Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/06, 10:57 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!

Okay folks - I lost a few names of some interested folks I had down, due to the old PMs from the precrash still being unavailable - but the MCA/TMS meet is closing in fast.

MTAS and I are organizing a caravan for Florida members who are driving up to Birmingham for the weekend. We plan on leaving from the Tampa/Orlando area EARLY in the A.M Thursday August 31st and arriving late afternoon/evening at the Marriot hotel.

I know for sure right now that Runfox is IN as well as Mustangshadow and his wife. There were a few other people who expressed interest a few months back - so now is the time to commit - its gonna be a fun drive up, no doubt.

Also - we are planning to use the Orlando Race Rock meet on Sat the 12th to go over some timing schedules for people there who are IN for the caravan.

So who from Florida is going and intersted in joining the cruise up??
Old 7/31/06, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll bring my laptop and see if I can snag a wi-fi signal. We'll plot out the meeting spots and get some times going.
Old 7/31/06, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you come through Montgomery, I might join up with yall there.
Old 7/31/06, 07:19 PM
Big Falken Tires

we might still swing west - stay tuned and I will let you know - there was a group coming from that direction we were going to try and hook up with.....
Old 7/31/06, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Check out the Great American Pony Drive route I posted over in the main thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...193#post709193
Old 8/1/06, 07:21 AM

you know I am in. Still not sure if I will be able to meet up with you guys at Race Rock in Orlando. Just hit me up with some times. I am all about getting an early start. The earlier we get there the faster I can wash my car LOL. And possibly dodge some love bugs in the process.
Old 8/1/06, 07:24 AM

p.s. I plan on hooking up with you guys in Ocala where 75 intersects 200.
Just throwing this out there if you guys are interested there is a Steak n Shake right there if you wanna meet up.
Old 8/1/06, 08:16 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by mustangshadow
p.s. I plan on hooking up with you guys in Ocala where 75 intersects 200.
Just throwing this out there if you guys are interested there is a Steak n Shake right there if you wanna meet up.
Whatevers easiest for you and Jackie, bro. We'll get it all mapped out and work out times.

[and yeah - I am all about washing the cars almost as soon as we get there!!]
Old 8/1/06, 08:19 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by StangNut
Check out the Great American Pony Drive route I posted over in the main thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...193#post709193
COOL Jason - thanks for the heads-up on that

And some of our cars might be on the History channel - sweet!
Old 8/1/06, 02:26 PM
Big Falken Tires

Okay - so far, a ROUGH idea about timing......

We look to be rolling in to Dothan 11am to Noon or thereabouts.

Not sure exactly when that would put us in MOntgomery but we are looking at arrival in Birmingham probably about 4pm-ish.....
Old 8/9/06, 11:16 AM
Big Falken Tires

BUMP!!

THREE WEEKS till the caravan to Birmingham - anyone else from Florida going????

Current schedule:
Thursday August 31st

Runfox and I depart Deltona at 4:20am

Meet up with MTAS at I-4/Turnpike interchange at 5:00am and head north

Approx 5:45/6:00am meet up with Mustangshadow and his wife in Ocala

Arrive in Dothan approx 11am

Proceed north through Montgomery and arrive Birmingham approx 4:00pm

Any folks traveling from or though Dothan or Montgomery around those times please post up here and maybe we can head up together.
Old 8/10/06, 03:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Dave (Burke0011) thanks for organizing the details so far. With my work schedlue I just cant make it to any of the meets you all have had. It all sounds great so far.

Reading through the love bug posts in the original thread almost makes think of putting one of those cheap bug screens on the front of Cherry for the trip. That would catch about 90% of the bugs.Then take it of when we arrive. Only problem is it will look crappy in any pictures we take enroute, Any thoughts on that Dave?, Perry? I guess if we use some of that repel stuff and wash them off when we get there , thats the best way to go. I know we will be snaping some pics along the way and at stops , so I dont want to have the one car that stands out with bug screen on it. Just thinking out loud here.

One more thought, I havnt heard anything about any way to identify ourselves yet. I think Ill get me a TMS shirt to wear at least. They come in every color so Ill be wearing a red one to match Cherry. I think it would be cool if we all wore one for the drive up anyway. But then I'm not saying we have to get carried away with all things Mustang either. We may end up looking like a bunch of Mustangaholics when we walk in to a resurant or something. I can see some waiter asking us as we all walk in, "so you all in some sort of Mustang club or someting?"

One more item. My son Daneil is training at camp Shelby Miss, to prepare to deploy to Iraq with his Army unit. He called and said he would be free for us to visit him labor day weekend, so my wife might ride along, and well look at a day we can drive there and visit him. Not sure of that yet, my wife and I have to look at the details to see if it will work out. Looks like about a 3 1/2 hr drive from Birmingham area so it could work out.
Old 8/10/06, 07:23 AM

I'm real worried about the love bugs also. Enough that I'm thinking about driving up that Thursday night even though I would love to meet up with you guys when you come through Dothan. I think the caravan would be a blast.

runfox:
I plan on using the spray-on bra for the trip. It comes off pretty easy though so the bugs might have it all knocked off by the time I get there.
Old 8/10/06, 10:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangNut
I'm real worried about the love bugs also. Enough that I'm thinking about driving up that Thursday night even though I would love to meet up with you guys when you come through Dothan. I think the caravan would be a blast.

runfox:
I plan on using the spray-on bra for the trip. It comes off pretty easy though so the bugs might have it all knocked off by the time I get there.
As much as I hate a bra on my car and my womanI hate love bugs even more - that's why my car will be sportin' a bra for the trip up and back

So come on man, join us!
Old 8/10/06, 08:54 PM

the only other thing I can think of is if the "Hate" bugs are out and we get an earlier start to the day on Thursday we should miss alot of them before noon time.
Old 8/10/06, 08:59 PM

ps I dont know bout you guys but I am getting pretty FREAKIN excited about this trip. I pray that the weather and bugs will cooperate.

PSS one other thing is that if you guys do decide to hook up with us at the Steak and Shake near 200 they are open 24 hours for early birds
Old 8/10/06, 09:10 PM
Big Falken Tires

ps I dont know bout you guys but I am getting pretty FREAKIN excited about this trip. I pray that the weather and bugs will cooperate.

PSS one other thing is that if you guys do decide to hook up with us at the Steak and Shake near 200 they are open 24 hours for early birds
dude I am STOKED about this!

I really think the cruise up is going to be a LOT of fun - I am meeting up with Runfox in Deltona this weekend and we are locking down where we are meeting up that thursday morning

Once again, really glad you and the wife can make it
Old 8/10/06, 09:58 PM

Leaving earlier is a good idea. The Hate Bugs really drop off once you get to Montgomery.
Old 8/11/06, 04:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Mmmm...chili & eggs
Old 8/12/06, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Update!!

Ok team FLA Mustangers, I ordered myself a red TMS t-shirrt for the trip. I think it would be cool if we all had one to wear, makes for easy identification. Unless anyone thinks we might look like a bunch of Mustang geeks, ????? Of course it's going to be sort of obvoiuse we are Mustang nuts as we pull up any where in our Mustang caravan!!

As for love bugs, I'm going to get some of that RejeX repellent also and since some of us will have bras on our cars I think I'll get one of those bug screens for mine. It will keep the bugs off and out of the radiator, and then when we get there we can take the bra's and stuff off and clean our cars. I was thinking we would take some pictures on the trip but I guess the best opportunity for pictures will be when we all are all parked together as a whole with all the other TMS group. I guess our cars arnt going to look vey good on the trip up untill we get there and clean them up.

Quick Reply: Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!