2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/10, 10:01 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have GOT to be kidding me!

Late last month my poor Mustang was involved in a hit and run. Some idiot with a trailer decided he wanted to back up and scrape my driver side quarter panel. Thanks a lot, jerk. So I file a claim and get it under a hit and run so my deductible is less. The insurance finally sends a check and I send the car to the body shop for repair. While it was there I had ALL the door dings on my driver side removed. A few years ago someone had keyed my driver side, but it was a minimal scratch so I did my best with some products to get it out and I only ever seemed to be the one to notice it. It killed me every time I saw it, so I had that fixed while it was at the body shop.

So I get the Mustang back last Monday. I'm happy, but it needs to go back for some issues. That's fine, I understand. Yesterday I was at Outback Steakhouse with the boyfriend and my brother. We were about to leave and I notice something...yup, its a nice dent in my FRESHLY painted driver side fender. Are you freaking serious?! I JUST got the car back and already it begins. Luckily, the person who did it was still parked next to me. So we go inside and ask for the owner of the Jeep Wrangler so we can talk to her. I tell her she hit my door and i'd like her insurance information. She states she'd rather wait for the cops to show, so I say okay. Normally it takes a while for a unit to show, so we wait outside. Some time passes and the woman along with her boyfriend/husband and what looks to be his grandmother come out. She wants to leave! So I keep asking for her insurance info and she refuses to give me any info. She then accuses me of wanting to commit insurance fraud because APPARENTLY its impossible to put your own hard earned money into it alone, and also the fact my stripes are painted on means I scammed someone else to get them! The older woman gets out and proceeds to ask what the issue is, looks at my car and says "its no big deal so I don't know why you're making it a big deal". She then proceeds to LEAN on my car and I politely ask her to get off of it, because its not hers. They end up leaving, but i've got pictures of the vehicle, the damage to mine and the markings from the ding on her door, which they magically couldn't see. I call the cops to cancel the unit and go directly to the station myself.

So i've got a police report, a case number and some pictures/video of these people absolutely refusing to give me any information. So we'll see what happens...

I'm really starting to get frustrated with all of this. If I can't have a nice car, my dream car without having to be paranoid about it, i'm not sure i'd like to have it at all.
Old 9/20/10, 10:28 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So does this get classified as a hit and run? Here the penalty is license suspension for that.
Old 9/20/10, 10:35 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That does suck. I'm really sorry. I park far away and I can barely enjoy my dinner because I'm so afraid of something like this happening.
Old 9/20/10, 11:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Sorry to hear about this , it really sucks ... On the bright side you've probably used up all your bad karma ...
Old 9/20/10, 12:02 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hit and runs can have jail time also. That lady needs to to get the max to understand what the hell she did and teach her a lesson.
Old 9/20/10, 12:03 PM
GT Member

I know what you mean. I park very crafty when the Mustang is out. My wife stopped complaining long ago about having to walk a longer distance than when we are in her, UGG! van. Anyway, people are stupid and do stuff like this. No big deal? Yea, right. They will never understand.

Keep after the cops to go after them. Good luck! I'm really sorry this happened. I sure hope your boyfriend understands.
Old 9/20/10, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, but are you 100% certain that the Wrangler was the one that hit you? I could imagine it might be hard to get anything done in this case since it could be tough to prove that it was that car and not a car that was parked there earlier.
Old 9/20/10, 01:07 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

The spot next to me was empty when I parked. There was a marking on the driver door of the Jeep At the exact height of where my dent was. When she opened the door to leave, she opened it enough to where if you lined up the two vehicles you could replicate it perfectly.

Only problem with finding this person is her plates were from Nevada and with the amount of dead bugs on her grille, it looked fresh from a long road trip. The officer I spoke to said it would be labeled under "Criminal Mischief".
Old 9/20/10, 01:19 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
So does this get classified as a hit and run? Here the penalty is license suspension for that.

And isn't it law that you have to provide information if your vehicle touches another??
Old 9/20/10, 01:30 PM
Cobra Member

Ugh ! Sorry for the misfortunes. People have no respect for others property anymore. Makes me sick! We spent our hard earned money on our cars and would like to have our cars look as nice as possible for as long as we can.
I hope you get what you can. your baby deserves it.
Old 9/20/10, 02:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
That sucks Antigini.. Some people are so inconsiderate of other people's property, just makes you want to slap them!

Like John said, you might have to start parking in BFE.
Old 9/20/10, 02:22 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear it Antigini. I’d be seriously pissed too. I always park as far away as possible but on the few occasions I’ve had no other choice but to park near other cars, I get really anxious about it. Luckily, even with it being my daily driver, it’s been 3 years and no door dings (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself!)
Old 9/20/10, 03:14 PM
GT Member

I'm sorry too. I park as far away from other cars as possible. Luckily, my knees can still take walking in to the store from the "North Forty." But sometimes I have no choice. I hope they find the buggers that did this to you and jack their insurance rates up their collective wazoos!
R/S
Fritz
Old 9/20/10, 04:38 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

call NV PD and make a hit and run report!
Old 9/20/10, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

If you have the tag number, any law enforcement officer can run it. They are prohibited to let you see the information but they could use it on thier report. Here in Georgia, it would be considered a private property accident only if both parties were on scene at the same time. If not, you would get an SR-13 form which you would file with your own insurance such as a deer hit. Different states have different laws concerning this type of stuff. I feel your pain, I know it sucks!!
Old 9/20/10, 10:32 PM
V6 Member

This modern day bull s__t, is really getting old. If you can, hang em out to dry.
Old 9/20/10, 10:39 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Wow, I am speechless. Sorry to hear about it. Let us know how it turns out, specially if you are going to get the insurance involved again.
Old 9/21/10, 12:14 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

I won't be getting MY insurance involved again. I made a claim just last month for that hit and run and got a blue report(CR-2). I don't want my insurance rate to go up or anything of the sort because I share a policy with my parents. I'm supposed to call the detective tomorrow to figure out what's going on.
Old 9/21/10, 12:30 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

just make sure you OWN them by the end of this GL
Old 9/21/10, 08:06 PM
GT Member

I think you need a shady attorney, and LOTS of "mental anguish".........yep, that's right, Colorado's a tort state......
Seriously, if the law doesn't follow up with this, legal action is what you need. If you've been with your insurance company for a while and on good terms with your agent, he might give you some advice on kicking the opposing insurance company where it hurts....providing you can find out who the dumb### was......

Quick Reply: You have GOT to be kidding me!