Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

25th Annual Mustang, Shelby & Ford Roundup - Tampa, FL - October 14, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/06, 08:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got registration form...never did this before. do I mail check to Kevin Riley as well? What are the actual hours of the show? Do I mark street driven,modified,or in progress?? What body style do you put down?? Please forgive the rookie questions..Thanks Chuck
I'll meet at flea market ..no prob
Old 9/8/06, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
I've got registration form...never did this before. do I mail check to Kevin Riley as well? What are the actual hours of the show? Do I mark street driven,modified,or in progress?? What body style do you put down?? Please forgive the rookie questions..Thanks Chuck
I'll meet at flea market ..no prob
Chuck,

Fill out the bottom of the form and mail it with your check to Kevin Riley at the address given. As to class, use either Daily Driven or Modified - they're both judged the same way. Our judging is strictly based on fit, finish and cleanliness against a points scale. Late model cars rarely get any deductions!

The "in progress" category is for cars that are being restored but not yet complete. That way, if you can bring the car to the show, you can show off the work/progress you've done.

The show runs from 8:00 am to ~ 4:00 pm. Registration is 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Awards will be given out at 3:30 pm. If you pre-register, you'll be able to breeze right in and enjoy the show!

Thanks, Chris
Old 9/8/06, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Scothew
Added it to the calender for you guys.
Thank you!
Old 9/8/06, 09:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by kh765
Yeah I'm good with meeting up at Big Top. I'm just not entering my car into it so if you guys are all entering, I guess I'll just park elsewhere.
If you change your mind, you'll be able to register that morning between 8 and 10 am. If not, there's plenty of parking at MOSI outside the show field.
Old 9/8/06, 09:44 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ChrisM
Chuck,

Fill out the bottom of the form and mail it with your check to Kevin Riley at the address given. As to class, use either Daily Driven or Modified - they're both judged the same way. Our judging is strictly based on fit, finish and cleanliness against a points scale. Late model cars rarely get any deductions!

The "in progress" category is for cars that are being restored but not yet complete. That way, if you can bring the car to the show, you can show off the work/progress you've done.

The show runs from 8:00 am to ~ 4:00 pm. Registration is 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Awards will be given out at 3:30 pm. If you pre-register, you'll be able to breeze right in and enjoy the show!

Thanks, Chris
Thanks..any tshirts left if I send my check tomorrow??Also, do I need a sign or somethin??
Old 9/9/06, 08:11 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
How about we all meet at the Big Top Flea Martket on Fowler just off of I75? I75 North to the Fowler exit, make a right and the flea market is on the left side of the road. It's pretty big - can't miss it. As far as a time, I'm open for suggestions.
Sounds good to me. We'll have to start throwing out times. Do we want to pull into MOSI right at 8am?

Originally Posted by kh765
Is everyone entering the show? I would love to go to the show but I don't think I'm going to enter my baby. Still would like to meet up with you guys and all. Looking forward to it everyone!
I'm entering my '06 and my '89 (see sig for '89 pics). You should enter yours, too!
Old 9/9/06, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Sounds good, I'm in. I can't wait, can never have too many Stang shows. Meeting at the big top would be a good idea so we can all park together.
Old 9/9/06, 01:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Sounds good to me. We'll have to start throwing out times. Do we want to pull into MOSI right at 8am?

I'm entering my '06 and my '89 (see sig for '89 pics). You should enter yours, too!
I was thinking more along the lines of meeting at the Flea Market at 9, then head to MOSI by 915. It's only a bit down the road from the Flea Market.
Old 9/9/06, 03:52 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
I was thinking more along the lines of meeting at the Flea Market at 9, then head to MOSI by 915. It's only a bit down the road from the Flea Market.
Sounds good to me. But that'll be one less hour to clean... I have two cars to do!

J/K... 9am sounds fine at the Flea Market... gives me one extra hour to sleep!
Old 9/9/06, 04:57 PM
GTR Member

Pre registered form in the mail
can you experienced guys tell me what I need to do before hand and do I bring anything(sign or something?) I am totally new to this. Go easy on the virgin
Old 9/9/06, 05:41 PM
GTR Member

can you experienced guys tell me what I need to do before hand and do I bring anything(sign or something?) I am totally new to this. Go easy on the virgin
Bring your cleaning supplies and a lot of water to stay hydrated (oh, and some folding chairs). Some people have signs made up with their mods, but I don't do that. I like to talk about the cars and without signs, people ask more questions!

I'll clean both cars the night before so they'll still be pretty clean when we get there (1 1/2 hour drive for us). After we park, I'll pop the hoods and just start wiping stuff down using a detailer spray. I'll also clean the rims and tires good and put on the tire dressing.

I'm not sure how picky the judging will be?
Old 9/9/06, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Pre-regs are running well ahead of last year but we haven't hit 100 yet so you'll likely get the T-shirt! Incidentally, the same shirt will also be available to purchase for $10 in case you need another. Signs are totally optional.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I'm not sure how picky the judging will be?
Not terribly - we're there to have a good time, too. As I mentioned before, good workmanship on mods (fit and finish) and basic cleanliness are what the judges are looking for.

Also, we usually have pretty good turnout of parts vendors and cars for sale.
Old 9/9/06, 06:35 PM
GTR Member

Thanks Tom! I'm not expecting to win anything..just don't want to look foolish in some sort of way
Old 9/9/06, 08:03 PM
GTR Member

Not terribly - we're there to have a good time, too. As I mentioned before, good workmanship on mods (fit and finish) and basic cleanliness are what the judges are looking for.
Cool! Because as some of the guys on TMS know, I'm very picky about all my mods on the fit and finish.... and cleanliness.

But I'm just looking to have a great time and don't expect to win anything either... but ya never know!

Pre-regs are running well ahead of last year but we haven't hit 100 yet so you'll likely get the T-shirt! Incidentally, the same shirt will also be available to purchase for $10 in case you need another. Signs are totally optional.
I talked to you on the phone, Chris, about bringing both my cars... have to get my regs in soon. I'll mail them out on Monday!
Old 9/14/06, 05:38 AM
GTR Member

Only 1 month away!
Old 9/14/06, 06:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

I cant make it I have class all week and I have to work the weekend to make up for missed hours But **** I wanna go!
Old 9/15/06, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
I cant make it I have class all week and I have to work the weekend to make up for missed hours But **** I wanna go!
Guess I'll be the one calling in sick this time!
Old 9/16/06, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Dang, I'll be out of the country. I'll look forward to seeing some pics afterward, though.
Old 9/19/06, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll be at the Big Top at 09:00 ready to roll!
Old 9/19/06, 07:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LimeGT
I'll be at the Big Top at 09:00 ready to roll!
so has everyone agreed on 9:00 or what?

Quick Reply: 25th Annual Mustang, Shelby & Ford Roundup - Tampa, FL - October 14, 2006