Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Its not where you're going, its how you get there........MUSTANG"
Old 4/25/04, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

lol. nice spinning dan.

Navigation would be pretty cool, but ya, it's a mustang, not a Towncar.
Old 4/25/04, 07:31 PM
Cobra Member

What do you a nav system for in any car? To find your way to the store and back?

Road maps and my Thomas Bros have been all I have ever needed.
Old 4/25/04, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Well my Mustang will inadvertently have a Nav system. Almost any new head unit with DVD compatibility will offer either one or both of; the old fashioned road map disc, or the option to install a seperate gps antenna and use that. Mine does both I believe. Since I'm being helpful I thought I would throw that out, if you are in dire need of bad satellite directions.
Old 4/25/04, 07:51 PM

Gah , I really wanted Sat Nav , but I imagine it would add alot to the price of the car. I guess I could just go with the DVD thing Villianous mentioned.
Old 4/25/04, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would rather have the Stereo with 6 CD changer. Navigation systems, much like any other computer equipment, are expensive not to mention it becomes outdated before you know it. I'd rather have Ford throw a map in the glovebox.
Old 4/25/04, 08:57 PM
GT Member

Mazda 3 for anyone really needing a Nav system for cheap, 14K-17K i believe, but i dont kno that id even mind being lost in a 2005 Mustang, just so more people could see the beauty that would be mine!
Old 4/25/04, 09:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
In the 05...you'll want to take the long way...
or enjoy taking a detour

Heck..I do that NOW
Old 4/25/04, 09:14 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer@Apr. 26th, 2004, 3:10 AM
In the 05...you'll want to take the long way...
or enjoy taking a detour

Heck..I do that NOW
When I use going to the store as an excuse to go for a drive I find 95% of the time I get to the store and keep going.

"Cars: Utility or Passion. Choose your flavour.............Just Drive It"

( I'm putting it down now, I promise)
Old 4/25/04, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

why would you want it? like Boomer said, if you get lost, thatj ustm eans more driving ^^
besides, ONSTAR sucks
Old 4/25/04, 10:35 PM

Why wouldn't it be an OPTION? Of course a lot of people wouldn't get it, but after all, it is just an option. The expedition offers one so why couldn't the mustang? Plus, nav system prices are going down because they are becoming more and more common. I think all the new fords share the same radio unit, so I think you would be able to get one if you really wanted it. The RX-8 offers one and I don't think it raises the price too much. I just think that if you wanted on with nav, you'd have to order it. Personally, if I'm going on a road trip, I'd rather be enjoying the driving and scenery than looking at some map trying to figure out which way to go, when a computer can just tellme and say, "turn left here."
Old 4/26/04, 01:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love all the Luddite arguments rationalizing why you don't need NAV in a Stang. I have a close friend who has NAV in his car, and it's a HUGE advantage - especially if it's voice activated and touch screen. Nothing like it. Personally, there aren't too many cars I would consider without it. And for me, it's a huge strike against the new Stang to not at least offer it as an option. Most other performance coupes coming out do.

And a car doesn't have to be a Lincoln or a Jag to have navigation. How do you explain the following:

Mazda RX-8
Mazda 3
Acura TSX
BMW M3
C6 Corvette

Its the same reason you won't see heated seats, a sunroof, steering wheel-mounted radio controls, or a host of other options that more and more manufacturers are offering, even on less expensive modesl. It allows Ford to stay cheap, cheap, cheap!

Why? Quite frankly, this is just another example of options we'll never see because Ford has to pay the ridiculous UAW wages for jobs that could be automated. If not for the UAW, we'd get a better Mustang, frankly.

It's bullpucky!
Old 4/26/04, 01:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

you don't need NAV in a muscle car like the Mustang.....sure if you're 60 and driving a Vette you need the assistance
Old 4/26/04, 05:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Robert@Apr. 26th, 2004, 9:24 AM
I love all the Luddite arguments rationalizing why you don't need NAV in a Stang. I have a close friend who has NAV in his car, and it's a HUGE advantage - especially if it's voice activated and touch screen. Nothing like it. Personally, there aren't too many cars I would consider without it. And for me, it's a huge strike against the new Stang to not at least offer it as an option. Most other performance coupes coming out do.

And a car doesn't have to be a Lincoln or a Jag to have navigation. How do you explain the following:

Mazda RX-8
Mazda 3
Acura TSX
BMW M3
C6 Corvette

Its the same reason you won't see heated seats, a sunroof, steering wheel-mounted radio controls, or a host of other options that more and more manufacturers are offering, even on less expensive modesl. It allows Ford to stay cheap, cheap, cheap!

Why? Quite frankly, this is just another example of options we'll never see because Ford has to pay the ridiculous UAW wages for jobs that could be automated. If not for the UAW, we'd get a better Mustang, frankly.

It's bullpucky!
I thought heated seats will be an option?

And I bet that it will be possible to modify the cruise control buttons so that they control volume, track and disc/folder or something...

I would really love to see nav systems on the stang... but I guess it somehow doesn't fit into the car's image, does it?
Old 4/26/04, 05:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

buy an aftermarket NAV. problem solved. Affordable performance. If you want cute little options buy one of those other 50k autos. the mustang is about muscle for cheap, cheap, cheap.

I'd love to see those things on the mustang, but, I dont want to pay $35k for it. i'd rather have the $28k powerful, stylish version.
Old 4/26/04, 06:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

The point is: aftermarket navs won't fit into the interior styling like one offered by ford would. I guess. Eh?
Old 4/26/04, 06:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

no, it wouldn't look as nice. I think nav looks ugly anyway. I'd prefer not to have a large display in the middle of my dash at all. In a lux car, sure. Not in a muscle car. If someone wants it for function, the aftermarket will provide it. if they want it for bling, maybe consider the other cars. personally, i'd do without the color change gauges for the same reason - unecessary cost and weight.

Quick Reply: Will new mustang offer navigation?