Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

All south TX, LA, MS, and AL people report here...

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06 | 12:19 PM
FR500 Member

I am starting a new thread here for all south Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama people who will be driving up to Birmingham for the big TMS meet Labor Day weekend to check in. The plan right now is to drive up Thursday morning and meet up with the Florida and Georgia guys in Montgomery, AL. We would meet up there in the early afternoon and get a bite to eat. Then, make the hour drive up to Birmingham in a big group. I will have more info about meeting places prior to Montgomery and the times we will be meeting. Any input though by anyone going is encouraged. And if there is anyone wanting to go to the show, and needing to know info about a hotel there... PM me for the info on the hotel that I, and others, are staying in. It would be a good idea to go ahead and book your room now.

So anyone who is going to the meet, and was planning on taking I-10 east and I-59 north up to Birmingham, let me know in this thread and we can start setting up details. Thanks!
Old 2/4/06 | 09:50 PM

Count me in. I'll be making the drive from Lake Charles, La
Old 2/5/06 | 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Keep me posted as your plans develop.
I live in Montgomery and can help set up a meeting/eating place as you head north.
Old 2/6/06 | 07:40 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I will join at Exit 231 on I 65 for the caravan........
Old 2/6/06 | 08:10 AM
FR500 Member

Ced, I'm thinking the best place for us LA and the TX guys to meet up would be where I-10/I-12 merge with I-59 which is around Slidell. Everyone coming from the south-west would be going through Slidell anyway. I'll be driving to Slidell one day this week to check on my car, which is at a shop over there. I'll find a good spot with a big lot right off the interstate for everyone to meet up at. Once I know the time we are supposed to all meet up in Montgomery, I'll figure out when we should leave Slidell. Yahoo Maps says it takes 5 hours to get from Slidell to Montgomery, but those times are usually a little on the slow side. If anyone has actually made that drive up I-65 and knows how long it should take, please let me know.

Ken, thanks for the help. Once I know more, I'll definitely be contacting you to see where the best meet-up place would be. That will definitely come in handy to have an insider.

April, good to know you'll be there too. We should have everything scheduled by the time of the meet so you'll know right when to jump in. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06 | 10:05 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Ian, my wife has made the trip from Biloxi (is that where you are going through) back to bham in 5.5 hours, with Mont. being about 1.25 hours south of bham.
Old 2/6/06 | 10:58 AM
FR500 Member

Scott, we would be going through Biloxi, right. Thanks for the time. Going by that, it looks like the trip from Slidell to Montgomery would be just about 5 hours. And seeing as though we'd be meeting up in Montgomery in the early afternoon (1-2pm), I don't think there will be too many Texans joining the caravan. The Houston guys would have to leave at like 3 or 4 in the morning to get to Slidell for 8-9am.

And Scott... could you do me a huge favor and fix my c/t when you get time? That is driving me nuts. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06 | 11:11 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

yeah i'll put the default since thats what you want.
Old 2/6/06 | 11:48 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scothew @ February 6, 2006, 12:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yeah i'll put the default since thats what you want.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks. My c/t was fine, but it wasn't working since the site update. Team Mustang Source is even better though. I guess after 3000 posts, I'm finally part of the team, eh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] Anybody got some kleenex? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06 | 11:51 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

The new software version didnt have the member title HTML hack we applied way long ago.
Old 2/6/06 | 06:46 PM

Ian, that sounds like a good plan. I agree that somewhere in Slidell wold be the best place to meet up. Either the second (Old Spanish Trail) or third (Gause Blvd) Slidell exits should have plenty of businesses w/ enough parking/room for us to wait for everyone. Those exits are only a few miles from the I-59 junction. It would take me about 3.5-4hrs to get there from Lake Charles. Good job getting this started now, it's gonna be a blast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06 | 09:41 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I'm not sure if I will be attending. I don't have a S-197, and am afraid people will make fun of me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Actually, I'm on the fence right now, because I may be in the process of moving during that period. I should know something more concrete by June.
Old 2/7/06 | 05:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Why be embarassed?
My car will probably be the only bone stock six in the whole show- I'm not scared [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06 | 06:38 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I may not even have a stang by then so hah! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stickpoke.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06 | 07:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

If I wasn't broke, I would help you along there..........

My alero has 3 wheels in the grave.
Old 2/7/06 | 08:26 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lc stang @ February 6, 2006, 7:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ian, that sounds like a good plan. I agree that somewhere in Slidell wold be the best place to meet up. Either the second (Old Spanish Trail) or third (Gause Blvd) Slidell exits should have plenty of businesses w/ enough parking/room for us to wait for everyone. Those exits are only a few miles from the I-59 junction. It would take me about 3.5-4hrs to get there from Lake Charles. Good job getting this started now, it's gonna be a blast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Ced... either of those exits sounds like a plan. I'll try to get something concrete soon. And do you know any other local TMS members going? The more, the merrier. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AFBLUE @ February 6, 2006, 10:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm not sure if I will be attending. I don't have a S-197, and am afraid people will make fun of me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Are you kidding?! Your blown blue '96 will fit right in, trust me. Heck, I'll trade cars with you for the meet if ya want. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scothew @ February 7, 2006, 7:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I may not even have a stang by then so hah! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stickpoke.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Scott, what's wrong with your '96?
Old 2/7/06 | 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

This sounds interesting but I dont know where this will land on the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor). I will be a daddy by that point for only a month. Im thinking the wife would no likey this idea [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06 | 08:45 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ February 7, 2006, 9:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This sounds interesting but I dont know where this will land on the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor). I will be a daddy by that point for only a month. Im thinking the wife would no likey this idea [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Bring the wifey and baby with you. It's never too early to get your kid into Mustangs. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06 | 07:07 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 7, 2006, 9:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scott, what's wrong with your '96?
[/b][/quote]

trying to buy a house. Its in the for sale section.
Old 2/8/06 | 07:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Scott-
Move over to Shelby County-

MOST if not all of the new developments here have we will do whatever it takes to get you in here specials.

Quick Reply: All south TX, LA, MS, and AL people report here...