Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

kh765 Information Kyle Hughes

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/08, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kh765 Information Kyle Hughes

I have been asked by Kyle's sister to make thread on this website to update you all on Kyle's condition. I am Patrick, Kyle's roommate, I haven't posted a whole lot on these forums but I have met a few of you in person, most of which are probably concerned about Kyle.

Kyle is in Tampa Regional Hospital in the Neuroscience ICU in a stable condition. He and Jeremy Smith (Norton) recently installed a new sway bar in Kyle's beautiful mustang. At 7 o'clock on Saturday he was testing out the new sway bar on Durant Rd. on the S-curve near Turkey Creek. He somehow lost control (we dont know if it was due to the sway bar) and wrecked into another vehicle. He was driving safe, going the speed limit (kyle is a responsible driver). Jeremy Smith was killed on impact and Kyle suffered sever head trauma, fractured vertebrae, and a fractured pelvis. Obviously the head trauma is the biggest issue and theyre trying to keep the swelling down. The hardest part is these next 7-10 days when his head is swelling but once they get past that he will be on the road to recovery. Currently he is on heavy sedatives and is not breathing for himself. Kyle is a trooper and he will most definitely recover.

As for updates on his condition, I will periodically update this thread. Kyle's sister is working on a carepage and she told me to post her number here: (813) 967-1882 Also my phone number is (813) 245-1781 Once the carepage is up, I will post the URL here. Please keep Kyle, Jeremy, and their families in your prayers. God Bless!

-Patrick
Old 6/17/08, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey man thank you for the update and yes we are very concerned for Kyle.
I believe we have met you a few times at some of the shows that Kyle attended.

Perry & Jackie
Old 6/17/08, 10:32 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
thanks for the update, you all are in my prayers
Old 6/20/08, 01:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Support our Little Gator. Update your Avatar.
Old 6/23/08, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am bewildered. I have the duty of proving you the announcement below, just released by Kyles Family

June 23, 2008 at 06:12 PM EDT
Thank you for all of your prayers and support during the last several days. We are now asking for a different kind of prayers as Kyle's family and friends deal with the loss of a loved one. The fluid around Kyle's lungs caused respiratory problems and his brain wasn't receiving blood and oxygen. There was nothing more the doctors and nurses could do for him to sustain quality of life. The heartwrenching decision was made to stop the life support and donate his organs to help save the lives of others. We know this is what Kyle would have wanted. We ask that you pray for our family and for the families of those who will receive the gift of life from Kyle. Please remember all of us in your prayers in the coming days as these will be some of the most difficult days we have faced. We know that Kyle is in a much better place and he is whole again. We also go on with the assurance that we will see him again one day. Until then, please continue your prayers. We love you all.
Old 6/27/08, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Memorial Service was very uplifting for all of those that could attend. It is no wonder why we all took to Kyle. His family is amazing. I had the dismayed honor to talk in length with his Mom. The whole Hughes family, was just like "our" Kyle.

I will miss him, but will never be able to forget him, or his family. This Ol'guy, me, learned alot today about life. Guess you are never to old to learn.
Old 6/27/08, 08:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Amen.