Toys and Automobilia Mustang Toys, Automobilia, Memorabilia, and Video Games

Display Question

Old 2/23/12, 08:22 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Display Question

As a Mod on this site, and an OLD man, I have ammassed quite a few cars over my life time. Hotwheels from as early as the sixties, Original Johnny Lightnings, track kits etc.
My Wife has purchased a display case at an Store closing fixture sell, wants it used asap and get these %$#@ boxes out of the closet.

Do I need to open the blister packs? or leave cars in and "prop" the packs up?
Also , do they make clear plastic cases that hold cars in seperate compartment, some of my childhood ones that I actually played with need to be "preserved".

Thanks Guys

TDS
Old 2/23/12, 02:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think that depends on what you plan to do with the cars. If you value them, and plan to sell them, then leave them in the sealed, original package. If, on the other hand, you are like me, I don't plan to sell the few that I have, so I have them displayed without the original packaging, but I did keep the boxes, etc,...still in the closet
Old 2/23/12, 09:34 PM
GT Member

There are several companies on the internet that make quality display cases. One popular one is carneyplastics.com. There are also cases for displaying your diecast while still in the packages like, sfdisplay.com.
Old 2/23/12, 10:47 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Thank you Gents for the replys, I plan to keep the cars, so opening is no problem, however I can also keep the origanal packages - just have to find a place in the garage where the wife want have to see them.

Thanks

TDS