Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Good resturants?

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/06 | 09:10 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Then whats the one where all the cops are out directing? On 150 on the way to Logans. ??
Old 8/28/06 | 09:26 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Then whats the one where all the cops are out directing? On 150 on the way to Logans. ??
No you are thinking about Up The Creek, which uses the same drive as Applebee's.

TDS, the "ring rd" is Galleria Blvd. that circles the mall, I know cause thats what my business cards say

Along with the resturaunts he mentioned around it, you also have Philly Connection and Johnny Rockets behind CompUSA. They also just opened California Pizza Kitchen on the Blvd. In the Mall you have the typical huge food court, American Cafe, and Ruby Tuesdays.

I can name a few dozen other places in the hwy 31 area
Old 8/29/06 | 05:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I was thinking of that because its a place I wanna go and never have.

Backyard Burgers across from IHOP/Milos at Valleydale and 31, Waffle house next door to that. Jim and Nicks BBq, A crappy chinese buffett near best buy across from the mall, The Fish Market up 31 by the hummer dealer. Red Lobster WAY up 31 almost in Downtown...

Avoid Teds Montana cafe, thats buffalo meat, and yes I have eaten it and its gross.

Theres a Carrrabas on 280 near all the hotels in the Target Parking Lot..

Outback on 280 and I think theres one on 31, Shipleys donuts on Lorna- 150 crosses 31 and becomes Lorna. Hooters on 119 and Lakeshore drive and 280......

Theres all kinds of places in Patton Creek behind the mall....
Old 8/29/06 | 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

We'll be in town at the Mariott Thursday through Monday. Any plans for Friday night? We'll be going to the banquet Saturday night.

Also, I thought our room would have a pull-out sleeper sofa -- called and found out it doesn't (although it was listed under room amenities). Hotel is sold out. I have a King NS room and need a room with 2 Queen beds instead - or a King with the pull out sleeper sofa. Anyone want to trade? Otherwise it will either be a roll away bed or the floor for our son (21 year old). I know, he's 21 and he can sleep on the floor, but honestly, he does a heck of lot of work on my cars - and that is no way to treat free help.
Old 8/29/06 | 11:17 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I've tossed that idea around in my head of a small get together after the show.

What time is everyone gonna be leaving the show? If you are going to a place to eat, the closer to 5 on a friday evening you can get there, the shorter the wait. People tend to fill most places up pretty quick on fridays.
Old 8/29/06 | 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

I think we are going to try the Bahama Breeze and see what it is like. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Old 8/29/06 | 11:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

What Day? We are staying all day Friday, and can meet up Saturday also.

We could:
Take up the room at Carinos(mmmm sangrias)
Logan's also has a large room(mmmmm Steak)
Descend on Hooters for wings and Killians(mmmm 3 mile wings)
Old 8/29/06 | 11:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Scothew
I've tossed that idea around in my head of a small get together after the show.

What time is everyone gonna be leaving the show? If you are going to a place to eat, the closer to 5 on a friday evening you can get there, the shorter the wait. People tend to fill most places up pretty quick on fridays.
Leaving the show on which day? If it's Friday, then I'm really open to just about anything. Saturday I think Hatchman mentioned Outback.
Old 8/29/06 | 11:59 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Yeah I was referring to Friday.
Old 8/29/06 | 12:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

What all is over on 280 aside from the usual? I don't go over there much.

That seems to be where most are staying- but its only another 5 miles to Hoover from there.

Barring that- Anything in Hoover is cool.

Why outback? To eat all proper there it costs like a jillion dollars.
Old 8/29/06 | 12:36 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I gotta really find out whats going on with my wife friday after the show. Not sure what time she gets off work and also who is gonna be watching the baby.

Edit: So what time and place would you guys be wanting to go to Friday? The show ends at 6, but i'd probably bug out a bit early.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:18 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

So Bring em........

Inexpensive as how-Not McDonalds cheap I am guessing? Logans and Carinos cost the 4 of us around $40-$45 to eat there. And yes I keep harping on those two because I could happily live off one or both-and Both can accomodate large groups.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:31 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I was thinking something like Applebee's or O'Charleys. Logans would be good as well I suppose.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Applebees up 150 or Applebees on 119? I like that one too.
I think Ocharleys sucks.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:47 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Allright then, we need a headcount- Someone can call ahead and reserve a spot for a large party.

Its gonna be Friday Night then?

If Saturday night is outback I am gonna have to take a pass, I don't see fit to pay $18 for a $6 steak.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:48 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Well after thought, Im thinking more of Logans or O'charleys on 150.. reason being is very easy and accesible, you can hit the 459 from either direction leaving, plus it has plenty of parking and usually those are the last ones to get packed out on friday nights.

April, start a new thread about "friday night dinner" and find out a time/place. I'd rather it not be too late since im sure the sun will whip my **** after a long day outside and i still live an hour from there
Old 8/29/06 | 01:50 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by Scothew
Well after thought, Im thinking more of Logans or O'charleys on 150.. reason being is very easy and accesible, you can hit the 459 from either direction leaving, plus it has plenty of parking and usually those are the last ones to get packed out on friday nights.
Logans on 150 has that room on the side you can tote out for large parties too. PLUS the entire parking lot there outside of Logans we can comandeer for mustang parking(I despise parking in their lot even though I always do). PLUS it won't cost 8 fortunes to eat there. AND they have Logans teas and Onion petals and REAL blue cheese dressing.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:50 PM
GT Member

So the Bahama Breeze is a good place to go???? It is about a mile from our hotel according to the hotel website.....does everything get really crowded on Friday and Sat. nites?
Old 8/29/06 | 01:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by stangmomasc
So the Bahama Breeze is a good place to go???? It is about a mile from our hotel according to the hotel website.....does everything get really crowded on Friday and Sat. nites?
In Alabama 6-8 PM is primetime eating out. Expect to wait at most places 45 minutes to an hour. I have never been to Bahama Breeze.

OH- word to the wise to you- Joes Crab shack down by where you are staying sucks too. PLUS their on your feet and grab your seat thing embarasses me.
Old 8/29/06 | 01:59 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the info......and I don't think I'd like the "grab your seat" idea too much either......maybe the hotel has a good place to eat......thanks

Quick Reply: Good resturants?