2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

won't show me dora

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05 | 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@February 16, 2005, 8:58 AM
No, I'm not joking one bit.

All of that same information is on the order reciept. It look's different, but it's the same exact stuff.

The difference with me was there were no surprises, they explained their allocation, how it worked and told me when they expect my order to be pulled when I asked them, and it happened!

So I saw no need whatsoever to ask for a piece of paper that had the same info on it as the piece of paper that I already had

I hate to be difficult, but I'm looking at my DORA and VOC right now and they do not provide identical information. The order numbers are different, the VOC does not have the dealer code. My order was originally screwed up (IUP was omitted) and it was supposed to have been fixed the next day. The DORA was priceless piece of mind that Ford received the correct order. I would be so PO'ed if I got my car after 3 months and found it was missing the IUP!!!
Old 2/16/05 | 05:22 PM
FR500 Member

Everybody's situation is different, believe me I think we've seen all kinds of horror stories when it comes to dealerships.

My VOC had the dealer code on it, with the same order number. Believe me I called the "Evil Lady" many times when the shipping part of my order got screwy.

And I actually got 2 VOC's one before and one after the order was actually put in the system. Believe me I knew the order didn't go in the system right away, and kept on them till it was. He pulled the order up on CONCEPTS in front of me and verified everything from the first VOC, then he gave me what certainly appeared to just be a screen dump of everything we just went over, it had everything I needed on it!

Quite possibly the sreen dump was not an actual VOC, but it had the order number, dealer code, body type, all my options.... everything!

All I can do is share what my experience was. I got my car with no surprises through the order process. Now once it was built and it was time to ship it....then we had issues. But that wasn't the dealer's fault, and in hindsight it doesn't matter... I got the car I ordered just for me
Old 2/16/05 | 05:26 PM
FR500 Member

im having the same problem
Old 2/16/05 | 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@February 16, 2005, 4:25 PM
Quite possibly the sreen dump was not an actual VOC, but it had the order number, dealer code, body type, all my options.... everything!

It appears Ponygirl got the same thing from her dealer. Whatever works I say. My dealer screwed up my order and I didn't catch it until the next day. But to be honest I don't think he changed it until I got the wrong DORA about 2 weeks later and I called him on it. I'm thankful for this forum for all the help and information, or else my order process would have been a headache.

I shouldn't count my eggs before they hatch though, I'm still waiting on my car!!!!
Old 2/17/05 | 01:06 PM
GT Member

Well I went to the dealer today. Guess what? They had a new sales manager.... I wonder why? I told him what I've been going through, and all I wanted was a copy of the dora. He said no problem, he would get it and fax it to me asap. Well I went back to work & waited about 2 hours......no fax. So I called him back. He told me their system was down & they couldn't get into it till it is fixed tomorrow. I hope I get some kind of answer pretty soon. I will update tomorrow, hopefully some good news, but at this point who knows????
Old 2/17/05 | 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I never actually got to see my DORA, my salesman said that the lady who does their ordering discards them when she receives them. I thought that was a serious load, but what could I do?

I got the order confirmation and I've called the evil lady and I am C/U. Hopefully all the options are correct on my order.

On another topic, why did my last post get deleted?
Old 2/17/05 | 05:58 PM
V6 Member

my voc has a line on it that says c09 priced dora nc