Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

All south TX, LA, MS, and AL people report here...

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/06 | 03:55 PM

Ian, I'm spreading the word out here, but many people are still tryingto get there lives back in order. So, I'm one of the lucky ones who'll be attending. My brother should have his GT by then as well, and he will be joining us.

P.S. My car should go to paint by the end of this week, got my fingers crossed.
Old 2/9/06 | 06:18 AM
FR500 Member

I know what you mean about being lucky. I consider myself pretty lucky too to. Not sure if you heard when I was trying to sell my car just after the storm. I was able to pull things together though and keep her. I wouldn't have been going to the meet myself. And glad to hear at least your brother will be making it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

And that's great to hear about your car. Funny that you should say that, my paint guy painted the inside of my new hood earlier this week and should be starting the top of the hood, the bumper and the fenders today. I'm getting off work early today to go over there and help him layout the stripes. We might end up getting our cars back at about the same time.
Old 2/9/06 | 09:48 PM

Glad to hear you're car's about done as well. We'll have to post some before and after pics as well. But back to the meet, which hotel did you book and for what dates? I want to get my room booked this weekend.
Old 2/10/06 | 08:02 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lc stang @ February 9, 2006, 10:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad to hear you're car's about done as well. We'll have to post some before and after pics as well. But back to the meet, which hotel did you book and for what dates? I want to get my room booked this weekend.
[/b][/quote]

We are staying at the Birmingham Marriott. It's right off hwy 280 and 459. Here is the website. Just mention the MCA show and you will get the standard room with Kingsize bed for $94 a night (saves you I think like $20 or so a night). We have all checked in for Thursday, August 31st (check-in time is 3pm, I believe) and then checking out Sunday morning. I'd try to book the room ASAP, just in case.
Old 2/10/06 | 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ian you should go get some dyno time with Doug since you will be right there.

I am doing that in march since I will be in his neck of the woods [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I really dont think I will be makeing this meet...maybe next year [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06 | 08:44 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 10, 2006, 9:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ian you should go get some dyno time with Doug since you will be right there.

I am doing that in march since I will be in his neck of the woods [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I really dont think I will be makeing this meet...maybe next year [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hey, that's a good idea. When you get some time, PM me with some info on where Doug is exactly in Alabama and what he charges for dyno time. Not sure if I'd need him to tweak my tune at all, but would like to at least get some dyno runs to see what I am working with.
Old 2/10/06 | 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 10, 2006, 9:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey, that's a good idea. When you get some time, PM me with some info on where Doug is exactly in Alabama and what he charges for dyno time. Not sure if I'd need him to tweak my tune at all, but would like to at least get some dyno runs to see what I am working with.
[/b][/quote]

He is in Birmingham I believe. He doesnt have his own dyno in the shop he uses one down the road from him. I think 60 for 3 pulls was what he told me...shoot him an email and ask he is nice to deal with. He said his tune is poretty much dead on but in 3 pulls he can get it fine tuned for maybe a little more power. I also want to see what the car is actualy putting down.
Old 2/10/06 | 09:24 AM
FR500 Member

Thanks for the info. I will definitely contact him before then. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06 | 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

No problem...im going around march 11th...ill let you know how it goes.
Old 2/10/06 | 05:22 PM

I'm just booked my room so I'm all set. Got the discounted rate, thanks for the info!
Old 2/10/06 | 07:28 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lc stang @ February 10, 2006, 6:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm just booked my room so I'm all set. Got the discounted rate, thanks for the info!
[/b][/quote]

Nice! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] This is gonna be a blast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06 | 07:06 AM
Big Falken Tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 10, 2006, 9:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] This is gonna be a blast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbob.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/beer.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06 | 07:03 AM
FR500 Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bump.gif[/img]

...just wanted to bump this back to the top to possibly get some more people from this area interested in the big meet. It's only 6 months away now, and it's going to be pretty packed in Birmingham that weekend I'm sure, so those who do want to go are going to need to start making plans by getting a hotel room. If anyone is interested who hasn't contacted me yet, just send me a PM and I'll give you the info. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

And Cedric... how's your car coming? I am going to the shop to see my car today. I may actually be able to take it home. If not, it would be because the airbag light isn't going off after they reinstall the bag (doing that today) and it will need to go to the dealer. But even if that happens, I may get it back tomorrow... or early next week at the latest. What's going on with yours?
Old 3/2/06 | 05:06 PM

What's up Ian. I actually went to the shop today. The left 1/4, lt door and fender are all painted...the shop did a great job. Yhet were actaully putting the interior back to together when I was there. The hood and spoiler were both off the car, and Duane was about to take the cutting wheel to the hood for the scoop, but I couldn't watch that. I'm Cleveland all next week, but I'll be picking her up next Thursday. I'll be dropping off my fr500's and chin spoiler off Monday morning before I go to the airport. It's gonna look completely different when I get it back. Be sure to post pics of yours as soon as you get it back. My brother's got to get some pics posted of his too, that dark IUP looks awesome.
Old 3/3/06 | 07:25 AM
FR500 Member

Sounds good, Ced. Can't wait to see your car when it's all done. Nice choice on the wheels too.

I went to the shop yesterday and all they had to do was install the airbag... but once they took it apart they found a small part inside that had burned/melted when it had deployed. So, they need to order that. The part should be there Monday morning and hopefully I can get the car then... but who knows. The way my car is going, something else may come up. The guy working on my car said that sometimes the airbag light doesn't just go off after reinstalling the bag. In which case it will need to be sent to the dealership to see what's up. But it's looking like we may get our cars the same week. We both sure have waited long enough.
Old 3/4/06 | 09:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm planning to drive down from Athens to B-Ham on I-65 South on Saturday!! I'm sure I'll see plenty of other Mustang Lovers making the trek! Yes.....It's gonna be a blast!
Old 3/11/06 | 09:36 PM

What's up everyone. My name is Matt and this is my first post here. I am Ced's brother and I will be making the trip up to Birmingham. I actually just got back from Lake Charles helping Ced put some finishing touches on his Mustang and it is sweet.
06 Mustang GT, black, parchment interior, iup, shaker 500, and plenty of ideas just not enough extra money yet. First job is to find a Ford Racing (Borla) catback before the trip.
Old 3/13/06 | 08:20 AM
FR500 Member

How's it going, Matt? I met your brother a couple months ago when he came to my house to get my hood scoop. Will be looking forward to seeing both of you and your cars in August when we make the trip to the big meet. And welcome to the forums... you'll really like it here. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06 | 08:27 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Hey Ian, Doug is acctually northwest of Birmingham, about an hour, but the dyno we use is in the 'burbs of Birmingham (not to far from Barbers). http://www.walkerdynotune.com is who we use, and is also our dyno sponsor if PSH. E-mail Doug if you need to work something out [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06 | 08:57 AM
FR500 Member

Thanks, Scott. Doug actualy e-mailed me yesterday with a new XCal tune... and he said he may actually have a dyno there at the meet. Now that I am saving up for cams though (and may get them before the meet) I'd probably find a speed shop here in Louisiana to do the work and then just get tuned there. But if not, I'll keep Walker in mind. Looks like a good shop. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: All south TX, LA, MS, and AL people report here...