Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/06, 05:47 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando

Can someone in that area give me a good idea about Mustang insurance(Here I pay $115 per mustang per month), Florida vehicle registration costs(Here mine is $160 and Brians is $185 a year), The current cost of gas(its $2.02 here). Anything that is going to cost me more, I wanna know about it. Also- Drivers Licenses- do you have to take the whole test over to transfer your license?
Thanks. We got a transfer to Orlando and I haven't lived there in 10 years even though I go way too much.
Email or Pm me if you wish.

I have my area nailed down- our office is off I drive at Grand National- so I am looking in that area(plus I hear Dr. Phillips was the best school in Orlando for my kids).

Plus- Mustang Clubs and get togethers that go on in the Orlando Area.
Thanks in advance!
Old 11/10/06, 06:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm in Tampa and pay $140/month for insurance on my '05 and an '01 Escape, registration is less than $50/year. No vehicle inspections either. Gas right now (for the Tampa area) is right around $2.12 for 87 octane. You shouldn't have to take the whole test for a driver's licence, at least I didn't when I moved from MO to FL, but that was 11 years ago. However, have fun with home owner's insurance It's not pretty. I'll put it this way - our house was built in 1999 and we pay roughly $1200/year for HOI. Our daughter and her husband have a house that's 1 year old, significantly smaller and on a lot that's a whole bunch smaller than our's, and their HOI is about $4400/year. Nice eh?
Old 11/10/06, 07:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Precisely why I am leasing a condo.......
Old 1/7/07, 10:43 PM

Dr. Phillips and Olympia are both great schools. I would stay away from West Orange...trust me, I went there.

I pay $142/mo for my 06 GT. But being a 23 y/o male does not help that!
Old 1/8/07, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

I have my insurance through USAA so I am no help. But it varies greatly by zip. One number can make a huge difference. Dr. Philips is very nice but kind of out there. Try Avalon Park, Baldwin Park, Thornton Park, and Waterford Lakes. All good schools as well. As far as clubs are concerned, I run a local one called Perfection Performance. Check us and the forums out at www.perfectionperformance.com . Also mid-florida mustang club is a club we do a lot of events with. UCF stang it would be good to meet up with you sometime. I work at fairwinds right behind UCF. Going to school for engineering as well. I think I have seen your car before. I have a redfire 06 I got in may, but before that I had an 03 mach.

Roger
Old 1/8/07, 02:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have to stay in Universal/Dr. Phillips/windermere area for both the office and pleasure and commuting purposes(I really would like to see my husband sometimes!). All the fancy areas(baldwin etc) are way out there for us- screw commuting far. I useto would have died to live in metrowest off Kirkman, but thats turned into the ghetto in the 10 years since I lived there last.
I found the perfect place(s) this week in the area we were looking in. Not gonna give them out because I am learning from past mistakes, but the price and location are perfecto. Just gotta get in one of them asap! Everything I am looking forward to. (plus lotto,citywalk,amusements because there are none in alabama,and getting to see my husband!!)

The only issue I have is windermere doesn't have school buses- and even though my car is yellow it wasn't meant to be one. GRR! And I freaking love windermere too!
Old 1/8/07, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

Its a beautiful area, just be careful of a lake the recently had in the news. I don't know the exact location but it was on the local news because there was stinky stuff (use your imagination) being pumped into it. I look forward to meeting you. I know Dan is as well. Let me know when you get down here, we can have a beer or something.

Roger
Old 1/16/07, 05:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Thanks guys. I just spent a lovely week in Orlando house hunting(and going to Gatorland, WOW It hurts to see the gator mouth scorched)

I found the perfect condo down there, Hubby hated it. Then he took me to the perfect house Saturday. It even has a palm tree, and is in the Windermere area(Windermere proper sucks It turns out, and I wound up in Isleworth- Jeez at the mansions!). Bonus- it has a palm tree in the yard. Double bonus- my kids get to go to Dr. Phillips now!! Triple bonus- its five minutes from Citywalk and Universal! I am back home to pack now.

WOW at the amount of mustang rentals down there, like 90% of them! People must love mustangs in Orlando! I did see some normal ones though- Mine was the yellow one zipping everywhere, I must have logged 200 miles house hunting.

WTF is up with Winghouse? Its Hooters in Black and their wings suck(ew, Honey flavored hot sauce GROSS!). I am surprised Hooters hasn't shut em down yet!
Old 1/17/07, 04:48 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

See Y'all Next week!
VIVA WARM WEATHER!
Old 1/18/07, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats. Can't wait to meet you in person. And you are absolutely right on winghouse. They were sued by hooters and lost. That happened last year. I think winghouse has hotter waitresses
Old 1/18/07, 02:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Too bad Winghouse's Wings suck Honey flavored hot wings-That was GROSS. Hated em! Since I am a girl, I give a flip less about whether the waitesses are hot. Already told my hubby he can eat at winghouse every day, but if I am with him we are going to Hooters where I can have good wings and he can get his eyes full.

I can't flipping wait to get down there. I will be down Wednesday and moving in Thursday(and figure out the schools thing,enrollment is MUCH different there). Right now I am packing my house up for the movers to get here Tuesday. Freaking Exhausted I am!

I freaking LOVE Carmelas on Kirkman- I ate there every other night when I was down last week. DELICIOUS! Course I had to make an appearance at Margaritaville also though. I guess when I get down the magic is going to wear off from the places I currently love.
Old 1/18/07, 03:20 PM
Cobra Member

It will but there is always something to do. I have a few good restaurants if you would like some suggestions. If your up to it we have a small show coming up on the 27th on this side of town.

Roger
Old 1/18/07, 06:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Won't be making a 27th show- I will be busy setting up house. We likely won't emerge until FFW.

I have my nice list so far:
From being there so much, I adore Margaritaville. I have fallen in love with Carmelas. I know where Hooters and Logans are. I explored the Millenia Mall and hated it, then found the Florida mall which we loved. Extra bonus- my beloved 7-11 is back in my life. And I know my way to about 8 Targets.

I do need a Buffalo Wild Wings,Red Lobster and Chilis NOT on I drive but close to Universal.
Old 1/19/07, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

Here are some suggestions:

Great Pizza New York Style: Good Fellahs pizza on colonial drive.

Great Italian: Il Piscatore by the fashion square mall.

As far as the others are concerned run a mapquest close to your new address or search on switchboard .com for that business near your zip.
Old 1/19/07, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

you should also try the ale house. the loaded fries, and zingers are awesome. they have a few of them scattered about.
Old 1/19/07, 02:49 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by firestang
you should also try the ale house. the loaded fries, and zingers are awesome. they have a few of them scattered about.
Yea hubby loves it- but the one he always goes to(Kirkman @ Universal) Doesn't seem to be there anymore- where is another one?
Old 1/20/07, 01:33 PM
Cobra Member

We have everything here on the east side. Don't know too much about your area
Old 1/20/07, 02:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am on the south west side behind Universal-Bay Hill/Windermere area.......Over here in Tourist Town. So we have everything- but its smack dab in the middle of the touristy side of town. Means everything is overloaded. Gotta find some local spots.

One place I looked at was across 4 from Race Rock- No thank you.
Old 1/21/07, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

the wife and i actually ate at the kirkman, universal one last night. we also went by race rock for desert, and they were closed for a private party. ended up getting desert at olive garden
Old 1/21/07, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

race rock was fun when they let the 8-second cars do burnouts in the street after the show. Orange County cracked the wip though and now they can't do it anymore

Quick Reply: Orlando