2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

X plan order

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/04, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone here order a car who is part of the x plan?? One salesman told me that Ford was not accepting orders under the x plan for Mustangs right now. Didn't make any sense to me, so I figured I'd check with the people who actually know something.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 9/10/04, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by legendlimegt@September 10, 2004, 4:31 PM
Has anyone here order a car who is part of the x plan?? One salesman told me that Ford was not accepting orders under the x plan for Mustangs right now. Didn't make any sense to me, so I figured I'd check with the people who actually know something.

Thanks,
Mike
I haven't actually ordered, but I have definitely had 2 different dealers say "no problem" to the X-Plan pricing.
Old 9/10/04, 04:50 PM

I went and pre-ordered mine about a week ago and the salesman entered my order and put it under the x-plan and although it rejected some options and I had to go back and take things out and add others, the part where he entered that I got the x-plan discount was accepted, so hopefully
Old 9/10/04, 04:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All orders are the same, there is no specific plan order. Every invoice simply has it in the price structure.
Old 9/10/04, 05:18 PM

Thanks everyone!!! That's what I thought it would be like, but I just wanted to make sure.

Mike
Old 9/10/04, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by LindsB@September 10, 2004, 6:53 PM
I went and pre-ordered mine about a week ago and the salesman entered my order and put it under the x-plan and although it rejected some options and I had to go back and take things out and add others, the part where he entered that I got the x-plan discount was accepted, so hopefully
I doubt the wrong options had anything to do with the X-Plan. When they build the car, they could care less what plan you are on, thats the dealerships part of the bargain.
Old 9/10/04, 06:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My dealer said Ford wasn't accepting any plans (obviously the dealer still can)... but I didn't say a single word about pricing... was that a good idea or a bad one? There's no way this guys is getting MSRP from me, he didn't even know which options were which, I had to explain it to him.
Old 9/10/04, 06:34 PM

I doubt the wrong options had anything to do with the X-Plan. When they build the car, they could care less what plan you are on, thats the dealerships part of the bargain.

No, it didn't have anything to do with it. Sorry, should have made that a little bit clearer. My salesman really had no idea what he was doing, I felt kinda bad for him. It took him FOREVER to enter my order but it was fine with me, as long as it got ordered. When he was entering it, he asked if I had any family members that worked for Ford and I told him that my mom was a nurse in a Henry Ford Hospital so he was like ok, then you can probably get the x plan. So then he put a big fat x in the computer and also on my paperwork but he just had no idea what he was doing and he kept entering the wrong codes and the computer kept telling him that it was wrong and blah, blah, blah. So finally, he went and got someone to help him figure it out what he was entering wrong and he had to change some things around but the computer didn't reject the part where he entered that I was entitled to the x plan.
Old 9/10/04, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by LindsB@September 10, 2004, 6:37 PM
No, it didn't have anything to do with it. Sorry, should have made that a little bit clearer. My salesman really had no idea what he was doing, I felt kinda bad for him. It took him FOREVER to enter my order but it was fine with me, as long as it got ordered. When he was entering it, he asked if I had any family members that worked for Ford and I told him that my mom was a nurse in a Henry Ford Hospital so he was like ok, then you can probably get the x plan. So then he put a big fat x in the computer and also on my paperwork but he just had no idea what he was doing and he kept entering the wrong codes and the computer kept telling him that it was wrong and blah, blah, blah. So finally, he went and got someone to help him figure it out what he was entering wrong and he had to change some things around but the computer didn't reject the part where he entered that I was entitled to the x plan.
This doesn't mean you are getting the x-plan pricing. For you to get x-plan, you will need to get a pin number from Ford and prove your eligibility. I don't think you will qualify. Your mom might, but that doesn't make you eligible. I can order a vehicle with the x-plan "code" for the Pope, but until he proves he's eligible, he can't get that price.

I would firm things up before you proceed much further.

Paul
Old 9/10/04, 08:16 PM

Yeah, the salesman told me that I may not but he said if I wanted to I could add my mom or my dad as a cosigner because he would be eligible also and then drop them after about six months and that way I would still recieve the discount.
Old 9/10/04, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

If your Mom qualifies for X-plan, then she can get a pin # for your purchase and you can use it to get the X-plan pricing. My father-in-law retired from Ford 2 years ago - I've used A-plan (or X, or Z - I always get them mixed up) 8 times since I married into the family. Now that he's retired I'll have to use one of the other letters... :scratch:

I personally don't know if Henry Ford Hospital gets discount pricing from Ford. You would have to find that out.
Old 9/11/04, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered with X-plan...have my pin ready and everything...and a car rolling off the line next week (hopefully)...
Old 9/11/04, 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by LindsB@September 10, 2004, 8:19 PM
Yeah, the salesman told me that I may not but he said if I wanted to I could add my mom or my dad as a cosigner because he would be eligible also and then drop them after about six months and that way I would still recieve the discount.
That isn't neccessarily correct. The bank isn't going to just drop a co-signer, there is no benefit to them to do it. They would go from having two people responsible to repay to just one. You can refinance, but usually the rates aren't anywhere near as aggressive on a used car refinance as on a new car. Just be careful, hate to lock your parents in for 4 or 5 years.

Paul
Old 9/11/04, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Skorch52@September 10, 2004, 9:13 PM
If your Mom qualifies for X-plan, then she can get a pin # for your purchase and you can use it to get the X-plan pricing. My father-in-law retired from Ford 2 years ago - I've used A-plan (or X, or Z - I always get them mixed up) 8 times since I married into the family. Now that he's retired I'll have to use one of the other letters... :scratch:

I personally don't know if Henry Ford Hospital gets discount pricing from Ford. You would have to find that out.
X-plan, as a partner, is only for you or your spouse, it doesn't go any further than that. A/Z/D plan can offer their discount to brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter, thaey can also offer x-plan through the friends and family program to other relatives and friends (thats only for A/Z).

Again, check with your dealer so your not suprised at time of delivery.

Paul
Old 9/11/04, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by LindsB@September 10, 2004, 6:37 PM

Don't quote me on this for SURE, but I think I remember reading some where that Henry Ford Hospital employees are A plan eligible, which means you'd be A plan eligible. Have your mom check with her Human Resources to check for sure.

If she's only eligible for X plan, then the car would have to be titled in her name for at least 6 mos, because you would not be eligble for her X plan.

Also, I believe Hertz employees are A plan eligible too. So if anyone knows a Hertz employee, they should be able to give you an X plan pin if you're not eligible for X plan any other way.
Old 9/11/04, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I would speak to a manager at the dealership to confirm your X plan order. It is dealer management's decision to approve X plan pricing. Since your salesperson seemed unsure on how to order the car, I would not rely on him as the authority to approve your price.
Old 9/14/04, 06:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I talked with my dealer last night and he said his DCS stated that the X-Plan will not be accepted. I asked him if if just did not acknowldege it or did it flat out say it will not be accepted. He said it actually stated the x-plan will not be accepted.

I don't have access to a DCS (or even really know what one is). Has anyone else heard recent news about this?
Old 9/14/04, 06:55 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dealer I am getting mine from has accepted the X-Plan.
Old 9/14/04, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine accepted X-plan too. The factory has nothing to do with X-plan because they don't get a kickback from Ford like they do Z and A plans. I got my Pin # this week. They are still saying October to deliver my car, ordered 7-29. Your dealer is just giving you a line I believe.
Old 9/14/04, 10:43 AM

I ordered mine as x plan yesterday. The dealer had no problem with that. Keep in mind that when it comes in that the dealer is required to show you the invoice. At least that's what the Ford Partners website stated.

Mike

Quick Reply: X plan order