAS@September 28, 2005, 2:57 PM
That's the album cover for Uriah Heep's "Abominog"

No sweat man, it's all good Yeah I called John the other day and he dropped the bomb on me. But hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta go so I wish them much success on the move and their life in OH. He was driving the Stang just north of Gainesville on the way to Ohio. Any way, Perry won't be making this event - I talked to him the other day. My hotel is like 3 miles from the track, the name escapes me. I will definitely give you a call when we get to the track. Are you racing the DKII or putting it in the show? I'll be in the show and looking forward to any off-track festivities that night
Too bad about Perry - would have been nice for them to make it down!!
I told him though that I should be headed UP for that show in Silver Springs in Feb I think it is..... you should see if you can make that. Oh and my displaced New Orleans buddy just relocated TO Tampa! So I shoudl be in that neighborhodd a bit more often!

I think I am actually going to do the Steeda Stampede now Sat morning (maybe crusing in the the Black Mustang Club members) - did you say you were going to hit this??
Old 10/2/05, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Burke0011@September 30, 2005, 3:04 PM
Too bad about Perry - would have been nice for them to make it down!!
I told him though that I should be headed UP for that show in Silver Springs in Feb I think it is..... you should see if you can make that. Oh and my displaced New Orleans buddy just relocated TO Tampa! So I shoudl be in that neighborhodd a bit more often!

I think I am actually going to do the Steeda Stampede now Sat morning (maybe crusing in the the Black Mustang Club members) - did you say you were going to hit this??
The Silver Springs show is the second weekend in January, and my pre-registration just showed up the other day
Yeah I'm pre-registered for the Stampede and just printed out the directions from Cape Coral. Should be getting to Pompano by 10am.
I'll hit you up on the cell when we get to Steeda unless I see you when we're there. If that makes any sense
Old 10/6/05, 07:37 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by MTAS@October 2, 2005, 12:37 PM
The Silver Springs show is the second weekend in January, and my pre-registration just showed up the other day
Yeah I'm pre-registered for the Stampede and just printed out the directions from Cape Coral. Should be getting to Pompano by 10am.
I'll hit you up on the cell when we get to Steeda unless I see you when we're there. If that makes any sense
Geez for SOME reason I cannot send you Pms!!
So time to cut and paste into a post again...

Anyway:

What’s up man? So you are leaving Sat morn from Cape Coral?.... You are bringing the wife right? Or are you flying solo?

I am worried about the weather. I get the feeling that it is going to rain Sat afternoon which would SUCK….. and I am still not sure what I want to do Sat morn: my brother and sister in law will be up there Friday night (Moroso) with his car trailered and the motorhome – so the track opens for time runs at 11 am Sat morn supposedly – I can meet them early Sat morn and get some time runs in before the place really fills up and or the rain hits (I really want to get some more time runs in with my car) – OR do the Stampede and risk getting there and having it rain.

Not sure how they are going to run the show and shine if you plan on running your car as well. (if you are parked there and leave to run, will your space still be there?.... are you planning on running your slick grey machine?). Regardless of the weather, I am going to do some cleanup on the car between today and tomorrow after work…. Car can’t ever be too clean right?

Regardless, if things hold together for the weekend, I will be crashing at the track with my brother so we’ll all be hanging out! (I will probably throw some brew in a cooler for sat night – what do you drink man?) Having an AC-ed motorhome at the track is sweet, lemme tell ya.

If things totally get rained out, like I said – I don’t live TOO far from the track and we can hang out if ya want (don’t want your trip to be a total wash – no pun intended!).

At the Ft Lauderdale Mustang club meeting last night, they talked about the Silver Springs show - I am definitely coming up for that man! That’s real close to Perry right?

I also think I am taking Wed Nov 16th off as it is the Ford Innovation Drive at Homestead racetrack in Miami. Get to show off my ride AND drive new 06 models. (woo-hoo!)

Anyway, drop me a line back if ya can bro – you still got my cell right?

Looking forward to hanging out again man!

Dave