2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

X-Plan versus Invoice Plus Pricing...IM Confused

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/06, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X-Plan versus Invoice Plus Pricing...IM Confused

Hello,

I have spent the past 2 plus hours going through old posts regarding pricing using an X-Plan or simply getting invoice plus pricing.

I have found a few different definitions of X-Plan and I am confused. Can someone tell me what exactally the X-Plan gets you (Example: Invoice minus 4% or Invoice plus 4%)?

Is the X-Plan better that Invoice plus $500?

I have a P.I.N. but I am trying to figure out what is better.

Any specific help would be very much appreciated.

Bob
Old 6/5/06, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
This is from the Ford Partner web site:

Pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand.
The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (except for
Land Rover and Jaguar)

Ford/Mercury
Invoice minus 0.4% of Invoice

Lincoln
Invoice plus 0.6% of Invoice

Volvo
A-Plan + 2% of A-Plan

Land Rover
Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Regional Advertising Group fee and destination & delivery fee).

Jaguar
Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Advertising Association Fee and destination & delivery fee).
Old 6/5/06, 11:09 PM
V6 Member

I just ordered a MY07 Mustang a few weeks ago and received my pricing info this past weekend. I'm getting mine on x-plan and it is a hair below invoice. Hope this helps.
Old 6/6/06, 04:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Smile

Thanks for the replies, I now know what to do and expect from the dealer.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 6/6/06, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Also, with x-plan the dealer isn't allowed to charge you the extra fees like the doc (document) fee. This amount varies from dealer to dealer. I've seen it as low as $20 and as high as $650!
If your best deal was invoice + $500, go with the X-plan... assuming the dealer is willing to accept an x-plan.
Old 6/6/06, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You can also see the X-plan price if you go to the ford partners website and build a car there. You then have to search a dealers inventory to see the x-plan prices of what they have on the lot, which isn't exactly your car, but you might be able to find one equipped the same way. They still don't have 2007's on there, but you can see an '06 built. I've attached a screen capture of a search I just did similar to what I want.

If you're getting the x-plan through your employer, they should have the correct code you need to log on to the ford Partners website. Then follow a link to Forddirect.com to do the build and search dealers inventory.

As you can see from these few examples, X-plan is about $40 below invoice here.
Attached Thumbnails X-Plan versus Invoice Plus Pricing...IM Confused-x-plan-prices.jpg  
Old 6/7/06, 04:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangNut
...with x-plan the dealer isn't allowed to charge you the extra fees like the doc (document) fee. This amount varies from dealer to dealer. I've seen it as low as $20 and as high as $650!...
Jason raises an important point. I had a dealer here try to tell me that the doc fee was a state-mandated fee (which I knew it wasn't) until I pointed out that Ford doesn't allow it to be charged on X-plan deals! Doc fees are just additional dealer profit, nothing more.
Old 6/8/06, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you for the additional info I will be sure to watch for added fees. I actually went to the dealer today and test drove 2 GT's. One was an auto and the other manual. Talk about difference, the manual was much more fun plus it had the 355's. I now have to decide which one I want. If I get the manual, city traffic will suck and my wife will not drive it. Both good and bad there. The auto would be nice to just go on a drive and worry about nothing. I dunno.

The other change I found was color, I fell in love with the Redfire. I was going to get the Tungsten with charchol interior but the dealer had a Redfire with tan interior and it was beautiful. So now I will probably order the Redfire with tan interior and black convert top.

I have to make my mind up by Saturday so it can be ordered. The dealer had no problem at all with X-Plan pricing and I am very happy so far.

Thanks again for all you help and advice.

Bob
Old 6/17/06, 09:15 PM
GT Member

Question What to do with the X-plan and PIN?

OK, so I know how to go about getting an X-plan PIN. Then I just take that to my local dealer and say I want to order an 07 and I want to use X-plan and that I have a PIN? Do only certain dealers accept this? Do I need to talk to the sales manager? Thanks for the info.
Old 6/17/06, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

From what I have heard, ALL of the dealers around here are taking x-plan now, but last June, none of them were and some even wanted a markup of $7K over sticker on my GT vert. We bought our focus on x-plan and just spoke to the first salesman that glommed on to us.