2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

worthless ETA

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/05, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off i have to aplogize ahead of time for the rant, but considering you guys have been my therapy up to this point i felt no reason to hold back. As you can see by my SIG that my ETA has now come and gone. I called the Ford Customer Service line only to hear sorry our computers are down etc etc. I told them how this week is marking my 5 MONTH mark on waiting and how i think its crazy how i can purchase something and have it shipped from Wisconsin to Florida and have it tracked the whole way yet you purchase a almost 30 thousand dollar car and no one can tell me anything like its a big secret. If its in quality hold just tell me if its the rail car thing just tell me , my dealer and Ford both agreed on the ETA date and its not like it was an exact date they spread it out 14th -21st. When i go to my dealer they laugh like i am a lil child and just want my toy and tell me patience patience. I think they could care less. My order has been sitting in the "shipped to convoy" since March 4th but yet they gave me an ETA. Would i recieve an ETA if i was on quality hold? What does it take to find out anything. If i wanted a 2006 i would had ordered a 2006. I am tired of being laughed at by my dealership and not taken seriously. And what i am most tired of is the NOT knowing of anything. Again I want to thank everyone here on this website for the pickme ups when i was down and Lord knows there have been alot of downs thus far with this order. I will NEVER special order a car again. I know everyone says you forget about the wait when you get your car. I sure hope so.........I am truely sorry for the rant
Old 3/21/05, 08:29 PM
GT Member

It's time you got a hold of your regional rep! I got sick and tired of waiting for answers and now that I've talked to him, my car was moved up a week and a half into production and he's calling me about the progress of my car. Good luck!
Old 3/21/05, 08:29 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Shadow, check your PM, I had a bit of good news today. Our cars seem to be following the same schedule...
Old 3/21/05, 08:32 PM

i sure hope so 05GT its driving me and my family nuts. The only thing that scares me is that i have been sitting in the "shipped to convoy" since the 4th did i skip the rail will i go to rail or am i waiting on a rail?
Old 3/21/05, 08:33 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@March 21, 2005, 10:28 PM
First off i have to aplogize ahead of time for the rant, but considering you guys have been my therapy up to this point i felt no reason to hold back. As you can see by my SIG that my ETA has now come and gone. I called the Ford Customer Service line only to hear sorry our computers are down etc etc. I told them how this week is marking my 5 MONTH mark on waiting and how i think its crazy how i can purchase something and have it shipped from Wisconsin to Florida and have it tracked the whole way yet you purchase a almost 30 thousand dollar car and no one can tell me anything like its a big secret. If its in quality hold just tell me if its the rail car thing just tell me , my dealer and Ford both agreed on the ETA date and its not like it was an exact date they spread it out 14th -21st. When i go to my dealer they laugh like i am a lil child and just want my toy and tell me patience patience. I think they could care less. My order has been sitting in the "shipped to convoy" since March 4th but yet they gave me an ETA. Would i recieve an ETA if i was on quality hold? What does it take to find out anything. If i wanted a 2006 i would had ordered a 2006. I am tired of being laughed at by my dealership and not taken seriously. And what i am most tired of is the NOT knowing of anything. Again I want to thank everyone here on this website for the pickme ups when i was down and Lord knows there have been alot of downs thus far with this order. I will NEVER special order a car again. I know everyone says you forget about the wait when you get your car. I sure hope so.........I am truely sorry for the rant
I don't blame you one bit, it really stinks how some of the cars aren't coming. And they won't even give you an answer as to what's going on. Like you said you can track anything almost anyware. So why not a car???? Good luck, hope you get it soon
Old 3/21/05, 08:38 PM

i really am sorry for the rant and i just want to say thank you to the ones that actually read the whole thing and for all your help
Old 3/21/05, 08:38 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ERL still says I'm on a rail, I never got bucked, locked in for production, or any of that. Should be here tomorrow, I know it's not on a rail, it's on it's way to the dealer, but I didn't get that info from ERL
Let's bow to the Mustang Gods, hopefully one last time.

:bowdown:
Old 3/21/05, 08:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Hey Perry: Hang in there, buddy; you are almost home. I went through the exact same thing. My car took 40 days from the build date until it arrived at my dealer. Same thing---little or no accurate or timely information as to its whereabouts.

I can honestly say that you really do forget about the wait once you take delivery of the car. The arrival day was 4 weeks ago today---I took delivery 4 weeks ago this Wednesday, and I can hardly believe I have had the car that long.

It is sooooo worth the wait. Just a little more patience, and you'll be

before you know it, all the way down the highway.

A word of caution: If yours is like mine, having been in transit a long time--look closely for rail dust. Depending upon the color it may show up as tiny black or dark spots or streaks, all over the paint. Your dealer will have it removed for you, under warranty so at no cost to you, but you may have to point it out to them and ask / demand that they take care of it. Do NOT try to remove it yourself--you will knock yourself out trying. Unless you want to clay bar the whole car yourself, which you should not have to do to a new car.

