2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Wow, big problems

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/04, 09:47 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Robert@December 22, 2004, 4:42 AM
Well. I guess my response to that would be as follows:

In my experience the legal route is a VERY effective tool in getting people to sit up and take you seriously. Dealerships don't ordinarily retain lawyers on staff, and are thus forced into the expenditure of getting one should you have an attorney draft them a persuasive, professional letter. Usually, they don't want the hassle nor the aggrevation. A smart lawyer will also include a sentence to the effect of: "You can ill-afford the negative publicity this could generate for both your dealership and Ford Motor Co." That means the dealership has to contact the higher-ups lest it unwittingly do something to harm Ford Corporate by taking matters into its own hands.

Moreover, Ford wants GOOD publicity on this car, not BAD. This guy's situation (if true) is a public relations nightmare. The likelihood is that Ford Corporate would want it to disappear quickly. A smart lawyer is a master strategist: he/she knows all the avenues and has access to all the pressure tricks. They'll also tell you straight off whether or not you have legal recourse.

In a situation like this, if the customer is not prepared to fight fire with fire, then he/she is liable to be the one who gets burned.
Excellent post. I agree with everything you said. I had a problem with a car I bought from a dealership (not a ford) and boy, that dealership didnt want to know that I existed when I had a problem that was not easily fixed.

I'm not saying this is a brand (ford, chevy, audi) problem, but I think its a dealership problem. That is to say that there are bad ones and good ones... I just think there are more bad ones out there......
Old 12/22/04, 09:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by outdoorstom+December 22, 2004, 9:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (outdoorstom @ December 22, 2004, 9:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 22, 2004, 8:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-z71mudder199
@December 22, 2004, 1:36 AM
I just read another post the guy just made on the stangnet forums... He just put that post on there and in 3 different locations to see how many views he can get... it is fake my friends

If this really is fake, this guy should be beaten within an inch of his life.

I hate trolls.
C'mon you guys, get a grip. This guy is not a troll. He had a legitimate gripe with Ford. They eventually made it right....end of story. [/b][/quote]
Read again, I said IF it isn't real. I wasn't saying it wasn't.
Old 12/22/04, 11:26 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read another post the guy just made on the stangnet forums... He just put that post on there and in 3 different locations to see how many views he can get... it is fake my friends
How does that make it fake? maybe i need more info here but if my car had this serious of an issue and i didnt know what to do, i'd find all the Mustang and CAR websites i could find and try and get answers. Poor fella. Hopefully he got his car fixed and is happy go lucky right now cruisin down the highway.