2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Xplans

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/04, 06:42 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are the details from the website:

Pricing

The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan price in the box labeled "X Plan"(not displayed for Jaguar and Land Rover, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda). You should also receive a complete and signed New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet showing each item and its price (form slightly different for Volvo and Mazda). This form is not provided for Jaguar or Land Rover vehicles. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. To view or print a copy of this form, click on the links found on the main page of "How it works" under "Forms".

The dealership may NOT charge separately for document preparation or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle. These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.

The dealership may charge any price negotiated between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet.
Note: Friends & Neighbors X-Plan customers may not accept items or services as an inducement or reward in connection with an "X Plan" sale or lease.

The customer is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, license and title fees.

The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. From time to time Ford Motor Company may offer incentives or rebates.

The dealership may require the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan customer to make a deposit when placing a vehicle order. Some or all of this deposit may be retained by the dealership if the customer declines to accept delivery of the product ordered. An agreement in writing should be reached with the dealership concerning the amount of the deposit and the conditions under which it may be retained by the dealership if the transaction is not completed.

Lease transactions may require a refundable security deposit. The security deposit is held until the end of the lease and is refunded, provided that the lease terms have been satisfied. The deposit is usually equal to one month's payment, rounded to the next $25/$50.
X-Plan Price Calculation:

Friends & Neighbors X-Plan pricing is a special pre-determined price, which is based on the following formulae:

Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Vehicles: Ford Employee (A-Plan) price plus 4%+ $150 ($250 for Lincoln).

Volvo Vehicles: Ford Employee (A-Plan) price plus 2%*.

Land Rover Vehicles: Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Regional Advertising Group fee and destination & delivery fee).

Jaguar Vehicles: Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Advertising Association Fee and destination & delivery fee).

Mazda vehicles: The S-Plan price is noted on the dealer's copy of the invoice.
* The X-Plan price is printed on the dealer's copy of the new vehicle invoice, which may be reviewed by the participant.

The dealer will show the customer a copy of the invoice to confirm pricing
Old 11/14/04, 06:44 PM
V6 Member

More details:
Are there any special conditions?

Friends & Neighbors X-Plan transactions are subject to the following conditions:

Vehicles may not be registered or titled in the name of a business.

Vehicles purchased or leased by eligible Friends & Neighbors X-Plan sponsored individuals count against the four vehicles which an employee, retiree or surviving spouse may purchase or lease under the X-Plan during any calendar year.

Vehicles leased under the Red Carpet Lease Option will be titled in the name of Ford Credit or as directed by Ford Credit, but must conform to the above registration requirements.

Vehicles must be retained in the customer's possession and registered as provided above for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.

The solicitation or acceptance of money, items of value or discounts off the New Vehicle Purchase Plan price as defined in this document from a dealership or anyone connected with or acting on behalf of the dealership in connection with the purchase or lease of a vehicle under the New Vehicle Purchase Plan, is contrary to the Plan's provisions and to Company policy and is prohibited.

Unless specifically approved and announced by the Company, incentives or rebates are not available to New Vehicle Purchase Plan customers.

Customers must do business with dealership employees at the dealership and may not use brokers or "bird dogs." If after ordering a vehicle under the terms of the New Vehicle Purchase Plan, the customer cannot take delivery from the designated dealership, the customer must promptly advise the proper dealership representative, and the customer must refrain from signing any dealership document indicating acceptance or delivery of the vehicle.

Note: In those instances where the Company determines that no legitimate reason exists for refusing delivery, the customer will be held responsible as outlined below under "What if a customer ignores the conditions?"

Purchase Plan participants are required to arbitrate warranty-related disputes via the Dispute Settlement Board process before initiating or proceeding with legal action. The Dispute Settlement Board (DSB) process is an independently administered, cost-free dispute settlement program available to owners or lessees of qualifying Ford Motor Company vehicles. Service or product performance complaints involving Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln cars, vans, sport utilities and light trucks, which are within the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, are eligible for DSB review. The Warranty Guide provided with all new Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles at delivery contains important information about customer assistance and the Dispute Settlement Board process. Failure to seek resolution of warranty-related disputes via the DSB process before initiating legal action may result in the suspension of Purchase Plan privileges as noted below.
What if a customer ignores the conditions?

The Company cannot ignore abuse of the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan. Plan abuse may cost the Company inappropriate dealer commission payments. Those unnecessary payments impact all Company employees because the payments detract from Company profits, which provide a basis for future product programs, capital expenditures and, of course, profit sharing.

The purchase, lease and disposal of vehicles under the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan are monitored regularly for abuse through a computerized system.

The privilege to participate may be withdrawn or suspended if the Company determines that the employee, retiree or surviving spouse has violated the provisions of the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan or Company policy. The employee, retiree or surviving spouse may be required to reimburse the Company for the full amount of the dealer commission paid. In addition, the employee may be subject to disciplinary action, including termination of employment.

Note: Even if the customer who violates these provisions is not a Company employee, the sponsoring employee, retiree or surviving spouse is responsible and subject to the above sanctions.
Old 11/15/04, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm feeling brain dead, I think I read something wrong. I was looking to answer 1 simple question.

If I qualify for Z plan, and want to buy a car that has incentives in place i.e. 04 stang, do I forfeit the incentives to get Z plan pricing, or can I still get a rebate?

I read the last post 4 times, and confused myself. lol

Thanks,
Old 11/15/04, 06:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by stock01gt@November 15, 2004, 5:46 PM
I'm feeling brain dead, I think I read something wrong. I was looking to answer 1 simple question.

If I qualify for Z plan, and want to buy a car that has incentives in place i.e. 04 stang, do I forfeit the incentives to get Z plan pricing, or can I still get a rebate?

I read the last post 4 times, and confused myself. lol

Thanks,
The plan sets the selling price. From that you are entitled to all general public rebates. You will be excluded from some private offers, such as AQHA and college grad rebate.

Hope this clarifies.
Old 11/16/04, 04:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool. Thanks Karpro. I thought that was what I was reading, but was getting caught up in the exclusion.

Looks like I may have to get an 04, and wait a couple of years on the S197. Some good deals to be had out there right now.
Old 11/18/04, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If my daughter's boyfriend works for a company that allows him access to an X-Plan, can he give it to me?

edit: Never mind, another minute of using the search gave me my answer: NO!