2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Woo hoo!! I'm Serialized!

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 12:24 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Woo hoo!! I'm Serialized!

Called first thing this morning, that's what she told me. So hopefully next wee they'll have a production date range for me. I'm psyched!
Old 6/16/06, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attaboy!
Old 6/17/06, 09:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

I don't think I would brag about being sterilized
Old 6/17/06, 01:08 PM

Being sterilized can be a good thing to some people.

Now she says I'm sched to be built the week of 6/26. Dang, I might have to pick her up a little early, otherwise she'll be sitting up there (I'm having the car delivered to Seattle, but live in Las Vegas) for 5 or 6 weeks. I wanted to pick her up over the labor day weekend and drive down the coast, hitting all the cool touristy things along the way. The Oregon coast, the Redwoods, SF, Monterey, maybe Hearst Castle, etc.

I've got to stop by the dealer today, they might have an ETA for me.

I'm so psyched! And tired of driving a tired old pickup.

Old 6/19/06, 02:57 PM

Good thing I stopped by the dealership today. They didn't have a priced DORA (still don't, for some reason), but were finally able to get my VIN. I did find out they had forgotten to order the Fanblades for me, and they never put in for delivery to Seattle like I had asked. So now it's going to come here, that's ok though. And they called the factory, and were able to get the fanblades back on the build, but it might delay the production date a day or two, which is also fine. I'd rather get it right than early.

Now to update my sig with the serial number.
Old 6/19/06, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Good thing I stopped by the dealership today. They didn't have a priced DORA (still don't, for some reason), but were finally able to get my VIN. I did find out they had forgotten to order the Fanblades for me, and they never put in for delivery to Seattle like I had asked. So now it's going to come here, that's ok though. And they called the factory, and were able to get the fanblades back on the build, but it might delay the production date a day or two, which is also fine. I'd rather get it right than early.

Now to update my sig with the serial number.
These recent posts about folks from TX and the West Coast getting higher serial numbers and getting scheduled right away just gives us more fodder to the fact that Ford gives preference to the warmer climates in their allocation schemes for the Mustang. Folks on the east coast and in Canada are low on their totum pole...
Old 6/20/06, 10:09 PM

Latest update, it's scheduled to arrive the week of July 13th. Cool!
Old 6/29/06, 09:38 AM

My car was born on 6/26, and has been released from the plant! She didn't know if it was on a rail car yet, but ERL now says ETA is the week of 7/7, yesterday it was 7/13. The weird thing is the dealership still hasn't given me the X-plan price for the car, although I've asked for it numerous times. My sales-guy is supposedly trying to get it for me this morning. I'll give him until noon. Then hit him with "Well, it's already been built and released from the plant, so you better find out soon."

I'm so excited!
Old 6/29/06, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
These recent posts about folks from TX and the West Coast getting higher serial numbers and getting scheduled right away just gives us more fodder to the fact that Ford gives preference to the warmer climates in their allocation schemes for the Mustang. Folks on the east coast and in Canada are low on their totum pole...
You may be on to something there, since I ordered my car 4-26 and I am STILL not serialized
Old 6/29/06, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hoops
You may be on to something there, since I ordered my car 4-26 and I am STILL not serialized
Hmmm. I ordered mine on 6/9 and I'm already serialized. I live in NJ.
Old 6/29/06, 04:54 PM
Cobra R Member

hmm someone in a worse boat then i

i ordered the same day and i just got my build week about a week and a helf ago. actually my car is probably built waiting for a rail car right now. i think it all depends on your dealer allocation and priority code. my dealer isnt very big, but they gave me 10 on priority code which is the best a dealer can do.. good luck, it will be here before you know it
Old 6/29/06, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cheese302
hmm someone in a worse boat then i

i ordered the same day and i just got my build week about a week and a helf ago. actually my car is probably built waiting for a rail car right now. i think it all depends on your dealer allocation and priority code. my dealer isnt very big, but they gave me 10 on priority code which is the best a dealer can do.. good luck, it will be here before you know it
Yeah I don't even know what to do anymore. My dealer is no help. They just keep telling me nope not scheduled yet. My priority code is 13. I've been calling VOPC every day the past week, and they keep say "clean and unscheduled, vehicle has not been serialized". I just checked they're online inventory...they have one 2007 GT...but not mine. How can they have dealer stock and my car isn't even serialized!?

Next week I'm going to make a surprise visit at my dealer (they're 25 miles away) and speak my mind. Not that that will do anything...but I'm going to see if they'll swap my stock 235's for some 255's, no charge.
Old 6/29/06, 08:02 PM
GT Member

I've got a VIN and a build week of 7/17. How do I find out when it's released from the plant, ETA etc.? Is there a website...phone number?

Thanks...and congrats on the pending arrival!
Old 6/29/06, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

Next week I'm going to make a surprise visit at my dealer (they're 25 miles away) and speak my mind. Not that that will do anything...but I'm going to see if they'll swap my stock 235's for some 255's, no charge.
I'll have what HE'S having.
Old 6/30/06, 10:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by H60Dog
I've got a VIN and a build week of 7/17. How do I find out when it's released from the plant, ETA etc.? Is there a website...phone number?

Thanks...and congrats on the pending arrival!
Did a search...says shouldn't post number on forums. If anybody would like to PM me the number, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 6/30/06, 11:25 AM

e-mail sent to H60Dog, your PM's are turned off.
Old 6/30/06, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
e-mail sent to H60Dog, your PM's are turned off.
Got it...Thanks!

I had to reset the settings after the big switch.