I just noticed in your sig that yours is black, so you probably won't see the rail dust but you can definitely feel it. When you run your hand over the paint, it will not feel smooth but rough to the touch. That's how you know.

Happy Trails !!
Old 3/21/05, 08:41 PM

i want to get excited but i am afraid too. One thing is for sure 05GT that when our babies come in we def have to get together one day and share stories
Old 3/21/05, 09:02 PM
GT Member

My car was ordered 10-22-04. It was built 1-25-05. ETA was 2-5-05. I got it today, 3-21-05.
I called customer service 12 times and wrote two emails over the last six weeks. I was treated like a child half the time and like a moron the rest. I got lectures about patience and about how my car would get here when it gets here and no one could tell me when it was coming or what the delays were about.
Fortunately, I found a friend of a friend who used to work at the factory. He finally tracked my car down and found out it was on a holding lot for quality control. Somehow no one put in an order to ship it, so it got pushed to the back of the lot, and if my guy hadn't done all of that work for me, I have no doubt that I stilll wouldn't have the car.
My faith in Ford customer service is nil. Any one of the people I spoke with could have looked into the problem and resolved this situation weeks ago. I wish I had some good advice. But, apparently customer service isn't the way to go. I would try to get your sales manager or regional rep to stay on top of it. Nothing at all happened with my car until the right guy bothered to pick up the phone. He got it sent the same day.
Good luck.
Old 3/21/05, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@March 21, 2005, 10:35 PM
i sure hope so 05GT its driving me and my family nuts. The only thing that scares me is that i have been sitting in the "shipped to convoy" since the 4th did i skip the rail will i go to rail or am i waiting on a rail?
mustangshadow, if your dealer has any Mustangs on the lot, go look at the window sticker. At the bottom of the sticker, it has a "Method of Transp." section, which should either say CONVOY or RAIL. I noticed in CT, that the Ford 500s were shipped by rail, but the Mustangs are all shipped by convoy.

BTW, see my sig. Mine was also shipped to convoy on Mar 4. I had a dealer ETA of Mar 14, but it didn't actually arrive til almost a week later. Hang in there...
Old 3/21/05, 09:40 PM
GT Member

I feel your pain. Listen, I was in the same situation. My car was built February the 7th. I kept calling and calling got the same crap also. I was starting to get really pissed off! The truth was I was stuck in the Qualitiy Hold for a long time. It finally "Shipped via convoy" on March the 8th. Then it took another two weeks to ship via rail. Tonight, the train is somewhere in Nebraska. Should be on Colorado in the next day or so.

I know your sick of hearing it. Try to not think about it too much. The less you think about it the sooner it will get here.

At least you know its on its way?
Old 3/21/05, 09:45 PM
Banned

I tried to read it ... but it just runs together. Try using paragraphs ...

But what I can comment on ... is if you have an ETA, it can't take more than 2-3 weeks.
Old 3/21/05, 09:50 PM
Banned

And I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it another thousand times. The car isn't yours, so you shouldn't have picture perfect tracking. Until you actually purchase it from the dealer, you don't need to have any info on its shipping status.
Old 3/21/05, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Grantsdale? why cant i find out where the car is i bought?
Old 3/21/05, 09:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Mine was also shipped convoy carrier for about 2 weeks, I was told it sat in rail yard for about two weeks, while waiting on a rail car. My regional rep in kansas city was the only one able to give me real answers on where it was etc. It didnt speed up the process but at least I had someone with real answers.
Old 3/21/05, 10:28 PM

Same story with me. Mine was shipped on the 3rd of march. Still says as of march 3rd you car has been shipped by convoy.
Old 3/22/05, 10:08 AM
V6 Member

Hopefully if the car is in Quality Hold the car will be perfect when you get it and you won't have to take it back for repairs.
Old 3/22/05, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I HEAR YA!!!

i'm in the same boat. Ordered couple days before you, and mine has been shipping for THREE WEEKS!!! thats so stupid!

I special ordered my 99 and it only took 6 weeks.
Old 3/22/05, 10:54 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mustangshadow@March 21, 2005, 9:41 PM
i really am sorry for the rant and i just want to say thank you to the ones that actually read the whole thing and for all your help
Perry - don't apologize and don't sweat it - I've kind been riding shadow shotgun for ya from the sidelines waiting for you to get your Pony (and what looks like the twin to my ride!).

Funny how you and John seem to be in the same boat - had my fingers crossed for both a ya, being fellow Florida Stangers.....

I think the fact that you are being treated the way you are buy the dealership is horrible. Sadly, the GREAT/AMAZING dealership stories seem to be in the minority... that's a darn shame.....

I got a feeling though bro - I bet you will get your car before the month is out....
Then you will be
:drive:
and happier than you can imagine. (you're gonna have that 05 Grin - where you just can't stop SMILING around the thing.... )

You and John hang in!!

Quick Reply: worthless ETA