Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Speed Shop in B'ham opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/06, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a friend of my husbands is researching into building or putting a speed shop with a full service dyno in it. he will also specialize in road racing, drag racing, car customizing ect ect. He will cater to most any car. Do you B'ham folks believe this would be a good thing? Im from florence and have spent the past 4 weeks in B'ham due to my mother having a kidney transplant. We are doing the research on WHAT people want to see in this shop. Items in stock? Just viewable items that can be ordered>? ... any feed back would be VERY VERY appreciative! This wont be no nickle and dime thrown together shop...its going to be full blown btw. Thanks
Holly
Old 4/18/06, 07:54 AM

I think it would be a great idea to have a full service shop in B'ham. There is a good shop in Pelham (about 16mi south of b'ham), but they don't have a dyno. As far as items to stock...it doesn't matter to me as long as you can compete with internet pricing.

By the way I'll be praying for your Mom. My mother had a liver transplant 11 years ago and now has dyolisys for failing kidneys, so I fully understand.
Old 4/19/06, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Speedsouth is the only good speed shop in the area and I think they just got a Dyno. Most of the "Stangers" go to Walker Dyno Tune in Trussville for their dyno tuning (that is where Doug from Bama Chips does his magic). There is also a Dyno in Cullman and Jasper, so as far as Dyno's go I think there are plenty in the area. What I would love to see is someone like SVO Paul in Odenville that knows Late Model Mustangs and doesn't charge an arm and a leg for labor.
Old 4/20/06, 05:38 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I would prefer a mustang "toy" shop.
Where you can get appearance mods.

I know I know, I am like the only TMS member who who wants appearance but still......

When I get the $$ for my louvers and new grille I want instant gratification. Not to have to wait for UPS to show up.