2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

x-plan what did your dealer ask for?

Old 6/7/05, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can generate a pin through the ford site, so that I don't have questions about. After reading the x-plan site it says you need your pin, and the dealer 'should' ask you for proof of employment at the partner company (it lists examples like: employee id, w-2, pay stub).

For everyone who has ordered using the x-plan, 05 owners, and people who have ordered 06's, what did your dealer ask for?

Did you just need a pin?
Did they ask for anything in addition when your car arrived?
Did they ask for any other proof other then a pin?

For those who just needed a pin, could you please let me know who you ordered from and where the dealer is located, either in this thread or via pm.

I just don't want to get my hopes up on using the x-plan and then find out I need more then a pin; ie a pay stub or employee id, because I seem to have lost all mine

Thanks
mike
Old 6/7/05, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Be careful. Technically Ford has the right to charge back for the savings if they find out that you "mistakenly" became eligible for x-plan.
Old 6/7/05, 05:35 PM

yipes. thanks for the info. I initially warmed up to the x-plan because I was told it could be used by friends of ford partner employees.

Karpro, I understand you are in NY and sell fords at invoice? I also understand you have recieved alot of orders for 06's. I certainly wouldn't mind making a trip up to NY to pick up a car (I'm in NJ). I noticed a few people on here who have made 06 orders with you say they don't expect to get their car until January. That sound about right? If I pm'd you some specs I am looking for in an 06 could you quote me a price?

I appreciate the reply,
Mike
Old 6/7/05, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Be happy to help, but there is no chance of a January delivery. With the amount of orders we currently have I think next spring/summer would be more realistic. If you can live with the wait, the price is obviously right.

Send me the specs if interested.

Paul
Old 6/7/05, 05:49 PM

quick note, so I don't sound like mr. shady. My x-plan affiliation is with American Quarter Horse Association. Which I now just found out offers $500 rebate.
Old 6/7/05, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

The AQHA gets the rebate and is NOT compatible with x-plan. You still have to negotiate a price and then you get the $500 after your negotiated price.
Old 6/7/05, 06:02 PM

thanks karpro for the info. you now have 3 pms lol
Old 6/7/05, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I got my '05 GT with X-Plan.....under my husband's company....He had to get the CO. plan ID # from Human Resources Dept, then I went to the Ford site and entered it, then I had to register my name and they issued me a PIN, which I took to the Ford dealership when I bought my car. Alabama dealership.
Old 6/8/05, 03:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

My friend that worked for Ford for over 30 years submitted my name and address. Then he called me back with the PIN. All I did was give the PIN to the dealership, and they didn't ask for anything else.

Originally posted by mikemac@June 7, 2005, 7:18 PM
I can generate a pin through the ford site, so that I don't have questions about. After reading the x-plan site it says you need your pin, and the dealer 'should' ask you for proof of employment at the partner company (it lists examples like: employee id, w-2, pay stub).

For everyone who has ordered using the x-plan, 05 owners, and people who have ordered 06's, what did your dealer ask for?

Did you just need a pin?
Did they ask for anything in addition when your car arrived?
Did they ask for any other proof other then a pin?

For those who just needed a pin, could you please let me know who you ordered from and where the dealer is located, either in this thread or via pm.

I just don't want to get my hopes up on using the x-plan and then find out I need more then a pin; ie a pay stub or employee id, because I seem to have lost all mine

Thanks
mike
Old 6/8/05, 05:54 AM
Cobra Member

got my pin . placed order , and finally got my car.........
Old 6/8/05, 06:17 AM

I bought mine w/ x-plan from lockheed martin... I got a PIN from HR and the salesman did the rest for me while i was there... i got the car at just about invoice, and also an xtra $500 discount for just graduating from college!! my 1st mustang purchasing/driving experience has been flawless!
Old 6/8/05, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

I got my PIN the day before I ordered.

On the day I took delivery they asked for my PIN and proof of employment so I gave them a copy of the PIN and showed a pay stub. That was it.
Old 6/8/05, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

just the pin was all they asked for from me

People can give out X-plan to friends which was my case. You, yourself don't have to be eligible for X-plan. If someone is and they are your "friend", you can use theirs.
Old 6/8/05, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by teddybear1255+June 7, 2005, 6:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(teddybear1255 @ June 7, 2005, 6:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got my '05 GT with X-Plan.....under my husband's company....He had to get the CO. plan ID # from Human Resources Dept, then I went to the Ford site and entered it, then I had to register my name and they issued me a PIN, which I took to the Ford dealership when I bought my car. Alabama dealership.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Dusty1
@June 8, 2005, 3:52 AM
My friend that worked for Ford for over 30 years submitted my name and address. Then he called me back with the PIN. All I did was give the PIN to the dealership, and they didn't ask for anything else.
[/quote]

Based on these two experiences, I am assuming that I should have no problem getting a car for X-plan price since my mom works for Delphi, right?
Old 6/8/05, 08:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my PIN the month before the car came in. Told the salesman I had a PIN. The car came in...when I got there, the finance guy had already gotten me another PIN. :S

No proof of anything was necessary for me.
Old 6/8/05, 08:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to show identification from your employer. You also need your company's partner code - ask your administrator they should have it. The partner code will be something like AMZ7. Once you know the code you have to call Ford USA directly and they will give you a PIN number. The PIN number is your authorization to be accepted as an X plan customer.
Old 6/8/05, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

My x-plan was through my wife's company. When I picked up the car, her name had to be on the loan papers to qualify. She also had to sign the waiver that we would not sell the car for at least 6 months. Other than a print-out that had the x-pin and her company's partner # on it, all they wanted was our DL#'s. Completely painless.
jeff
Old 6/8/05, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by mustp51@June 8, 2005, 10:29 AM
She also had to sign the waiver that we would not sell the car for at least 6 months.
Did the waiver state what would happen if you did sell it in under 6 months?

I didn't have that restriction.
Old 6/8/05, 11:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They wanted a business ID, paystub and a W2 form....
I didnt have it so they didnt use it.
Old 6/8/05, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by ThetaLogN@June 8, 2005, 7:20 AM
I bought mine w/ x-plan from lockheed martin... I got a PIN from HR and the salesman did the rest for me while i was there... i got the car at just about invoice, and also an xtra $500 discount for just graduating from college!! my 1st mustang purchasing/driving experience has been flawless!
They let you combine the x-plan with the $500 college savings?

Where did you order your car? please pm me if you feel it nessecary.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: x-plan what did your dealer ask for?