2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Why so difficult to get PIN ?

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/06, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why so difficult to get PIN ?

I have had a request for about 3 days now on Blueoval for an X-Plan PIN. Unfortunately, nothing yet. I'm looking to put the order in ASAP and can't wait.

Anybody think I have a chance of actually getting the PIN ??

Dbl E GT
Old 7/31/06, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Pin

Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
I have had a request for about 3 days now on Blueoval for an X-Plan PIN. Unfortunately, nothing yet. I'm looking to put the order in ASAP and can't wait.

Anybody think I have a chance of actually getting the PIN ??

Dbl E GT
Yes some one will help you, i had one in like 3 days. They are very good about it,i give one out for a jeep to help one of them out and got a thank you 3 times.Like i said they are very nice and will help.
Old 8/1/06, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've had a request for over a week without a response.
Old 8/1/06, 01:05 PM
GT Member

Keep trying. It took me a couple weeks but knitski helped me. Since he's gone you might want to state you need a PIN ASAP to get the car of your dreams.
Old 8/1/06, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Pin

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Keep trying. It took me a couple weeks but knitski helped me. Since he's gone you might want to state you need a PIN ASAP to get the car of your dreams.
NOW that is a good one!!
Old 8/1/06, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool X-plan pin

I can get you a pin #, I've got a couple left. Just need your info, full name, last 4 of your SSN, full address, email address. I work for Ford, at AAI(Flat Rock), and I'm sure someone can vouch for me on here, I've given our a few to members here. John
Old 8/1/06, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just sent you a PM. My email is phorty89@yahoo.com
Old 8/1/06, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hiznherponies
I can get you a pin #, I've got a couple left. Just need your info, full name, last 4 of your SSN, full address, email address. I work for Ford, at AAI(Flat Rock), and I'm sure someone can vouch for me on here, I've given our a few to members here. John
Thanks... already got one ! You guys are the best !
Dbl E GT
Old 8/1/06, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hiznherponies
Your generosity is very appreciated.
Old 8/2/06, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I had the opportunity today to use my PIN and purchased the GT Vert that I ordered. Whey using yours, pay close attention, as the dealer tried charging me over $300 for document fees. I explained to the manager that with X-Plan they were not allowed to do that, but he didn't believe me. He left, made a phone call, and then came back and apologized to me. Needless to say, I was right, and they didn't charge me the doc fees.
Old 8/2/06, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Interesting. So what, beside the X-plan price, should you pay? So if your X-plan price is $27K, what is the total with taxes, etc. that gets you out the door?
Old 8/3/06, 06:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Well your price may vary depending on what you apply as a trade. For example, the MSRP on my 2007 Premium GT Vert was $36,900, but the invoice was only $34,107.58, so the X-Plan price was $34,046.15. I applied $27,000 in trade, so the difference and what I paid was $7,046.15. In Florida you only have to pay tax on the difference, and that is all I paid. The dealer had incorrectly tried to charge me a $399 doc prep fee in addition to that, but the X-Plan prohibits them from doing so, as that is all just profit for the dealer.
Old 8/3/06, 06:56 AM
GT Member

My wife and I are getting ready to order a GT in a few weeks. Where can I find a list of what the dealer can and cannot charge us for on the X-Plan? Apparently doc prep is not chargeable. Any other items, such as regional advertising fees, etc.?
Old 8/3/06, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
My wife and I are getting ready to order a GT in a few weeks. Where can I find a list of what the dealer can and cannot charge us for on the X-Plan? Apparently doc prep is not chargeable. Any other items, such as regional advertising fees, etc.?
I don't know about the regional advertising... they might be able to get you on that one. But, yeah... they can't charge for docs, but delivery and destination they CAN charge. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 8/3/06, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
When you get a PIN, you will have to go to the Ford x-plan website to complete the registration process and activate it. This site will describe what is and isn't allowed. The website is:
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/vehi...dNeighbors.htm

Hope this helps.

-Chip in SC
Old 8/3/06, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Advertising is part of the factory invoice and is paid on X-Plan.

X Plan on my '07 Vert was $60 below invoice price (Invoice included dest and advertsing)
Old 8/3/06, 10:59 PM

hey guys, i've been lurking here for a while. Im planing on buying a new GT prem. Black. but it would be hard to afford with all the options. If any one can give me a pin for X-plan that would be great. I Drive a 94 gt 5.0 black right now. awesome car, but on its last legs.
Old 8/4/06, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just saw this rebate: http://www.rodbakerford.com/pages/pr...rs/default.asp

Can you get this taken off the X-plan price if you buy an 06?

I've been shopping around for 07's and have told the dealers I wouldn't buy an 06 unless I could save signifcantly off the x-plan price. How does this rebate play into the fold? Can they beat X-plan with an 06?
Old 8/5/06, 04:02 PM
V6 Member

You get your x plan price, which is typically $25 bucks under invoice, then you can take another $1500 off with the Ford rebates on the 06GT.
Old 8/5/06, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JustinG
hey guys, i've been lurking here for a while. Im planing on buying a new GT prem. Black. but it would be hard to afford with all the options. If any one can give me a pin for X-plan that would be great. I Drive a 94 gt 5.0 black right now. awesome car, but on its last legs.
Put in a request on this forum...

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=45

Quick Reply: Why so difficult to get PIN ?