2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Wow, Im lucky?

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/06, 08:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I recently got back from a long trip to northern California. Its almost a 600 mile drive one way. I was asked by a few people in my home town to show off my engine ect. and ofcourse I was more than willing. So the last time I had my hood up was a day before I drove back. The drive is about 90% I5, very strait and moves at 80mph consitantly. I did exceed that by a bit trying to keep from being run over by SUV's doing 95+mph. Anyway almost a week later, I go out to my car and notice the alarm has been triggered. I imediately notice my hood is popped up! I inspect everything but no damage and everything (emblems, grill ect.) is there and undamaged.

I wonder...could it be possible the hood wasn't fully latched, 8 hours of highway driving plus a weeks worth of work and errands wasn't enough to make it pop up? Or maybe the latch is faulty and it popped on it's own?

Anyone experiance a similar oddity?

Either way I'm going to have it looked at. I hate to think what would have happened at 80mph had it lifted.
Old 2/6/06, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nynvolt @ February 5, 2006, 9:49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I imediately notice my hood is popped up! I inspect everything but no damage and everything (emblems, grill ect.) is there and undamaged.

I wonder...could it be possible the hood wasn't fully latched, 8 hours of highway driving plus a weeks worth of work and errands wasn't enough to make it pop up? Or maybe the latch is faulty and it popped on it's own?

Anyone experiance a similar oddity?

Either way I'm going to have it looked at. I hate to think what would have happened at 80mph had it lifted.
[/b][/quote]

Probably a good idea to get checked -- I can imagine it in the safety latch position, but the hood should have been doing a real dance in the wind. Maybe you bumped the lever inside??? Not likely but could happen. Some of us have had to adjust our hoods due to dancing in the wind, and you may also need the same to be sure it stays latched and aligned. Good luck on the warranty side -- they should adjust it and fix you right up with no problems.
M-73